NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Default Chicago SportsFest show

Posted By: Chris

How is this show in terms of vintage content? I am only a couple hours away, but if it's as bad as some of the recent Sun-Times shows I might save myself a wasted trip. Anyone know much about this show?

Thanks

Chris

Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Sportsfest compared to Sun-Times:

Bigger? Yes
Better? Eh....not really. Nothing noteworthy in my experience.

It's like comparing Pepsi to Diet-Pepsi.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: prewarsports

Sportsfest has more

Dealers
People
Companies

But it seems it is the same dealers who are always at the Sun Times shows even though there is supposed to be more of them. I have bought some amazing stuff at both shows in the last 2 years, but if you are not there on Friday night you are missing out because most of the real early stuff vanishes. I will be going again and always seem to find something really nice, but you almost have to really search and spend some time looking. If you have been to the Sun Times shows then you basically already know what they are going to be like though.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I think this in one of the better shows for vintage stuff around (though I am not a New Englander). Most of the major dealers are there. It is a huge show and while there is a lot of newer crap, I have found there to be a lot of good vintage material. I have been going to it for the last seven or eight years and will be there again this year.
Jim

Old 06-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

...so i go, but i haven't found anything exciting in years...at that show or the sun-times show. i've always had trouble making the friday show, this year i'll give friday night a shot. thanks for the advice.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: prewarsports

The lines are long on Firdays but the advantage is most of the people that are in line are there to sell stuff to dealers and I have bought some good stuff in the past. 2 years ago a guy sold me 2 Yum Yum's for $1200 while waiting in line, and the same guy the next year sold me 12 Old Judge's with a Wilbert Robinson for $320 when I saw him walking around the show. I also found a Clement Bros bread card for $30 on some guys table full of shiny cards that would have blinded you if stared directly at them. You just have to spend some time looking and go early from my experience. I always have a good time and never miss it.

Old 06-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: effe

Naxcom has the same deal for this show that was pointed out by someone else earlier on the board for National advance discount tickets. $7 off admission, so its only $3. Here's the link...
http://www.naxcom.com/New/SportsFest/landingpage.html