NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Default What's the deal with T207 Prices?!?!?

Posted By: Steve

I know that T207 cards are very rare but, are the current ebay market prices very high or is it just me?? Second though, was this just a sleeper set that has finally seen a turn around.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

the recent large auctions have re-introduced some investnory and interest? I know I bought a small group out of the Lionel Carter collection, second-had, and that invigorated my interest of late...

Also, could be garnering more interest from those who are fed-up with T206 prices lately...?

Got any Tinker by Chance?

Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

T207 scarce back cards and many of the tough T207s like Stovall, Kling, Wallace, etc. are still very underpriced. I know you may hate to hear that, but it's true...

Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: WP

Its always been one of my favorite sets.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

I missed out on a decent condition T207 common with a Broadleaf back earlier this year at an auction because I was talking to another bidder/collector and was not paying attention. It sold for $22 dollars. UGH!!!

Same auction, I missed out on a T213 Coupon Series 1 Bernhard, also in decent condition, because I had to use the restroom. It sold for $30 dollars.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I've been paying a bit of attention to these prices as of late as well. I think, for one thing, a large number of the cards you're seeing made available are of some of the tougher players in the set. Guys like Pelty, Ragan, Downey, Works, Peters...just to name a few have all been on Ebay at relatively the same time within the past couple weeks. I've even seen multiples of some of these players. These are players which are normally only found with a tougher back, ie Broadleaf, Anonymous, etc...so that adds to the competition for them. A large portion of these cards seem to be from the Lionel Carter collection or a couple of other larger collectors that have decided to part ways with their t207s. I think that seeing so many of the tougher cards available at the same time may be renewing collector's interest in the set somewhat. This may also have an effect on some of the other auctions for common cards in the set as well.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Because of my daughters impending wedding, I may have to sell a few cards. Any thoughts on what a great Buck Weaver PSA grade 5, anon. back might bring ? Nice card. If it doesn't bring enough i will keep it. It's one of my favorite cards. Luv the smile. Thanks for your thoughts on this matter. I hope I don't have to sell it. I've had it for 15 years or so.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Pcelli60

..You get people all the time "discovering" some of these sets and they bid like maniacs on eBay, even on the lesser conditioned stuff! The higher end conditioned cards strictly belong to the well-heeled..Its really tough finding a comfortable place in the Pre-War end of the hobby. I'm really discouraged, but I find my bank account getting a little bigger..
Happy 4th

Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

The best "undiscovered" sets are the M116 Sporting Life set from 1910 and the 1914 and 1919 T213 Coupon set. Prices are still reasonable and collector interest remains low. If any of the T206 cards were issued with rare backs only like some of the T207s, they would be going through the roof, so I still think the T207 scarce backs are a great buy (plus I love the set).

Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

1. Is it a Anon 3 or Anon 25?
2. I know a SGC 40 Broadleaf sold for $870 recently and this winter a cycle SGC 50 was for sale (might have sold at) over $3,000.
3. I would keep it for the following reason: I still think people are paying more for Broadleafs than Anon. but the the Anon. are harder to find so someday they may end up worth a lot more, especially a Buck Weaver PSA 5.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

Remember too that an advanced Net54 collector is working on a master set. This will tend to drive some of the Cycle, Anon and Broadleaf prices up.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Zinn- You are correct. The 1911 Zeenut prices were going crazy for a while because there were 5 of us working on the set. Once all 5 of us got the cards available and each of us lacked the same small group necessary to complete the sets, prices have plummeted.
More on point, I have been toiling to complete the E94 master set and whenever one of these cards which I need comes up, the price is always higher than the same card in a color I don't need. It stinks, but such is life. When Tim S. was also working on the master set, the prices really began skyrocketing. Although Tim and I worked together often on these cards, the prices still climbed. Once Tim gave up and just concentrated on a single high grade set, prices still rose because so many people began jumping on the E94 band wagon.
tbob

Old 07-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

It's a factory 25. Anon. back. I supposesomeday I will have to sell it, but it will have to be pryed from my clenched fist.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

It's amazing to me that five serious collectors can drive up the prices in this hobby. Talk about a small vintage card market...it can't get much smaller than that.

Peter