NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Sports Collectibles Auction #710

Posted By: petecld

Hi everyone, as you may or may not know, this is my first auction at Heritage. Heritage has almost 1,100 lots this time with some great cards. There is an E90-1 Jackson, an amazing Tom Barker set, an E94 Speaker and a selection of very rare 1928 Star Player candy cards including Babe Ruth! There are also some incredible jerseys (Eddie Shore and Bobby Orr), autographs (a 1934 Goudey signed by Gehrig), bats, balls and a very cool Babe Ruth hat worn during his barnstorming tour with Lou Gehrig. Hockey and boxing card collectors should be especially pleased with the selection in this catalog. Non-sport fans should enjoy the 70+ lots which include some great vintage sets. Bidding has already started, catalogs are in the mail and all of the lots are on our website now. The auction ends October 17th (including all card lots) and 18th, 2008. NONE OF THE CARD LOTS HAVE FLOOR BIDDING! Bids are taken online and end the night of the 17th.

You can view the lots online here: http://sports.ha.com/common/auction/catalog.php?Sale_No=710&ic=homepage_catalog>.

Becoming a Heritage member takes two easy steps.

Step 1) Receive a FREE Heritage catalog! Sure, you could spend $100 on a subscription and believe me, accounting would love you for it but if you go to this link at ha.com you can receive a FREE catalog. Use the promotional code “710Net54”. Go to:
http://sports.ha.com/common/catalogorders.php>

Step 2) Go to this link to register to bid. After becoming a bidder, you can continue to receive free catalogs simply by placing bids in the catalog auction which equal $1,000 or more. Go to:
http://sports.ha.com/common/register.php>

Also, I ask you to take a look at our weekly auctions as the offerings of both vintage and modern card offerings have increased and hopefully will continue to do so. Don’t mistake the the term “weekly” as meaning “low quality.” There are some nice cards (singles, lots and sets) online now and coming up in the future. Weekly offerings will be more like ebay than traditional auction houses. What I mean is that you’ll see more smaller lots as opposed to one or two large ones and many, many more single card offerings.

On a personal note, the truth is no matter what we are able to offer I know our success depends on you, the collector. Heritage has established itself as the largest and most trusted collectibles auction house in the world. If you have any questions about consigning or bidding or just something about the Heritage system, please email me at
peterc@ha.com or call me directly at (214) 409-1789. Fair warning, yes, I can be a little slow to reply sometimes but I am working on that and I will get back to you.

Thank you,
Peter Calderon

Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Pete - thanks! I just went through the catalog request.

Is this the same as a "subscription" or is this just for this 1 catalog?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Hi Matt,

With the promo code, that will get you a free catalog for this auction. In order to keep getting catalogs, collectors will need to register and then place at least one bid.

Thanks,
Peter

Old 10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

That's excellent news! I assume that is a policy change as I have bid in the past but have not received a catalog.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Let me look into that. I know that bidding in just the weekly auctions will not guarantee that you will receive any future catalogs. The bids need to be in the Catalog Auctions but let me confirm.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Okay, I stand corrected.

Once registered, bidders will continue to receive free catalogs automatically if you place bids in the catalog auction (not weekly auctions) that equal $1,000 or more. That can be five bids of $200 each, two bids of $500 each, etc.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: wayne97

I did like the material in the up coming Heritage auction. I haven't bid in many Heritage auctions, but One thing i don't like about Heritage is not knowing if i'm winning or high bid in the auction because of the reserves. What does eveyone else think?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Hi Wayne,

There is no answer to reserves that will make everyone happy. Truth be told, I'm kinda in both camps. As a buyer, I don't like them but I don't let them stop me from bidding while an unusually high opening bid will stop me from bidding. As an employee of an auction house who's is trying to get a consignment, it is an effective feature that I can offer.

Yes, Heritage has reserves but unlike eBay or any other auction house we disclose the reserve amount well in advance of the end of the auction. With Heritage, bidders have plenty of time to place a fully informed bid. If a card is expected to sell for $5,000, you will never find a $4,900 reserve. Our policy with consignors is to keep reserves well within reason as compared to the anticipated final bid and only on items we feel will sell for at least $1,500. Yes, I have lost a consignment because I would not accept an excessive reserve. I don't worry too much about that happening because my goal (and others at Heritage) is to do our best to satisfy both buyers and sellers IN THE LONG TERM. Single hit and run deals that never sell will fill a catalog but only once. Hopefully I have many years of catalogs to offer items and a combination of both happy consignors who like the prices they see and happy bidders who build their collections via Heritage auctions is the best way to accomplish that goal.

If you can't wait a few more days I'll let everyone in on a little inside information....

THERE ARE VERY, VERY FEW RESERVES IN THIS AUCTION and most are on non-card lots! I talking only about 5-10% of the lots overall have reserves and I can only think of two or three card lots (all sets) that have reserves but I will add that there may be a few others I don't know about. NONE of the boxing card lots have reserves!

Good luck to everyone!

BTW - Wayne, I'm almost 100% sure I know what card you want... there is no reserve.

Peter

Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Pete -
Did you get my email?

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me
The Black Sox Blog