NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Default Super Bowl ebay reminder

Posted By: S Gross

Just a reminder: Next Sunday will not be a good Sunday to end your ebay auctions ..............

............ oh, and Giants plus points // over .........

Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

end the auction at 11:00 pm, that way when the Pats kill the Giants by 24 points all the happy Pats fans will open their wallets and pay crazy prices for cards!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Giants 27, Patriots 24

Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Being a Cowboys fan, I don't think I will even watch the Super Bowl this year.  I suppose I would be happy, no matter who lost!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Hey Barry,

I just ran into an old friend at the grocery store not 30 minutes ago and when he asked me about the super bowl I told him Giants 24 Pats 20.

regards

Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I'm a Giants fan and I have to honestly say that you'd have to be insane to think the Giants can win this game.

That being said, I was certain they'd lose at Dallas and certain they'd lose at GBay. So who knows?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

the giants can win...hopefully they will and the pat's can try again 4 perfection next year.

pete

Old 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

The Giants had no chance last time they were in the Super Bowl either. New England has had a few close ones and has got/made the breaks go their way. If it comes down to late in the 4th I like the Giants chances.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Hate Belicheck, least favorite coach

Hate Manning, least favorite quarterback

I guess I will have to pray for a wardrobe malfunction or just not watch at all.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Darren- we're on the same wavelength. Pats have played poorly in their two playoff wins, and Giants have won a mind boggling ten straight on the road. I think we may see one of the more memorable upsets in pro sports history.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

I have a close friend who is a Giants FAN.  A few years back we had a mid season bet on the game.  Who ever lost had to wear a Giants Jersey on Sunday for the rest of the season.  Of course the Giants won a close one and he bought me a Jason Sehorn Jersey to wear.  I still have it in my closet.  The worst part of the deal was, we had tickets to the Final Game of the year, Texas Stadium, Cowboys vs Giants.  I had to wear that damn Jersey to the game.. can you imagine.  Regardless, its a fond memory.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

rhys...the odds of tom petty having a wardrobe malfunction are worse than finding a t206 wags at a garage sale...and how unsightly might that be anyway. I agree...in a close one the giants will win...the giants always win by "the field goal!"
pete

Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

34-20 Patriots.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

At least a Tom Petty wardrobe malfunction might be a legit mistake. He's so old he might foget to wear pants or something. I would still enjoy that more than the game.

Rhys

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

I'm a cowboys fan and i HATE both teams. But I live in New England and hate everything about Boston teams so I'm gonna have to root for the Giants as much as it'll hurt me.

But if I'm a betting man, I'm taking the pats in a blowout. Something like 71-9. Bill Belicheat is one of the best head coaches ever as much as I hate him. Brady is among the smartest (and most annoying) QBs ever - he can read defenses very well and makes smart decisions. But he's not the most athletic nor the best arm. He gets like 25 seconds to throw the ball cuz he's behind such a great OL. I hate roid-rage rodney harrison and i hate dirty players like wilfork and especially seymore.

if its a close game at all, the pats will win like they've won every single other close game this year. somehow they pull it out. a penalty, a dumb play by the opposition, some fluke, whatever it takes they win. they will have a record of 19-0 that will have an asterisk after it.

19-0*

they're the best NFL team of 2007, but not the best NFL ever. just my opinion

Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Being a Cowboy fan, its hard to have much anomisity towards the Pats. The Cowboys and Pats have never played in a signficant game.  There is not much of a rivalry there.  The Cowboys had a chance to make a rivalry this year but let us down, peaked too soon in my opinion. 

I think fans that dispise the Pats now will appreciate then and their accomplishment (assuming they go 19-0) in another 10 or 15 years. I know I hated the '85 Bears more than anything during that run but I certainly look back fondly now and remember just how great they were.  For what its worth, the 1985 Bears were the most dominant team, at least for one season, that I ever saw. 

Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

For the first time ever I went to a Cowboys home game, and it was this season against the Pats. Both teams were undefeated at 8-0 I believe. Cowboys led shortly in the 3rd quarter, and up till that point it was a great game. Then the Pats put a whoopin to the boys and won by like 3 TDs or something.

So to me, its on!!!! And added bonus - I live in New England so I still hear from friends/co-workers "how much $ did you spend to see the cowgirls lose to our great patriots?".

ugh

Rob

Old 01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Could care less about the Pats or Giants. Being a Vikings fan, however, I hate the Cowboys.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

With sniping services so prevalant <sp> I think that no longer applies.

Giants 24

Patsies 17

Steve

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Todd

Bob,

If you're a real Cowboy hater, then you'll love this.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/jessica_simpson_completes

Bill

Old 01-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Lotta haters in this chatroom!

Pats 27
Giants 14

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DD

Pats have played poorly, but they are the only team that can play poorly and still win. I think Belicheck will have them well prepared. The Giants only chance is to use the Kurt Angle (or Ken Shamrock) ankle lock on Tom Brady and knock him out of the game.

Pats 31 Giants 17

BTW - for anyone who doesn't waste their time like I do watching pro wrestling, those are the names I referenced above. (smiley face here)

Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Rhys,

I'd prefer a pants-less Petty performance to a Jackson/what's his name performance any day. Speaking strictly in the music sense of course. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Administrator

giants 34
pat's 21

pete in mn...go gints!