NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Default This makes me MAD!!!

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Here is another fine example of a well worded auction to deceive the unsuspecting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1835748923

If any of you have followed ebay in the last year you will note that these are same that sportscard54 has been selling at BIN $15.00 and explains that they are not photos but pictures on a thick paper stock.

I did send an email to Henry Sunday with the concern I have noted with no reply.

Yes, Henry does say that they are printed on a heavy paper stock, but he constantly calls them photographs. If for some reason Henry happens to have the original plates that these came from my mistake. He sure made paper copies sound good.

If a good explaination is not given Henry will go on my list with mickeysccc as don't bother to bid on his auctions. I hope to hear from Henry with an explaination.

Lee

Old 06-18-2002, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

I ALSO emailed Henry to discuss this with him. I bought a BIN version for $15.00 and felt it was a reasonable price. These were reprinted on heavy paper (repeat paper) stock probably 1980's and I'm sure they sold for way more than $15.00 but when they all didn't sell, that's why they're being blown out. Henry now legitimized the sale. His response to me was that the consignor would stand behind the sale and so would he if the buyer was unhappy...........I also emailed him the link where we were discussing his practices a while back.

Old 06-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

...when it takes someone a paragraph to say what can be said in a short sentence, they're probably lying.

I sent Henry the following email originally, and got an EIGHT (8) paragraph response.

"Is this cut from the Mastro sheet? Or a different find?
Thanks for offering these - I will enjoy this auction."

Old 06-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

are you sure this psychiatrist guy is a friend of yours? just because he lets you sit on his couch and talk to him for an hour every other day doesnt mean hes your friend,at least thats what my psychiatrist told me

Old 06-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Administrator

I married her...and I didn't meet her as a patient!

Old 06-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

That doesn't sound too good to me Scott, she picked you out as needing help without going to her office. At least I hope you got free therapy. :-D

Lee

Old 06-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Old 06-18-2002, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nic

I may get cr@p for this but in my eyes. These
guys are crooks. I`ve seen him sell pictures torn
out of vintage baseball books (mostly from "THE BASEBALL BOOK 1910")
the pictures are matted to cover his trax. And
then he goes on to say they are rare premiums.

I don`t mind the aliases...i just wanted to point
out that he pays for things cheap and adds juice
to the description and make double triple the profit.
Thats all good providing the info is accurate and
true.

Nic

Old 06-18-2002, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

Nic and all, I agree that he does peform embellishment and some of his descriptions are slippery. This might give him short term gain, but in the end this will probably hurt him.

I was looking through his finished auctions and some of the prices he got were amazing. He obviously has a talent for marketing.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nic

Yeah, agree he does have talent for marketing. Not sure what it is. Probably becuz he blankets ebay with so much stuff you can`t miss what he has for auction. I`m just amazed why people are willing to pay such outrageous prices. Nothing he`s selling isn`t really rare. They can be picked similar item on ebay for hundreds cheaper if they were patient. More power to him i guess, though i think the board is starting to see the unfair claims. This might be the start of his down fall. Greed will destroy anyone.

Nic

Old 06-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

...at least compared to what similar items that I sold brought. I would have added at least $150 to the bid for the Cy Young "postcard" - all he had to do was answer my email honestly.