NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-20-2004, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Default the yankees lose,the yankees looooooose!

Posted By: dennis

that loss should shut up that big mouth annoucer and all the other fans of corporate nation.i love to see the yankees cheat(get caught) and then cry.the umps are finally getting things right!everybody saw a-rod cheat.he should apologize for his lousy sportsmanship! but instead he cried.yankee fans are crying because the umps got 2 calls right.that should not happen in yankee stadium? get out the riot police! now maybe they can protest that game and demand a forfeit.well red sox fans tonites your night.the yankees loooose! get out the crying towels.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

You gotta love how the Yankees draw the Boston fans in ...... bringing them always closer to almost hoping ...... but they know better, you can hear it in their almost trembling voices. It is all about the $s guys. You make more in a seven game playoff than a four game playoff.

And cheating is sportsmanship. Ask the guys in the scoreboard with the binoculars, the corked bats, the lip readers, pine tar bats? What was that?, spitballs, the guy on second stealing the catcher's signs, and way more. A little ball stripping - ask proftball.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Pcelli60

I gotta eat some crow on this one. I thought Cards and Yanks easy but now who knows. All bets are off!! It makes for great drama. This is what its all about! And I dont even like either team!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

But I sold them all to my friends yesterday before Game 6. I'm a big Yankees fan, but I will not pay for games that never should have been played in the first place.

The biggest problem here is that since the playoffs went to a Division Series in 1995, the Yankees and Red Sox have squared off three times in the ALCS (1999, 2003 and 2004), and made the playoffs together in 1995 and 1998. That's half of the playoffs since 1995. It stands to reason that this may continue to happen for some time. If that's the case, it is absurd to think the Red Sox won't beat the Yankees at least once.

I also understand this series has additional drama because of the down 3-0 factor. But running off 4 straight in a playoff series is hardly unheard of. The Yankees did it to the Braves in the 1996 World Series, after being down 2-0. And the Dodgers did it to them in 1981.

If the Yankees lose tonight it would be an embarassing loss of catastrophic proportions. But, if that happens, I look forward to a time when the Red Sox can stop acting like the underdog all the time and are instead expected to win. I agree that if the Red Sox win, the Yankees will have in a way stolen the Red Sox' identity. And that may be the greatest victory of all.

Finally, A-Rod's slap was bush league. And most Yankee fans are better than throwing debris on the field.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

The beauty of this is that which ever team survives tonight, they will obviously a little fatigued mentally and physically going into the World Series.

No matter what happens now, super Mariano's blowing Game 4 cost the Yanks at least 35 innings of stress filled baseball.

Old 10-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Kasel

"But I sold them all to my friends yesterday before Game 6. I'm a big Yankees fan, but I will not pay for games that never should have been played in the first place. "

That comment makes about as much sense as Julie's Mickey posts. I didn't think Yankee fans were fair weather, just vile and boorish with their throwing crap on the field tantrums.

Bill

GO SOX!!!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

and buy cards and sit in front of TV in warm room & cheap eats.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Derek

Best day of my life! Thank you Red Sox!