NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-25-2016, 12:01 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default Justice finally served

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...-appeals-court
Old 04-25-2016, 12:09 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

The NFL isn't hurting by any means, and has never been more successful.

That said, imo, the NFL has a bigger problem in trying to protect the health of the athletes and keeping them out of jail / or alive in some instances.

So good for them and the appeals court. Maybe they can focus on a real issue now and work on the image of the NFL.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Justice was not served. A divided appeals court decided it did not have sufficient grounds to intervene in a private arbitration.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Al Richter

Default Justice

....is in the eye of the beholder
Old 04-26-2016, 03:43 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

No justice here, just something for Pats haters to grasp at.

You're telling me that MAYBE being aware of some air in a football deserves the same, or harsher, penalty than guys like Ray "I didn't murder anyone" Lewis, Greg "she had it coming" Hardy, Adrian "we all beat our kids in the south" Peterson, Ben "she wanted me" Roethlisberger, etc.

Fans of other teams are so jealous of the Patriots last 16 (SIXTEEN) years of success that this is all they have.

Pats will start the season 3-1, win the AFC and defeat the Seahawks in the Superbowl.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
No justice here, just something for Pats haters to grasp at.

You're telling me that MAYBE being aware of some air in a football deserves the same, or harsher, penalty than guys like Ray "I didn't murder anyone" Lewis, Greg "she had it coming" Hardy, Adrian "we all beat our kids in the south" Peterson, Ben "she wanted me" Roethlisberger, etc.

Fans of other teams are so jealous of the Patriots last 16 (SIXTEEN) years of success that this is all they have.

Pats will start the season 3-1, win the AFC and defeat the Seahawks in the Superbowl.
LOL. Yeah, the NFL and it's " punishment " is so screwed up. The suspension for Brady and Hardy are the same. 4 games each.

I don't know where the " hate " is coming from, but NOBODY can reason that an under inflated football is on the same level as domestic abuse.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:19 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
You're absolutely right about all of this. But, I think it's total crap that players have a behavioral clause (or character clause or whatever it's called) in their contracts. What if your employer had such? Do you think it's right/fair for employers to get involved in employee matters that happen outside the place of employment? If my employer did that, I would tell them to pound sand as I'm walking out the door to go visit an attorney.

Yes, those guys all deserve jail time for what they did (IMO). But it's a criminal matter, nothing to do with their employment. Likewise, if I cheated at my place of employment, I deserve to be punished.