NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 05-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Dave

Default Some people take Ebay way too seriously!

Just got this wonderful message through Ebay.

Quote:
Why was my bid for https://www.ebay.com/itm/3326607.................. declined 20 seconds before close of bidding?
My bid was for $205.50 Winning bid was for $200.50.
You are a piece of shit!!!!,

Just sends warm tingly feelings up my spine. Did a little research on the sender. Yes, he was on my blocked bidder list.

Turns out this was the a-hole who left me 13 neutral feedbacks years ago for charging him $25 to ship him a group of 149 Ring Magazines (for anybody who's ever handled these, that's about 60-70 lbs worth of mags.)

Don't think I'll be removing him from the list.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Just got this wonderful message through Ebay.

Just sends warm tingly feelings up my spine. Did a little research on the sender. Yes, he was on my blocked bidder list.

Turns out this was the a-hole who left me 13 neutral feedbacks years ago for charging him $25 to ship him a group of 149 Ring Magazines (for anybody who's ever handled these, that's about 60-70 lbs worth of mags.)

Don't think I'll be removing him from the list.

I always assumed that blocking a bidder meant they couldn’t bid at all. Either way, that’s one jerk I hope to never deal with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 11:19 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
I always assumed that blocking a bidder meant they couldn’t bid at all. Either way, that’s one jerk I hope to never deal with...

Yeah, his bid was declined automatically and he got upset.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 05-29-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:02 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Dave,

If you are so inclined...I would call eBay about this one. You don't want him to set up a new account simply for the purposes of giving you negative feedback. If you are on record about this POS, it might help somewhere down the line.

Jeff
Old 05-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Ben North

I am amazed you still get messages from them since you have them blocked.

I know it used to be if you blocked someone they could not send you messages.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am amazed you still get messages from them since you have them blocked.

I know it used to be if you blocked someone they could not send you messages.

I used to think so to, but I get messages from blocked bidders all the time, usually asking me why they are blocked. 1st time one of them called me a POS though.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere to block messages also.

Besides, I'm not sure I would block messages if I could. I'd rather know what somebody is up to, instead of pretending they don't exist. Also, I've heard a couple of convincing stories to take people off my blocked list after they've spent a significant time on "probation".
Old 05-30-2018, 12:06 PM
Al Richter

Dave--- if I am on your list I am sorry for whatever I did
Old 05-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Dave--- if I am on your list I am sorry for whatever I did

Thanks Al, I doubt you're on it.

My list really isn't that long considering I've been selling on Ebay for like 20 years now.

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so you REALLY have to annoy me to get on there.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Read this:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/m...licies?id=4209

Member behavior policies

One of the foundations of the eBay experience is the level of trust between all members of the eBay community. To maintain that trust, we expect all members to treat each other with respect.

Inappropriate language and profanity policy
We have zero tolerance for members using language that we consider to be defamatory or abusive.

You should report him.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:33 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post

It is an extra setting option "Buyer Block Preferences", I used to have it blocked, but I would rather they vent to me instead of trying to be malicious other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Read this:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/m...licies?id=4209

Member behavior policies

One of the foundations of the eBay experience is the level of trust between all members of the eBay community. To maintain that trust, we expect all members to treat each other with respect.

Inappropriate language and profanity policy
We have zero tolerance for members using language that we consider to be defamatory or abusive.

You should report him.
I agree. I was reporting a buyer for other issues, but when they read his comments they were more upset that with his language and how he was treating me through the messaging system then my original complaint. Out of all the issues this seems to be the one issue they take seriously over there.