NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-02-2023, 08:38 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default A confession... Immaculate Grid

I used to think I was a pretty solid baseball guy - I can win a lot of bar bets & trivia contests if baseball history is part of the scene.

But the Immaculate Grid game has knocked me down over and over and over - am I the only one who finds it to be frikken hard!

I can usually get the awards and records pretty consistently - but I guess I have never paid close attention to the random, end of career moves of many players so the "who played to the Yankees AND the Rockies" kind of trivia has been my trouble. (I should have guessed Troy Tulowitzky - doh)

My confession - I have still yet to get all nine. Oh, the shame.
Old 09-02-2023, 02:26 PM
Mike O.

Hey Jeff, I too considered myself a pretty solid baseball knowledge guy. But you are right. Immaculate Grid is tough! I have only completed it once and it was one where most of the categories were award/HOF/stats. The teams that guys played for always stump me as well. It is a fun game though.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
I used to think I was a pretty solid baseball guy - I can win a lot of bar bets & trivia contests if baseball history is part of the scene.

But the Immaculate Grid game has knocked me down over and over and over - am I the only one who finds it to be frikken hard!

I can usually get the awards and records pretty consistently - but I guess I have never paid close attention to the random, end of career moves of many players so the "who played to the Yankees AND the Rockies" kind of trivia has been my trouble. (I should have guessed Troy Tulowitzky - doh)

My confession - I have still yet to get all nine. Oh, the shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerMike22 View Post
Hey Jeff, I too considered myself a pretty solid baseball knowledge guy. But you are right. Immaculate Grid is tough! I have only completed it once and it was one where most of the categories were award/HOF/stats. The teams that guys played for always stump me as well. It is a fun game though.

Now, I feel even more guilty about the 'system' I use. I got too frustrated just relying on my memory banks. In my defense, I do believe that BBR wants IG participants to look up possibilities on the site. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm 67 and can hardly remember when I stopped knowing all the teams' rosters by heart. Probably around 1973...continued expansion worked great for the game...my memory, not so much.

Of course, next year, I'll be living in a world in which Stanford, UC-Berkley and SMU will be playing football in the ATLANTIC COAST Conference!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-02-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:05 PM

I've been playing for a couple weeks now and enjoying it, I do the MLB/NFL/NBA ones most days. It is surprising how hard it is sometimes to come up with a single player that played for both teams (and then it seems so obvious when you see the results). I usually screw it up by trying to go for someone obscure and getting it wrong when I could've just made an obvious pick, but it's fun to try to get the lowest percentages possible. I think today's was my best on MLB, all 9 correct with 36 total percent.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:36 PM
Jay Shumsky

I have the same problem trying to come up with players on multiple teams unless there's some big name player who happened to play on both. The awards and stats I can usually come up with so today's I was able to complete for a change.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:39 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I've only got it perfect once. Even today, I got 8/9 because I couldn't think of DJ LeMahieu (NYY and COL) Duh
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-02-2023, 04:52 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I've only got it perfect once. Even today, I got 8/9 because I couldn't think of DJ LeMahieu (NYY and COL) Duh
I missed the middle square (Colorado/Yankees) too.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:02 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
I missed the middle square (Colorado/Yankees) too.
I don't know what it is but I really struggle with the "who played for both teams" questions. I guess it just isn't the way I'm used to thinking as a sports fan.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-02-2023, 08:23 PM

It's hard enough that I'm surprised it's gone "viral" in our bigger than you think niche of baseball geeks.