NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default Crossovers at SGC

Posted By: Matt R

I've read their terms and they only accept crossovers on cards worth $500 or less. So if they damage your $1000 card, you only get $500 in damages. Does anyone know if there's a way around this? I also noticed that they use Fedex but only insure it for $500. That makes me feel a bit uneasy trying to cross a more expensive card.

I have an insurance policy with Collectors Insurance. The policy makes it sound like I'm covered for a loss in the mail. Does anyone else have insurance through them? Do you know if they cover a loss in the mail. I know you have to send it with a signature required.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

are you sure that's correct on the above SGC crossover info?

doesn't sound right to me...

Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brent Butcher

Either crack out yourself and submit or call them and they will work something out with you.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brent Butcher

That's the standard policy Mike but you can always call and they will work with you.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Yes, it's only a $500 max. One time they ran a special and upped it to $2500. I don't understand it either. If they can do $2500 for a special, why can't they do it all the time?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Ah, so they are willing to negotiate. I'll have to give them a call.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

"...but you can always call and they will work with you."

agreed.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I have crossed more valuable cards. I just called and got the ok first.
JimB

Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Adair

Hey Matt,

I'm glad you think you're so big and bad. But guess what friend....death threats are not taken lightly by the authorities. Even via the Internet.

The email..should I says email(s)...all 16 (within a 10 minute span) of them are being saved.

This one in particular is being forwarded to the Detectives at my local PD. Hopefully they'll be in touch with your PD shortly.

You have some serious mental issues pal. Hopefully you'll be arrested under the "terroristic threat" law and receive the proper care.

*********edited out private email - moderator dude.....emails are not allowed to be posted on the board- moderator

Typically, I am aware that posting outside communication such as an email is prohibited on most forums...but this needed to be shown for everyone to see exactly what type of lunatic they are dealing with.

I am far from joking about reporting his threats of harm to myself and my family. I am stopping by my PD tomorrow morning before work to ensure that this is handled. I have printed out all of his threats and will continue to do so as they come in.

Thanks,
Jay

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Only after you sent a message with a very threatening tone to me. You couldn't leave it alone and had to start attacking me by my personal e-mail. Be sure to show your message to the cops as well. They won't do anything about it anyway. There were no threats even made.

You wanted to put on your internet tough guy act too. You are the one that made the e-mail threat.

Your message will also be kept.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

This is getting just a little childish.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Glyn Parson

We will accept crossovers at any value. If the card is worth more then $500 you need to submit it at the correct grading tier for that value. Also for fed ex you are insured for $500 automatically you must pay more to be insured for more then $500. If you have any questions please feel free to give myself or Michael a call at the office. 1-800-742-9212.
Thank You,
Glyn Parson
SGC

Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Please take the argument off of Net54. If I see anymore posts with this kind of banter I am going to delete them. Please get back to collecting cards and talking about them or don't post. I understand there is an argument brewing but you guys need to let it go. Shake hands and don't be angry. It's not that big of a deal. Anger always hurts the person harboring it.....take care now.....and email me if you want to talk about it. Please don't even respond to this post on the board. ...thanks again

Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

"We will accept crossovers at any value. If the card is worth more then $500 you need to submit it at the correct grading tier for that value. " Glynn

"SGC will no longer accept cards for crossover valued in excess of $500." SGC website

Glyn,
If that is the case, you might want to consider re-wording what is written on your website. It is a little confusing and you are probably losing business as a result.
THanks,
Jim

Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Speaking of SGC website last I looked the warranty was still the same too.

Steve

Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

SGC has been swamped in all areas the last few months - their turn-around times have been slow, and, as you can see, their website updating has fallen behind their actual policies as well. Growing pains of any small company. Once they make the necessary hires and train them, they should be back at the top of their game.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Jim - The website is clear. A card valued above $500 is no longer a $7 crossover. Its simply a submission but the card is still in the competitor's "protective housing."

Old 04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Matt, as I had mentioned on another thread, my raw card was delivered to SGC last Monday, graded that day and Fed Exed back to me for Tuesday delivery. The card was literally in SGC's hands for less than 12 hours. Really astonishing service -- other than that they undergraded my card by a couple grades.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

SGC sounds like they provide good service. I talked to Michael and he said that I can include a note with my card and ask the grader to make note of the flaws in case it doesn't cross.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

The SGC Guarantee

SGC guarantees that all cards submitted shall be graded by SGC grading experts in accordance with SGC grading procedures. In the event the original submitter of an SGC card believes that the card has been overgraded with respect to such procedures, the original submitter may resubmit that card to SGC for a review of the assigned grade. THIS RESUBMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT FROM SGC

I wonder how many collectors read this and did not follow through on a problem card simply because they were not the original submitter.

The current owner has been in place for over 3 years. Over a month ago this forum was told it would be fixed.

The person that does the web site for them is not a grader so being 'swamped' is not a reason IMO.

I still can't find where PSA has hid there warranty.

Steve

Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

I wasn't suggesting all their service is backed up, and it's possible that they already have gotten back up to speed, but several of us had delays in our orders over the last few months. I am confident they are working out the issues, if they have not already.