NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Doug Goodman

Default Liveauctioneers.com - Multiple Fake Auctions

Liveauctioneers recently had a signed Frank Snyder m114 listed - twice.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...-psadna-y05488

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...-psadna-y05488

The bidding was over $500 for the one ending first, I bid $1 on the other.

I sent Liveauctioneers this email just after I bid :
Same item, different companies (in the same neighborhood) different end dates. Please explain. Thanx, - Doug

After my item ended, I received an email telling me I was outbid, the other item is listed as "passed". So, the bids / shills from the first auction were transferred to the second auction.

After both auctions ended I received this email :

"Thanks for reaching out. These two sellers are related companies and they cross-list items to expand coverage.

Let me know if you have any other questions."

Oh I definitely have questions, hahaha,
Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 173405391_1_x.jpg (134.2 KB, 706 views)

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-25-2024 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying"--Jim Rome.

That's a really clever shill technique. Run two auctions, jack one up to build excitement, and wait for the marks to jump on the real one.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-26-2024, 03:37 PM
pete ullman

liveauctioneers will always side with the sellers...not a great venue imo.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:44 PM
Doug Goodman

I don't believe that the item sold.

If we don't see it again somewhere soon it's only because somebody read this thread.

Or I could be wrong, maybe there is a huge market for Frank Snyder autographed items.

I know it has nothing to do with being a signed m114 based on the numerous examples on ebay (not) selling for considerably less money, and often bigger names.

Doug
Old 03-27-2024, 01:11 PM
Doug Goodman

My response to their initial "These two sellers are related companies and they cross-list items to expand coverage" response:

"That's a really simple answer for a more complicated issue.

There were two auctions listed on your site for the same item with overlapping timelines, that's not something that should be allowed to happen.

Two sellers from "related companies" selling the SAME ITEM for more coverage? I'm sorry but that's, for lack of a better term, kind of fucked up.

It looks like the bids for the listing that I did not bid on were transferred to the listing that I did bid on, some would consider this to be shill bidding.

Not a good look."
xxxxx

Liveauctioneers responed this morning :

"We do not allow shill bidding, this is definitely not something tolerated on the site.

I can review the transcript of any specific lots so I can explain it more in detail.

Did you bid in any of these lots?

Please let me know and I can further investigate."
xxxx

My response (with a stolen and uncredited Adam quote) :

"I was the opening bid for the auction I lost, the one that ended last with bids.

After bidding I discovered that there was a second auction for the same item that ended before mine which already had bids, so I never bid again or really paid attention except to send you guys my original email to point out that there were two listings for the same item.

After the auction that I bid in closed I received a note from that I had lost.

Checking the bid histories on the two auctions the first auction (which I didn’t bid in) “passed” and the one that I bid in seemed to have had the bids from the first auction moved to it. Conveniently the high bid in the second auction was $10 below the opening bid in the “passed” auction.

Your initial response to my enquiry is “These two sellers are related companies and they cross-list items to expand coverage.” Sorry, but that’s just a clever shill technique. Run two auctions, jack one up to build excitement, and wait for the marks to jump on the real one.

I have thousands of these posters, hundreds of them signed. No way did a Snyder poster sell for $600, I’m of the opinion that the company that sold it (which is evidently two “related” companies) still has the item and we will be seeing it for sale again at some point in the future.

I certainly could be wrong, and have no specific proof, but where there is smoke there is generally fire."
xxxx
Old 04-15-2024, 12:40 PM
Doug Goodman

My most recent communication with Liveauctioneers :

From them to me this morning :

"Hi Doug,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I raised your concerns with our team and was told that auction houses may relist items not sold during the auction, We recommend reaching out to the auction house directly for more clarification about the availability of the lot.

Feel free to reach us for any concerns or questions.

How would you rate the support you received today?

All the best,

Cristy

--
Cristy Dela Pieza
info@liveauctioneers.com"

My response :

That’s bullshit.

It wasn’t “relisted”

The items were listed at the same time, and both had bids.

Refer to my original email at the bottom of this thread.

Doug

PS – I would rate the service I am receiving as a zero, because I have pointed out that two of the companies that use your platform are committing fraud, and you guys are tying yourselves in knots trying to cover for them.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Way to call BS, Doug!
Old 04-15-2024, 01:37 PM

Give ‘‘em hell !!!
Bob
Old 04-15-2024, 02:21 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying"--Jim Rome.

That's a really clever shill technique. Run two auctions, jack one up to build excitement, and wait for the marks to jump on the real one.
Agree adam 100 pct
Old 04-15-2024, 02:49 PM
Scott Russell

Doug, While you're at it. Last I knew Hibid still allowed auctions to see bidders high (proxy) bids. No potential for abuse there... We used Hibid for a little while when we started. It freaked me out.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-15-2024, 03:31 PM
Bry@n

As a side note/warning for people --- Live Auctioneers is really just a platform - you are making your agreement with the auction house itself so always read their terms very carefully. I know someone who got majorly hosed by a shady AH on there and Live Auctioneers didn't do anything (and have no ability to). So then you may be left to decide whether legal action against a fraud on the other side of the country is worth the cost and the hassle.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:42 PM
Doug Goodman

Well, no response to my "bullshit" email, not that I expect one, but the item in question is up for auction again, eliciting a new email to LiveAuctioneers from me :

"Well, that didn’t take long :

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...m_content=item

This is the item that we have been discussing. Earlier in the email chain I said : I'm of the opinion that the company that sold it (which is evidently two "related" companies) still has the item and we will be seeing it for sale again at some point in the future.

I have highlighted that part of our conversation in yellow below.

So now I will await your reasoning (aka excuse) to justify a user of your site ripping off your customers.

Let me guess… there seem to be two potential answers :

1 – The new owner, the winner of lot #7004 in the March 25 Pacific Global auction (not to be confused with item #0094 in the March 23 Three Kings auction) has decided to sell the item he won less than a month ago for less than what he paid for it, because, why not? I hope that Golden Gate Auctioneer does well for him.

OR

2 – The owner of unsold lot #0094 in the March 23 Three Kings auction (not to be confused with lot #7004 in the March 25 Pacific Global auction) has decided to try again this time using Golden Gate Auctioneer who are conveniently located in the same building as Three Kings. Another “related” company I suppose.

Three Kings Auction, 1732 Aviation Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278, (323) 510-6312
Pacific Global Auction, 46 Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274, (323) 510-6312
Golden Gate Auctioneer, 1732 Aviation Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278, (323) 510-6312

Take care,
Doug"

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-23-2024 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:36 PM
Jay Norlund

I contacted them about Mynt auctions having all of their stuff on ebay for BIN who then told me they use "Virtual Consignment" - which means that most of their auctions have hidden reserves trying to get some sucker to bid above the Buy it Now price on other sites like ebay where they are listed at the same time.

Liveauctioneers response? "We recommend reaching out to ebay".

These jokers along with Pristine auctions should be run out of the industry.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:01 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorlund View Post
I contacted them about Mynt auctions having all of their stuff on ebay for BIN who then told me they use "Virtual Consignment" - which means that most of their auctions have hidden reserves trying to get some sucker to bid above the Buy it Now price on other sites like ebay where they are listed at the same time.

Liveauctioneers response? "We recommend reaching out to ebay".

These jokers along with Pristine auctions should be run out of the industry.
They should really rebrand and just say "hey, here's some cool stuff that other folks are auctioning off".

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-24-2024, 05:32 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Better than Frank Prisco. Absconded with 50k and sent fake tracking numbers though live auctioneers. Terrible platform

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-24-2024, 06:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Better than Frank Prisco. Absconded with 50k and sent fake tracking numbers though live auctioneers. Terrible platform
I think he was the one on this forum trying to sell a 1953 Silver Certificate dollar with a Ruth signature on it, he touted as real LOL..