NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Oh, PWCC has a vault? Didn't Al Capone have a vault too? Where's Geraldo Rivera?
Old 07-29-2019, 10:38 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
Oh, PWCC has a vault? Didn't Al Capone have a vault too? Where's Geraldo Rivera?
there may be cans of soda in it
Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
They are looking!
Apparently when applying for a job at PSA, you don't need experience as a forensic document analyst or in handwriting to get this job? I would think it would be necessary, no?

Last edited by topcat61; 07-29-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Apparently when applying for a job at PSA, you don't need experience as a forensic document analyst or in handwriting to get this job? I would think it would be necessary, no?
How would that apply to grading cards?
Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Ebay is aware of what's going on. I think it's highly unlikely they take any action.
Quite unfortunate. Again, when I was all new to this and just started collecting, specifically pre-war cards as a history nerd, I felt like something was going on. I reported the same names via eBay at least 5-7 years ago. Something seemed off then and it still does now. eBay allowed PWCC and their counterparts to get to where they are today despite those of us reporting them for years saying WTF?

Where do we go from here Peter? eBay allowed this nonsense to grow.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
So, the elite group of folks "the gang of 5" who ran up and bought each other cards through PWCC won't be using them in the future, I imagine. Not too mention, all of Moser altered card work won't be fenced/sold through PWCC like in years past. Plus, no more special flip/bump grading from PSA to PWCC will happen now. Its safe to say, its time for a new business plan!

Two years or less! Pwcc will be out of business and using their personal cards for lawyer payments is my prediction.
Who is in "the gang of 5?"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 07-31-2019, 07:06 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

I have been saying these for years....EBAY doesn't give a shit, period.....
Old 07-31-2019, 07:13 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
No.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:28 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

FWIW, it was reported on Blowout that Gary Moser's ebay account, whitman111 which became ricky-leo, is now "No Longer A Registered User"

Doesn't mean he's off eBay, but maybe they do care about it a little with the FBI involvement. I wonder if the FBI was tipped off about the odd sales history outages that eBay seemed to cause?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
FWIW, it was reported on Blowout that Gary Moser's ebay account, whitman111 which became ricky-leo, is now "No Longer A Registered User"

Doesn't mean he's off eBay, but maybe they do care about it a little with the FBI involvement. I wonder if the FBI was tipped off about the odd sales history outages that eBay seemed to cause?
Maybe he took it down himself and has a brand new one.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:30 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Who is in "the gang of 5?"

I know who one of them is, and he usually has a very focused 2 cases of cards at The National that are sort of spaced out like an Apple Store. This year he had like 7 cases fully filled and an entire set break stacked in one of them, and they were more filled like a Target store rather than an Apple Store, and I heard someone walking him down on prices which he never used to do.

Prepare to have the PWCC product sprayed into the wild.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Hmmmm.... if it's who I think you may be describing, wasn't he telling us back in 2016 just to have fun?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:01 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Hmmmm.... if it's who I think you may be describing, wasn't he telling us back in 2016 just to have fun?
Groovy, Peter (hope your brothers and sisters are well). I can hear the Mr. Saying “Now boys......”

Last edited by Tennis13; 07-31-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:23 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I have been saying these for years....EBAY doesn't give a shit, period.....
I've been saying that as well for at least 4 years. One of the worst companies of all time. They promote fraud at the highest level and then kick you to the Philippines. Amazing idea FU-Bay had, but not policing their site has made them complicit to all the crimes committed through them.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:27 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Groovy, Peter (hope your brothers and sisters are well). I can hear the Mr. Saying “Now boys......”
Brady ... bunch?

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 08-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
How would that apply to grading cards?
Here's why I would trust a Forensic Document Examiner over a grader any day of the week -

"Forensic document examiners, also often referred to as questioned document examiners, are forensic scientists who are responsible for using a number of scientific processes and methods for examining documents—whether written, typed, or printed—related to a crime scene investigation.

Forensic document examiners should not to be confused with graphologists, who are handwriting analysis practitioners that claim to be able to discern personality characteristics based on handwriting features. Graphology is largely viewed as a pseudoscience in the eyes of the scientific community.

Forensic document examiners, on the other hand, are skilled forensics scientists with a demonstrated expertise in applied questioned document examination. They are handwriting experts, as well as experts in other areas of document examination, including machine printing processes; and obliterated, indented and erased entries.

The most common type of questioned document examination involves identifying the authorship of a written letter. It is also common for forensic document examiners to determine if an item originated from the same source as a known item, determine when a document was produced, and decipher information on a document that has been erased, hidden, or obscured.

Forensic document examiners may perform the following:

Examine documents for signs that they have been forged or altered
Compare signatures and handwriting through handwriting analysis to determine the authorship of documents
Examine typed documents and link them to specific machines or computers (printing process examinations)
Decipher the contents of documents that have been partially destroyed or altered
Compare fractured or cut-edge comparisons on a variety of surfaces, including paper and tape
Examine incidents of indented writing
Perform alternate light source examinations to determine ink discrimination, alterations, and/or enhancements
Forensic document examiners commonly work in local, state or federal crime labs. A number of these professionals work through private investigative companies, although this type of work is generally geared toward civil cases. Forensic document examiners are also often called to testify as experts in criminal cases".*

*crimesceneinvestigatoredu.org
Old 08-02-2019, 10:37 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

Quote:
Here's why I would trust a Forensic Document Examiner over a grader any day of the week -

"Forensic document examiners, also often referred to as questioned document examiners, are forensic scientists who are responsible for using a number of scientific processes and methods for examining documents—whether written, typed, or printed—related to a crime scene investigation.

Forensic document examiners should not to be confused with graphologists, who are handwriting analysis practitioners that claim to be able to discern personality characteristics based on handwriting features. Graphology is largely viewed as a pseudoscience in the eyes of the scientific community.

Forensic document examiners, on the other hand, are skilled forensics scientists with a demonstrated expertise in applied questioned document examination. They are handwriting experts, as well as experts in other areas of document examination, including machine printing processes; and obliterated, indented and erased entries.

The most common type of questioned document examination involves identifying the authorship of a written letter. It is also common for forensic document examiners to determine if an item originated from the same source as a known item, determine when a document was produced, and decipher information on a document that has been erased, hidden, or obscured.

Compare signatures and handwriting through handwriting analysis to determine the authorship of documents
Examine typed documents and link them to specific machines or computers (printing process examinations)
Decipher the contents of documents that have been partially destroyed or altered
Compare fractured or cut-edge comparisons on a variety of surfaces, including paper and tape
Perform alternate light source examinations to determine ink discrimination, alterations, and/or enhancements
Forensic document examiners commonly work in local, state or federal crime labs. A number of these professionals work through private investigative companies, although this type of work is generally geared toward civil cases. Forensic document examiners are also often called to testify as experts in criminal cases".*

I absolutely agree. I couldn't care less about what number is assigned to a card. I leave the aesthetic opinions up to my own eyes. I don't need a third party for that. I want a grading company to confirm that a card is authentic and unaltered. I guess we're all waiting for a reliable company to provide that service.

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 08-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I absolutely agree. I couldn't care less about what number is assigned to a card. I leave the aesthetic opinions up to my own eyes. I don't need a third party for that. I want a grading company to confirm that a card is authentic and unaltered. I guess we're all waiting for a reliable company to provide that service.
That was PSA's initial advertising pitch as I recall -- an antidote to card doctors. Thus the "A" in PSA. The irony is rich.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-02-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

PWCC has their vaunted vault (please use "vaunted vault" going forward when referring to the "vault") at the National consisting of high grade cards in modest display cases on several easels that are not secured to the floor. They do have a uniformed guard however. Once the show closes each evening the vault is moved to an undisclosed location with the uniformed guard. At the conclusion of the show the vaunted vault will be transported back to Oregon in a used Brinks Truck recently purchased by PWCC. The truck is festooned with a variety of stickers to misdirect highway bandits regarding the truck's contents.

The National display is so innovative in concept that it will be set up the same way at their Oregon edifice. After all, what's good for the hobby is good for the lobby.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:

Nearly all of that is about judging the content or authorship of a written or typed document. If the card is signed, sure.
Maybe it's just a side effect of the number of crooked autograph authenticators that claim to be "forensic document examiners" (See the autograph section for more info)

In a general sense, they could probably identify some bad alterations, but getting it right on an alteration that's done well? That takes specific specialized information, which I don't believe most of them have.
It wouldn't be hard for them to get it, but the specialized info isn't something they just know.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
PWCC has their vaunted vault (please use "vaunted vault" going forward when referring to the "vault") at the National consisting of high grade cards in modest display cases on several easels that are not secured to the floor. They do have a uniformed guard however. Once the show closes each evening the vault is moved to an undisclosed location with the uniformed guard. At the conclusion of the show the vaunted vault will be transported back to Oregon in a used Brinks Truck recently purchased by PWCC. The truck is festooned with a variety of stickers to misdirect highway bandits regarding the truck's contents.

The National display is so innovative in concept that it will be set up the same way at their Oregon edifice. After all, what's good for the hobby is good for the lobby.
Whats good for the Hobby is good for the Lobby.......Dang thats awesome!!!
Old 08-02-2019, 03:27 PM
MîçhćŁ ßöwŁßĄ

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
They better not call that the 'hobby lobby' as the name is already taken..

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 08-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
Whats good for the Hobby is good for the Lobby.......Dang thats awesome!!!
Of course when they open in London they will use a bobby in the lobby to guard their Cobby.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:59 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

PWCC and owners of altered cards now going on the offensive against message boards.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=4160

Will be interesting to see if this kind of thing actually makes it into court. Would be interesting to see Beckett graders called in as "expert" witnesses and then get shown a mountain of trimmed cards in their slabs proving them wrong.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:43 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Probably the last place I would go to have something re-examined is the place that is accused of getting it wrong the first time and which stands to take a big financial hit if it can be shown they erred. This comment is not intended to single out Beckett, but is simply to make the point that in order for a re-examination to have significant meaning, it needs to be conducted by a company that has no economic stake in the outcome.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
PWCC and owners of altered cards now going on the offensive against message boards.

Will be interesting to see if this kind of thing actually makes it into court. Would be interesting to see Beckett graders called in as "expert" witnesses and then get shown a mountain of trimmed cards in their slabs proving them wrong.
John, can you post a link to the Blowout thread that analyzes the card and determines its been altered? Thanks
Old 04-29-2020, 06:16 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Post 6606

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...90614&page=266
Old 04-29-2020, 06:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:

Thanks for the update. Really what else would you expect from a bunch of scamming pieces of trash.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I was wondering they were gonna start threatening the people who out their crimes.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
John, can you post a link to the Blowout thread that analyzes the card and determines its been altered? Thanks
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...90614&page=262

You can start at post 6547 (page 262) re the Giannis card...

Start at the beginning of you want to read a horror book
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:21 AM
Brian Macdonald

Quote:

Now that's funny stuff...sitcom material, really
Old 04-29-2020, 10:19 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Probably the last place I would go to have something re-examined is the place that is accused of getting it wrong the first time and which stands to take a big financial hit if it can be shown they erred. This comment is not intended to single out Beckett, but is simply to make the point that in order for a re-examination to have significant meaning, it needs to be conducted by a company that has no economic stake in the outcome.
It's really amazing they think we are as stupid as they think we are.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:22 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Saw this comment posted in another tread, and thought is was appropriate to add it to Corey's thoughts...

Having Beckett re-review the card is like consulting the doctor who committed malpractice for a second opinion. Common sense alone dictates that you take the card to someone else.

Talk about a conflict of interest. This is criminal.

Last edited by perezfan; 04-29-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...90614&page=262

You can start at post 6547 (page 262) re the Giannis card...

Start at the beginning of you want to read a horror book
I have been following that thread for months. I just never really focus on cards newer than 90 years old, so this one did not sit with me (I don’t even know why it’s so special). Anyway, it 100% looks trimmed. There is no doubt. BGS sucks ass. I have no pity that that card lost substantial value as a result of good, honest reporting.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:32 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Saw this comment posted in another tread, and thought is was appropriate to add it to Corey's thoughts...

Having Beckett re-review the card is like consulting the doctor who committed malpractice for a second opinion. Common sense alone dictates that you take the card to someone else.

Talk about a conflict of interest. This is criminal.
its just a battle of the experts. I think if they said 'yeah 40 of the cards we missed by mistake but we are right about this 1 card' that would be a tough road. Who knows what the argument will ultimately be. I wonder if Beckett confirmed any past trimming or are they just used for their positive opinions.

But yeah i assume some 'trims' may not be easy to prove were trimmed.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-29-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 PM
Mel Quatt.lebaum

I think what will loose it for the compliment is the same excuse the TPGs always use: it’s just an”opinion,” everyone can have one.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Scott Russell

The truth can't be libelous...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-29-2020, 01:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
The truth can't be libelous...
I don't think so. If I am not mistaking the truth is the best defense.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Exactly. Of course being right and being willing to deal with it in court and all the associated expenses is another story. That's precisely why lawyers send scare letters. Apparently in this case, as in many, it worked.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-29-2020, 02:31 PM
Bill

Default Anyone else wondering ...

... if a certain swindler is high on drugs most of the time? I can't help but make certain behavioral connections to the biography of that sleazy Belfort dude in The Wolf Of Wallstreet.

Last edited by JunkyJoe; 05-01-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Ma.tt Lan.dry

Best part about that letter is the “investor” that deems the card is now worth half based on the thread at BO. The implication is that the discussion itself is what hurts the cards value as opposed to the alleged alteration.

Which of course is ridiculous, the investor obviously believes that the alteration occurred and that the card has an AUTH value, hence the 350k.

And FWIW, I don’t blame PWCC for playing this game where they send the cards back to the TPG. Card was graded in 2006. Lots of shenanigans with PWCC but this is clearly on the TPG.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The entire thing is totally absurd Truth is stranger than fiction.

https://youtu.be/sxAk3B_zS5k?t=84
Old 04-29-2020, 04:40 PM
DR
David R@tliff

You guys all obviously forgot

PICTURES AREN'T EVIDENCE!

also, it's apparently "...stemming from the publc message board statement...". PUBLC - got it.

Last edited by bounce; 04-29-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:51 PM
DR
David R@tliff

and one more thing - can you not just put that card next to another one from the set, ok another one of the lebrons for that matter, and figure out that it's short?

anyway...back to the beginning of the 20th century for me.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:25 PM

It is my understanding that the pwcc letter was not sent to blowout, but rather was provided to (one or more) investors in an effort to validate value and to disclose the situation.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 04-29-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:24 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Reminds me of the six phases of a big project:

1. Enthusiasm, "Hey, PSA is here to save the day" "Never get cheated"
2. Disillusionment, "Wait, those cards look strange, altered almost"
3. Panic, hysteria and overtime, "Oh crap, I've got high grade PSAs in my collection"
4. Hunt for the guilty, BODA hard at work, unearthing evidence
5. Punishment of the innocent, "PWCC: Here's a letter from my lawyer, stop looking for dirt"
6. Reward for the uninvolved. We'll see.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 04-29-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:50 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
It is my understanding that the pwcc letter was not sent to blowout, but rather was provided to (one or more) investors in an effort to validate value and to disclose the situation.
Almost sounds like they're trying to assess damages to Blowout or the posters.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:51 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
Almost sounds like they're trying to assess damages to Blowout or the posters.
Ah, the old “the truth is not the problem, but rather the person pointing out said truth” defense. Wonder where I’ve seen that before.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:13 AM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

Looks like the card owner contacted Brent with concerns, Brent suggested the card go back to Beckett, Beckett confirmed grade, Brent then writes a letter saying he believes the card has lost half if it's value due to Blowout (not specifically named) and now the owner wants talks about the card's alterations to stop. Brent didn't have to put anything about value in the letter, all he had to do was say the card checked out, but instead he wants his customer to put heat onto the message board. Unprofessional and petty.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Exactly. Of course being right and being willing to deal with it in court and all the associated expenses is another story. That's precisely why lawyers send scare letters. Apparently in this case, as in many, it worked.
One of the bigger scum bags in the hobby is always threatening with his lawyer when called out for his super shady dealings. Seems to work pretty good for him.