NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-03-2018, 06:12 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

$229 for an autograph of a living player? Even an all time great? I, I can't... and standing on line for hours to be treated like cattle?? I would rather save that money to be used on a rarer old dead hall of fame player...

And I only have auto's really by default as part of collecting cards!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:58 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
$229 for an autograph of a living player? Even an all time great? I, I can't... and standing on line for hours to be treated like cattle?? I would rather save that money to be used on a rarer old dead hall of fame player...

And I only have auto's really by default as part of collecting cards!
Back in 1998, CSA had a Senator's reunion and managed to get Ted Williams to attend the show at $250 a pop (limited to 100 or 200 signatures). I bit hard but I knew it was my only shot to get Williams. There is no standing on line for hours and I have never felt that I was being treated like cattle. At times have certain promoters been disorganized as heck? Oh yes! It is a hobby. I make a decision to pay for an individuals time to sign an item. I am not looking for a long conversation with the individual or expecting to become fast friends. It is a transaction, with common courtesy from both parties. I leave happy with my item signed.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
Back in 1998, CSA had a Senator's reunion and managed to get Ted Williams to attend the show at $250 a pop (limited to 100 or 200 signatures).
I remember this, it could have been his last show. I read that John would drag him against his will to shows for the money grab and Ted insisted that show would be within 5 minute drive of airport so he could fly back on the same day. It was flats only.

Sorry to digress
Old 07-03-2018, 07:39 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
I remember this, it could have been his last show. I read that John would drag him against his will to shows for the money grab and Ted insisted that show would be within 5 minute drive of airport so he could fly back on the same day. It was flats only.

Sorry to digress
It was flats only because Ted could no longer grip a ball. I believe Ted stayed for the weekend because there was a breakfast or banquet the next day.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
I would rather save that money to be used on a rarer old dead hall of fame player...
Without seeing the item signed in person, you never really know if the item is real. The other day, I was channel surfing and caught an airing of the forger Greg Marino. I have seen the piece but I just had to watch it again. The process of make something look old and the sheer volume of items was still shocking. I rarely buy pre-signed material, but when the National was held in Baltimore (please come back) I purchased a b&w 8x10 of Ferris Fain from the former promoter of the Robert Morris show in Pittsburgh. I assume the Fain is legit. Who is/was making money off of forged Ferris Fain 8x10's? But I still wonder.....

Last edited by Huck; 07-03-2018 at 07:39 AM.