NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Matt

Richie -
Thanks - guy I bought it from said polo . What's the value of a wrigley seat ?
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiea13 View Post
The green seat appears to be a Wrigley Field riser seat .... not Polo Grounds, Matt.

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Mike Rozanc

Default wrigley seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
Richie -
Matt
a Wrigley seat is worth around $500
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Richie - CollectibleStadiumSeats.com

Your model rear mount Wrigley seat WAS one model that was also employed in The Polo Grounds. (Note: A second rear mount style seat was also used in The Polo Grounds over the years as well). Conversely, both parks painted their seats dark green, so you can understand how some people might get confused. With that said, a middle row (non-figural) Polo Grounds seat in all original/unrestored condition can easily fetch a grand plus these days .... and possibly/probably more if condition is very good. The current value of your Wrigley is roughly half that amount, as Mr. Ozie eluded to earlier. So, while the guy you bought this seat from might have made an honest mistake ..... its also plausible that he knew exactly what he was selling you and intentionally misrepresented it in order to make more money on you. May I ask you if you paid more than $500.00 for it, Mark?

Quote:
Richie -
Matt
Old 02-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Matt

Here's what I was told. The guy I bought the seats from got them from his grandfather who was an usher at Polo grounds. He said it was pair, but the one next to it had a crack in the cast iron. Took it to a guy who said he could fix it, and actually attempted to weld it with the wood in place and basically destroyed the other seat. He then separated them and kept the non ruined one. There was some major disgust when he told me the story. Could it be complete BS , sure, but thats what I was told. And If anyone is interested in it, let me know. It doesn't fit my collection
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
Old 02-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Richie - CollectibleStadiumSeats.com

The guy's story is a GREAT story, Matt ..... but its just that .... a story.

The 'smoking gun' piece of evidence in the seat number. Wrigley painted its seat numbers white and in the exact size & font as your seat. Polo Grounds seat numbers were much fancier and a bit larger .... and more of a silvery-white, not white-white (see attached photos). The photos I attached show a triple Wrigley Field seat in all original/unrestored condition, courtesy of a 2008 Lelands auction. The other photo shows a few unrestored/all original Polo Grounds seat parts that are the same exact model as the Wrigley parts.

Note too that all original/unrestored Polo Grounds seats sport more of a 'Kelly Green' color than dark green.

Quote:
Here's what I was told. The guy I bought the seats from got them from his grandfather who was an usher at Polo grounds. He said it was pair, but the one next to it had a crack in the cast iron. Took it to a guy who said he could fix it, and actually attempted to weld it with the wood in place and basically destroyed the other seat. He then separated them and kept the non ruined one. There was some major disgust when he told me the story. Could it be complete BS , sure, but thats what I was told. And If anyone is interested in it, let me know. It doesn't fit my collection
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrigley CB Triple - 7-6-5 L11-08.jpg (64.3 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0104.jpg (77.0 KB, 621 views)

Last edited by richiea13; 02-18-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Rob

^^^^ very subtle and interesting differences.....
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Matt

Thanks for the help . Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com