NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Yi
Banned

Default Just found 2 small koufax photos

Looked for one week, at last in a small box, I found this two photos-Postcard size, with my uncle's stamps on the back. I really like this two photos. I am proud of my uncle's skills on taking the photos. I searched online. I feel these two photos are the best photos for Sandy Koufax. Very clear, good pose, and nice light. Two guys here in Net54 want koufax photos. What shall I do? How much can I charge for selling? Any one gives some ideas? Can I make two guys happy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koufax2.jpg (68.6 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg koufax2 b.jpg (63.7 KB, 302 views)
Old 02-27-2014, 10:35 PM
J@son M1ller

put them in an auction. I bet there are a few more than 2 people that collect Koufax photos.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Just please take the yellow cellophane off the scanner when you do. I understand you're trying to protect the images, but there are better ways of doing so. I love the photos, but all this yellow is making me ill
Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Just please take the yellow cellophane off the scanner when you do. I understand you're trying to protect the images, but there are better ways of doing so. I love the photos, but all this yellow is making me ill
+1 What's up with the yellow?

Take care of both of the Koufax collectors. The two preeminent advanced Koufax collectors in the entire hobby are on this board. Both of these guys have collected Koufax forever.

Allow them to add these to their terrific collections!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 02-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
put them in an auction. I bet there are a few more than 2 people that collect Koufax photos.
agreed... You need to suction your collection off to maximize the value . Selling your best photos privately before you know what you are doing is not smart. You will be left with a bunch of stuff no one will want. These are very early Koufax photos which should bring good money.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 02-28-2014 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Yi
Banned

Take you guys' advices-now without the yellow color. I will try an auction here in net54. This is my first try. Hope it will be a good one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koufax1a.jpg (67.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg koufax1ab.jpg (47.3 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg koufax10002.jpg (70.9 KB, 224 views)
Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 PM

Those are absolutely fantastic photos.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
agreed... You need to suction your collection off to maximize the value . Selling your best photos privately before you know what you are doing is not smart. You will be left with a bunch of stuff no one will want. These are very early Koufax photos which should bring good money.
Yi, you should listen. Not all of your photos are fly off the shelves winners. There are many that will sell for very little if at all. Here you have two that many baseball photo collectors would want and you're so eager to sell them. You mentioned that you're trying to get some money to start an auction website. Sell off some of the lesser photos and put these in your inaugural sale. If you only sell the ones that people are clamoring for and are left with ones that no one cares about, your auction will not be very successful.

For the record, when I said put them in an auction, I wasn't talking about an auction on the B/S/T. I meant an advertised auction. The B/S/T is great but only reaches the people that are already members of this board.

Just don't want you to get taken advantage of. How are you even pricing them? Do you have enough experience to put a price on that takes into account the rarity and the market for them?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Yi
Banned

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your kindness and care. Recently, some members at Net54 contacted me often asking for photos. I feel pressure now. I am not that kind of person easily to say no to others. I am alway try to be nice to everyone. But someone's asking seems irrational. I know some of the photos my uncle left to us are unique. I don't want to sell right now. I want to present a whole view of my uncle's collections, especially the baseball player photos he had taken in about 60 years of his photographic career in my future website. I enjoy sharing some photos here befor I set up my own website. As a teacher, I am busy right now. I have to wait till spring break to have time to do my website. So I hope people here don't give me too much pressure on buying some photos right now on the photos I posted here. Some photos I sold I have regreted. If no pressure. I can still share photos here.
Thank you every one.
Yi
Old 03-01-2014, 03:23 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi View Post
Thank you guys. I really appreciate your kindness and care. Recently, some members at Net54 contacted me often asking for photos. I feel pressure now. I am not that kind of person easily to say no to others. I am alway try to be nice to everyone. But someone's asking seems irrational. I know some of the photos my uncle left to us are unique. I don't want to sell right now. I want to present a whole view of my uncle's collections, especially the baseball player photos he had taken in about 60 years of his photographic career in my future website. I enjoy sharing some photos here befor I set up my own website. As a teacher, I am busy right now. I have to wait till spring break to have time to do my website. So I hope people here don't give me too much pressure on buying some photos right now on the photos I posted here. Some photos I sold I have regreted. If no pressure. I can still share photos here.
Thank you every one.
Yi
I would test the market on ebay and put 20 up at a time at a low starting bid and see how they do . I would put a mix of popular and non popular players. The zip code stamp on these might date photo later than the picture wS taken unless they were added later. Impossible to know without seeing in person. I would provide all the info you can on each photo. You certainly should not sell the great players like mantle, Koufax, Jackie ect.. Without knowing what you have. I would hate to see you taken advantage of Yi. I would surely hope our board members do not try snd low ball you recognizing that you are new to this.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 03-02-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Doug Goodman

Yi -

If you need the money, I would sell the pictures, gradually, on ebay. You should get help from somebody who has a history of selling photos (like Lance (thecatspajamas) or Scott_Garner, both of whom I only know because I have bought from them on ebay) both have responded to this thread. There are others who could do the same thing. They will charge you a fee, but you will make more money this way.

If you don't need the money, then keep them all, but please show them to us, we are enjoying seeing them.

Whatever you do, let us all know.

Best of luck,
Doug
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Barry Arnold

Default Yi

since you are feeling too much pressure to sell and you have difficulty saying
'no', I would encourage you to take a breath---many breaths---and wait until
your teaching schedule becomes easier and then deal with selling the items.
You don't have to hurry any of this.
I do hope that you will continue to show us these beauties from your
collection.
all the best, Yi
Barry

Last edited by ethicsprof; 03-02-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Yi
Banned

Default Thank you guys!

Thank you Doug, Barry,Jason,Lance,Ben, Ted Grant... I appreciate your advices. I am listening and will listen. Thanks a lot.
Yi