NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Default Another exhibit question

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I have really enjoyed the info provided by Adam, Frank and others on some of the nuances of the exhibit sets. I have a question that I haven't seen covered, though I may have simply missed it. During what period(s) were exhbits printed that have no copyright indicator, i.e. no "Printed in USA", "Made in USA", etc?

Old 03-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Im fairly sure your cards are 1963 and someone missed stamping the "Printed in USA" on the back.

I dont have any right now to show, but did own a few last year before I sold them.

The 1963 set (nonstat back) cards didnt have the "Printed in USA" on the front, they had it stamped on the back.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I'm not sure I've ever seen a non stat-back from '63 or any other exhibit that had the "Printed in USA" info on the back. Can you tell me what it would look like? Same size? Located in center or along top/bottom? black ink?

Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

I had always assumed these were 64-66, but I could be wrong.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Paul It could be 1964-66.

The info I have is directly from an article in the SCD from 15 years ago. It was written by Bob Schulhof and was titled "The Post-War Exhibit Baseball Puzzle" and was in the Feb. 12, 1993 SCD. I just went back reread the article and he did say the cards with "Printed in USA" stamped on the back are from 1963, but he may have missed it by a year. I know the 2nd set of stat backs were also in 1963 so it makes sense it may be 1964 instead of 1963.

The cards with the "Printed in USA" on back are out there, Ive owned about 6-8 of them, but dont have any now. Hopefully someone can post a picture of one.

PS. the stamp is randomly placed on the back and is small about the same size as the one that is usually printed on the bottom of the front. It looks hand stamped.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

I have the following w/o front markings:

Battey, Chance, Cheney, Drysdale, Howard, O'Dell, Wagner, Callison, Farrell, Jay, Kueen (SF), Santo, Lee Thomas, Wills

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc