NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default enough is enough

Call for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games. MAKE THIS SPREAD NATIONWIDE !!!!!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Tony

Already with you David! Hopefully we won't have to wait until Veteran's Day before we see some results. Between the penalties, instant replays, me first dances on inconsequential plays, and ridiculous dog peeing TD dances, NFL telecasts are almost unwatchable already. Add in politically charged, hollow protests against the flag and it's an easy decision...done.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Todd Schultz

Not gonna happen. And as a proud American and son of a Veteran I very much understand what my father fought for, and as importantly, what he fought against. My late father completely understood and supported the importance of peaceful protest, including those raised against the flag. Don't get me wrong, he did not like such displays, but made it clear to me that they were a part of this Country's heritage and separated us from tyranny.

P.S. I won't even get into the misunderstanding many have as to why these kneelings are made and what is being protested. It is not the American military and those who serve or who have died. Apart from that and again, long live the First Amendment.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:37 AM
Scott Ti3k

I won't get political because this is a sports forum, not politics. I'll simply reply with nope!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:43 AM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Not gonna happen. And as a proud American and son of a Veteran I very much understand what my father fought for, and as importantly, what he fought against. My late father completely understood and supported the importance of peaceful protest, including those raised against the flag. Don't get me wrong, he did not like such displays, but made it clear to me that they were a part of this Country's heritage and separated us from tyranny.

P.S. I won't even get into the misunderstanding many have as to why these kneelings are made and what is being protested. It is not the American military and those who serve or who have died. Apart from that and again, long live the First Amendment.
Thank you to your father for serving.

Last edited by cardsfan73; 09-29-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Enjoy watching the final round of the LPGA tour event from Tucson, AZ gentleman. Looking forward to less crowds at Buffalo Wild Wings
Old 09-29-2017, 08:01 AM

It's amazing how well the protests are working. Sunday there were lots of games, but there was only one on Monday, then none on Tuesday and Wednesday...
Old 09-29-2017, 08:00 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post

Thank you to your father for serving. I don't think anybody disagrees with their (NFL) right to protest (even though most, including myself, doesn't like it). It's how they're doing it that bothers people. Nobody, and I mean nobody has the right to protest while at work, while they're on the clock, while they're being paid - without the approval of their employer.

If you think otherwise, then the next time you're in a courtroom and the bailiff comes in and says "all rise" you just remain seated. When the judge asks you why you didn't rise, tell him it's your First Amendment right to protest and see where that get you. Again, it's not their (NFL) protesting that bothers most, it's the venue in which they're doing it. If they really want to protest, let them go do it in their free time - not while they're being paid to work.
Closed Thread