NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Greg

Default PSA photo Authentication

I just needed some opinions. I have recently purchased a Gehrig photo which i believe is a type 1. I wanted to send it to PSA. has anyone have experience with this that they can share? Like what is the average turnaround time, things like that.

Also i was confused about price to have this done -i called PSA and got more confused. apparently it does not go by who the photo is (like an autograph would) but rather want you want to insure it for. This baffled me because im not sure what to insure it for because the value is all dependant upon whether it is a type 1 or not.

If anyone can share experiences good or bad with me i would appreciate it
Old 02-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
I just needed some opinions. I have recently purchased a Gehrig photo which i believe is a type 1. I wanted to send it to PSA. has anyone have experience with this that they can share? Like what is the average turnaround time, things like that.

Also i was confused about price to have this done -i called PSA and got more confused. apparently it does not go by who the photo is (like an autograph would) but rather want you want to insure it for. This baffled me because im not sure what to insure it for because the value is all dependant upon whether it is a type 1 or not.

If you can post a picture it will help. Even though "type 1" is now an industry type standard, it was only made up by the folks who wrote a book (and are very good at photos) several years ago. I think the question that might be more important is when/if it was made from the/a negative?

Last edited by Leon; 02-25-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond View Post

Lets just say henry yee is a expert and if your photo is in fact a type 1 he will be able to tell. If you can post a front and back scan of it some of us can probably give you a good idea of what you have
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

I believe he's also asking about pricing and turnaround times for the service through PSA, not just whether what he has is a Type 1?

(I have no experience submitting photos to PSA, so I'm no help on their pricing structure or actual turnaround times, but I'm sure there are other members who have submitted to them).
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
Greg

I will post a picture later on when i get home but yes i was more interested in PSA services - turnaround time, satisfaction, cost - that sort of thing

Thanks again all for your help
Old 02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Banned

I cant remember how much I paid but it was less than $50 and it took about 10 days to get it back
Old 02-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Greg

10 days isnt too bad - thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Bill Boyd

Go to PSA web site and they have a price guide for authenticating photos, I believe either $25 or $35 was the cost. There, you can also download the form you will need to fill out and send with photo, plus shipping dos and don'ts in their instructions.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:49 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

My guess is the variable pricing was for the return shipping (for insurance purposes).
Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I've sent to PSA/DNA for photo authentication three times, and turnaround for me has been 4-6 weeks for each time, so I think that's what you expect. It looks like PSA has changed the fee structure for photos. Before, I think it was based upon which era the photo was taken. Now, it's soley based upon declared value, like it is for cards. You usually use the price you paid for the item as the declared value or what you would want PSA to compensate you if they accidently lost your item.