NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Things get heated in political debate. That's understandable. Sometimes there's insults, sometimes there's name calling. But you have one side that is so vile in their rhetoric taking it to the extreme. Let me give you a few examples.

“That motherf*cker, the one that was shot…. this motherf*cker, like his whole job is like to get people, to convince Republicans to f*cking kick people off f*cking health care. I hate this motherf*cker. I’m glad he got shot, I’m glad he got shot. I’m not going to f*cking say that in public. I wish he was f*cking dead.
-Phil Montag, Democratic Offical from Nebraska talking about the shooting of Steve Scalise

"I'm actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters>"
-Haley Geftman-Gold, CBS Attorney talking about the recent shooting in Las Vegas

Heck, even in this thread, you have people looking forward to the death of other board members.
"Your generation will be dead soon enough"
-gobucksmagic74 to another board member.

There are many other remarks made about Scalise and about the Las Vegas shooting victims that I won't even bring up. I don't understand the vile hatred that comes from this side.
LOL, David you have sent me worse PMs than those examples. I am sure you understand vile hatred.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Those comments are reprehensible but you could cherry pick some bad ones from the other side of the aisle too. Michelle Obama was the subject of some absolutely vile comments by state or local officials for example.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandBaseBallist View Post
Not to sound like a crybaby, but I wish there was somewhere I could go in this day and age where I don't have to have politics shoved down my throat 24/7. I listen to sports radio - it's all politics and hardly any sports talk (WEEI in the Boston Area being a prime example), social media - nothing but political arguments, chat boards the same thing and then of course television. It's nothing but Obama this and Trump that, even on websites and other media that have nothing whatsoever to do with politics. I once saw two guys fighting like rabid dogs about Obama and his policies a few years ago on a frigging Star Wars website. I know it's important and sometimes to the point where our freedom is at risk, but does it have to all the time? I just once would like to have a day where someone talks about a vacation they went on or a great meal they had or an anniversary or a grandchild's first birthday or how great the weather has been. Life is short enough without being pissed off and at war with each other all the time. I wish the whole country could just take a break for a week, celebrate the blessings we have in common and enjoy life. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part or the weed talking?
I am guessing a little of both but I do have to agree with your sentiments overall. That is the reason we don't discuss those things here. And I think we can all agree we should get back to talkin' cards. I am going to take Raymond's idea, right above, and close this one. It's been fun....sort of. Happy Collecting.

Last edited by Leon; 10-03-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread