NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2017, 05:00 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default The End of Hauls of Shame

Looks like the renewal fee was not paid and Peter Nash lost his website.

The website was taken over by one of those companies that resell the domain names.

Check out the site now, pretty ironic that register.com put up generic words based on the web site name to help sell the url.

It's appropriate and fitting that words such as "Guilt and Shame" and "What Is Shame?" are now shown on Peter's former site.

Here's a link: http://haulsofshame.com/
Old 01-09-2017, 05:06 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Good riddance. Although I think some of Nash's investigations were interesting, I always felt "dirty" while looking at his site.

Jeff
Old 01-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I hope he ends up rotting in jail. That is certainly where he belongs and what he deserves. There has been no bigger criminal in our hobby, imo.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:45 AM
David Kathman

Could somebody explain what Nash did, for those of us who don't know the backstory? Or provide a link?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
Could somebody explain what Nash did, for those of us who don't know the backstory? Or provide a link?
He made fake memorabilia and spread it throughout the hobby. He then got investigated and pleaded the 5th amendment every time he got asked where he got the fake stuff he was selling. But he was good at it, real good. He would take authentic items, put them together, and make something completely different and far more valuable. He had a bad habit of not paying his debts according to all of the lawsuits and hot checks I have seen. And there is this income tax thing too....Beside these things below, as of Oct 2016 Nash still owed Rob Lifson $220,000 from a (court judgement) pursuant to a loan on bad collateral. That amount has been whittled down from around a million from monies from the bar he owns (hopefully that will get taken too). According to the lawsuit below it seems he was selling things he didn't own too. Here is some reading but there is a ton more. Heck, there might be as much as you have posted about early hobby stuff.

Last edited by Leon; 01-09-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdcrdkid View Post
He has been discussed on here several times. Besides high end baseball he loves high end Jordan cards. He is the reason IMHO it is safer to but raw. I am on my phone or would but up a few links.
EDIT dang phone was referring to the Mexican guy and quoted the wrong post.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-09-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I hope he ends up rotting in jail. That is certainly where he belongs and what he deserves. There has been no bigger criminal in our hobby, imo.
Easy for me to say because I don't do memorabilia, but I would rank him well behind the major card doctors, and now the Mexican guy with the fake (or resealed) slabs.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-09-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Of much less importance than the thorough and great documentation Leon provided above, but fascinating none-the-less:

If Peter "liked" someone in the hobby who was convicted or accused of wrong-doing, he wouldn't cover the story in his Hauls-of-Shame blogs.

If you were not one of "Peter's friends", he would twist facts, mislead and slam those he choose to in those same blogs.

Last edited by sports-rings; 01-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Of much less importance than the thorough and great documentation Leon provided above, but fascinating none-the-less:

If Peter "liked" someone in he hobby who was convicted or accused of wrong-doing, he wouldn't cover the story in his Hauls-of-Shame blogs.

If you were not one of "Peter's friends", he would twist facts, mislead and slam those he choose to in those same blogs.
O'Keefe once told me that when he spoke with Nash it was like the twilight zone. About a third of the stuff is actually true, a third of it is grossly exaggerated and a third of it is total fabrication. Trying to figure out which was which was the difficult part, I guess. There are very few people in the world, which I have any real knowledge of, who I call "bad". He is one of the very few. Maybe if he goes to jail for a long time, pays all he owes and repents, he can turn himself around. Who knows. Here is some more reading. It could go on for days but won't ...

Last edited by Leon; 01-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post

If Peter "liked" someone in he hobby who was convicted or accused of wrong-doing, he wouldn't cover the story in his Hauls-of-Shame blogs.

Truth be told I think we are all guilty of this. I have never met 1 single person who does not twist the truth a little when it comes to friends and family.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
the Mexican guy with the fake (or resealed) slabs.
I don't know about this one. Would you explain or provide a link?
I need to know since I only buy slabbed cards.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Dan Bretta

The website still looks the same to me. Just looks like he hasn't updated since June.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
C'mon. Have we forgotten Bill Mastro already?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:02 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
C'mon. Have we forgotten Bill Mastro already?
seriously...there have been and continue to be much "worse" criminals in the hobby.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
seriously...there have been and continue to be much "worse" criminals in the hobby.
Yes, but perhaps they are more likeable and have managed to seduce the very people they are defrauding.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-11-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:25 AM

This is a fascinating read. I had always (apparently incorrectly) assumed that Hauls of Shame was a respected resource for Net54 folks. Goes to show you can't trust everything you read on the internet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Alex

The guy may be a terrible person but I found his site to be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.