NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 PM
Todd Tobias

Default Lacrosse Cards?

Does anyone collect vintage lacrosse cards? I've been slowly churning away for a few years now, and am getting more and more interested. I have steered clear of the C59, C60 and C61 sets thus far, but have found a lot of stuff in other sets, both foreign and domestic. I'd love to compare notes with anyone else who enjoys this sport and these cards, as there is understandably very little documentation available on this area of collecting.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Jeff

Lacrosse postcards with hockey players are real cool! Here's a couple:

• 1910 Equipe De Lacrosse National (Quebec) RPPC (Includes Jeff Malone & Patrick "Paddy " Moran)
• 1911 Vancouver Lacrosse Club RPPC (Includes Edouard "Newsy" Lalonde)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911 Vancouver Lacrosse Club RPPC.jpg (76.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 1910 Equipe De Lacrosse National Quebec RPPC .jpg (80.7 KB, 86 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 11-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Todd Tobias

Those are great. I'm loving postcards as well, though mine aren't necessarily player-specific.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Postcard - Choctaw Indian Ball Game.jpg (78.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Indian Ball Game, 1931.jpg (67.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Indian Lacrosse Tama Iowa.jpg (75.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - The Sporting Girl.jpg (73.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 PM

I do have some that I found here and there but I don't have a specific goal other then grabbing key cards...

lacrosse.jpg
Old 11-30-2017, 05:21 PM
Todd Tobias

Nice. I don't yet know many of the actual players by name, so I haven't yet started on those sets. I want to do some more research on early lax before jumping into those three sets. I do have a handful of player cards from Willard's and Dominion Chocolate sets.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:07 AM

Some of the most important card are on the bottom row...

Left to right...

1-C60 Tommy Burns... More known to be heavy weight boxing world champion
2-C60 Joe Malone Famous Hockey player. PSA also consider this as rookie card for HOR set.
3-C60 Joe Cattarinich Famous hockey player and co-owner of the Montreal Canadiens
4-C60 Clint Benedict Famous hockey player... there are 2 versions of the card. One has a miss spell name cliff instead of Clint
5-8 Complet Newsy Lalonde Lacrosse set C60-C59-C61. The C59 has 2 of the guys. The most dominant player in Lacrosse and in hockey...

I hope its help you...
Regards
Francis
Old 12-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFLfan View Post
Those are great. I'm loving postcards as well, though mine aren't necessarily player-specific.
I love the description on the female lacrosse postcard. I mean, what guy wouldn't love a "jolly, chummy sort" of girl?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Todd Tobias

A new favorite...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg postcards front.jpg (73.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Ian Penistone

I concentrate on the C59/60/61 sets but have acquired some oddball cards in the uk over the past few years. I have amassed about 150 cards from the C sets including some of the star players from collectors and dealers over here but finds have slowed down considerably over the past 2 years. Maybe I have cornered the market as there is little interest from most uk collectors I speak to.
It appears there are many variations especially different coloured backgrounds. There appears to be a steady flow on eBay but I am reluctant to cough up $60 on a common card. Other points I have noted is that many cards are miscut,probably hand cut from sheets. Also in the 2 coloured sets cards ending in 1 eg 11,21,31 etc appear to be less available in any condition as opposed to other numbers....

Tags
cards, lacrosse, lax, rare