NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Default Goldin Auctions Lot 269

Lot 269 most likely an early 50's jacket Philadelphia Athletics.
Not KC

Mi.ke Lam.one

Last edited by Leon; 01-30-2014 at 08:22 AM. Reason: name added per rules
Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Lot 269 most likely an early 50's jacket Philadelphia Athletics.
Not KC

Mi.ke Lam.one
Hello all. I have been waiting to reach my consignor as I wanted to post personal information and did not wish to do so without his permission (which I now have)
While Goldin Auctions would be thrilled if it was a Phila A's jacket as opposed to a KC A's jacket (Philly is worth more), please be assured it is indeed a KC A's jacket. We not only know this from the inspection of the jacket, but based on the source. The consignor of the jacket is "highly involved with" the Kansas City Baseball Historical Society (whose purpose is Kansas City Baseball, Not Philadelphia baseball).
Our auction ends a week from tomorrow and we appreciate all your bids!
http://goldinauctions.com/catalog.aspx
Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
Hello all. I have been waiting to reach my consignor as I wanted to post personal information and did not wish to do so without his permission (which I now have)
While Goldin Auctions would be thrilled if it was a Phila A's jacket as opposed to a KC A's jacket (Philly is worth more), please be assured it is indeed a KC A's jacket. We not only know this from the inspection of the jacket, but based on the source. The consignor of the jacket is "highly involved with" the Kansas City Baseball Historical Society (whose purpose is Kansas City Baseball, Not Philadelphia baseball).
Our auction ends a week from tomorrow and we appreciate all your bids!
http://goldinauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Thanks for checking into it Ken. No one can say you don't follow up on situations or potential ones. Good luck in the auction. You just need some more rare, pre-war baseball cards.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:15 AM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for checking into it Ken. No one can say you don't follow up on situations or potential ones. Good luck in the auction. You just need some more rare, pre-war baseball cards.
I keep looking for that "pre war card oak tree" but am having difficulty finding it!
Perhaps some net 54 members can help me out for future auctions!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Ken you do a great job of getting back to the collecting community and getting things right!

I reached out to Rich, owner of Grey Flannel. There are some issues with some of the rings in his latest auction, yet, after leaving phone messages and emails, he does not get back to me.

The one time we spoke recently, I got him to update one of the ring descriptions, although I disagree with his decision to leave the ring in the auction. After that conversation, I found other issues with other rings but he won't respond to me. I feel bad for the people that bid at action houses where it's more important to move product than get the facts right.

Ken - Keep up the great work!

Last edited by sports-rings; 02-01-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:07 AM

Default Jacket

If it is a KC jacket the letter A is a replacement and it is a Philadelphia A and
the KC A is different. The KC jackets had an elephant on front. It is easy to tell the difference between a KC A and a Philadelphia A
Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
If it is a KC jacket the letter A is a replacement and it is a Philadelphia A and
the KC A is different. The KC jackets had an elephant on front. It is easy to tell the difference between a KC A and a Philadelphia A
Really?? Are you sure?
ALL of them had the elephant ?
Perhaps you are familiar with 1950 s jackets and not 1960s
We had this jacket inspected and, as stated, it is consigned to us by the Kansas City baseball historical society. Thy are " quite sure" it is a kc a's jacket

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.c...entoryid=29483

http://oct09.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...l?itemid=14006
Old 02-02-2014, 10:57 AM

I was wrong. I now believe it to be a Kansas City jacket
Sorry for the confusion
Old 02-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Belltown Vintage

It's great to see a disagreement get resolved without anyone getting the virtual shite beat out of them

Scott <=== hoping to eventually see a bloodless internet