NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default Ebay item reporting

Does anybody know how this works (or if it even works)?

I have reported this auction the first day it was listed and a couple of times since and it is still up with $41bid with 18 watchers and 10hours left.

I have told the seller that they are reprints and that he now knows so he needs to get rid of his disclaimer. He said "Ok" but hasn't changed a thing.

Maybe I am wrong maybe these aren't reprints they are the rare 20's issued black sweet caporal and piedmont backed cards with the factory No.s erased.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 AM
P.hil €lli$

I think the Summers is a reprint, but I think the other are good. So he has 4 cards.....1 a reprint and the others appear to be legite to me.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default All reprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgellis View Post
I think the Summers is a reprint, but I think the other are good. So he has 4 cards.....1 a reprint and the others appear to be legite to me.
There's no factory indication on the Piedmonts (amongst other indicators)... they are all reprints.

I just reported it as well... hopefully its taken down. The seller tried to append the listing with "I,M NOT SURE IF THESE CARDS ARE ORIGINALS ARE REPRINTS I'M NOT A CARD EXPERT PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF THANK YOU!!"

Last edited by t206hound; 01-30-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 AM
P.hil €lli$

I missed that the first time looking quickly at them. You guys are right....they are all reprints.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default ebay

E-bay is useless when it comes to this. I have reported stuff numerous times. I even called e-bay a few weeks ago. After going thought 100 help menus, I finally had to say my account was hacked just to get the 800 number and pin. Then all I got was their usual canned (Scripted response) to any issue. Would have been better off calling my cable company, same results....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
M!ke S@il£r

"Does anybody know how this works (or if it even works)?"

From my personal experience, it works pretty lousy. I don't waste my time anymore.

Last edited by vintagecpa; 01-30-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I really don't know what standards ebay has to remove an item. Even the honus wagner polar bear back is still up (has been mentioned in another board post). I am sure that one has been reported a few times as well. I just get so frustrated with trying to get this stuff removed to no avail sometimes.

I understand the entire "if someone bids/buys they deserve what they get" but I was scammed once on one of these as a teenager trying to buy some. I am no longer a newby at this so I know what to look for but there are other newbies that have no clue what they are looking for and won't realized it until they get this crap in the mail.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I really don't know what standards ebay has to remove an item. Even the honus wagner polar bear back is still up (has been mentioned in another board post). I am sure that one has been reported a few times as well. I just get so frustrated with trying to get this stuff removed to no avail sometimes.

I understand the entire "if someone bids/buys they deserve what they get" but I was scammed once on one of these as a teenager trying to buy some. I am no longer a newby at this so I know what to look for but there are other newbies that have no clue what they are looking for and won't realized it until they get this crap in the mail.
I used to be part of the fraud reporting ebayers that had a special email to send bad auctions to. Once it got so out of hand, and their responses were slow at best, I gave up. I think ebay doesn't have the manpower, or possibly the inclination, to stop all of the crappy listings. As always, unfortunately, it's buyer beware.