NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
+1000
I don't know what Mr Atkatz said but if packs is upset about it, I am sure it is the usual Atkatz remark.
Ahhh... Dick has to chime right in. Even when he (self-admittedly) doesn't know WTF he's talking about!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:59 PM

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but I hope you realize that people get annoyed when you post these kinds of things. I'm sure you don't care but the board is for everyone.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I might as well chime in, too. David, are you adding ANYTHING to this thread?

Please don't comment on any contributions (or lack thereof) of anyone else.
Please don't complain about certain people calling you Mr. Atkaz.

Just answer me this: are you adding anything to this, or are you just trying to be a pain in the ass?

Ken
Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Trying!?

(Not to this thread, no.)

Last edited by David Atkatz; 08-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but I hope you realize that people get annoyed when you post these kinds of things. I'm sure you don't care but the board is for everyone.
What kind of things? You all have the right to comment and/or criticise my "moderator" comment--you read it. But to say "I don't know what he wrote, but I'm sure he's full of shit." is OK?

And it's great to learn about the hobby. But do you really need to be told (over, and over, and over...) to stay away from anything Drew Max authenticated?

Last edited by David Atkatz; 08-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:15 PM

No but I would like to learn about how to spot a fabricated baseball. I'd also like to find out who on the board is the best source to seek when I'm looking for information on vintage baseballs. Two things I learned in this thread without you picking a fight with someone over nothing.

You pushed the buttons in this thread. No one else.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM

You're right. Which is why I haven't tried to defend myself. You read my post, you thought it was uncalled for, and I have no argument with that.

But if you haven't read it, don't comment about it. (Come to think of it, that's pretty sound advice in general.)
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Are you that atttention-starved that you have nothing better to do than come on here and be a jerk?? Do you have a quota of how many threads you can derail? You can't find anywhere to put your intelligence and computer skills to work in a positive endeavor?

No offense, but I think you need to add "pathetic" under "arrogant" "boorish" "bully" and "angry" on your resume.

I've tried to see your side before, I try to be understanding of people who don't think like I do. But now, just chalk me up as one more who wishes you'd just go away. (And don't think I don't know that brings a smile to your needy face.)

Ken
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
You're right. Which is why I haven't tried to defend myself. You read my post, you thought it was uncalled for, and I have no argument with that.

But if you haven't read it, don't comment about it. (Come to think of it, that's pretty sound advice in general.)
If you're sick of reading about Drew Max, then why are you reading this thread?

Are you here just to start trouble? Are you here to antagonize? Or are you here just for the attention?

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-09-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Why would any of you waste your time with a very sick man. He needs help and just wont listen to anyone. Like I said in my last post regarding him. Mean vicious , abusive and a total manic etc.
.Just to make sure my good PhD this is being said by a felon. So if you have anything else left to say in your sick sadistic life, please call me Mr. Felon.

Last edited by shelly; 08-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I will say this for Drew. When I sent him some of the Marino's pieces he hit fifty percent vs The Donald's 100%
So to whom did you send the 50% that Drew rejected? (I'm sure you weren't about to throw away half your profit.)
Old 08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Why would any of you waste your time with a very sick man. He needs help and just wont listen to anyone. Like I said in my last post regarding him. Mean vicious , abusive and a total manic etc.
.Just to make sure my good PhD this is being said by a felon. So if you have anything else left to say in your sick sadistic life, please call me Mr. Felon.
I think we should refer to him as the Nutty Professor!!!
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 08-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
So to whom did you send the 50% that Drew rejected? (I'm sure you weren't about to throw away half your profit.)
I'm sure you know this already, but Shelly didn't send them to Drew to get certs to sell. He was testing his ability to spot known fakes.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
I think we should refer to him as the Nutty Professor!!!
+1

So Mr. David Atkatz, Mr. Eddie Murphy and Mr. Jerry Lewis have something in common .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-10-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
So Mr. David Atkatz, Mr. Eddie Murphy and Mr. Jerry Lewis have something in common .
Thanks, Richard! That's pretty august company!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I'm sure you know this already, but Shelly didn't send them to Drew to get certs to sell. He was testing his ability to spot known fakes.
Wasn't that what he told the FBI when they caught him?

Seriously, though, sometimes I confuse the times Shelly was ripping off collectors and the times he was protecting them.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Wasn't that what he told the FBI when they caught him?

Seriously, though, sometimes I confuse the times Shelly was ripping off collectors and the times he was protecting them.
What might help your confusion is this: every time he posts something, post right after him "Felon! Felon!"

I think this will help.

Ken
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

David,
I have no idea why you have such an interest in me. I am not one of the students that feel that you don't even deserve the title of PhD. I do know that you have no idea what was said to the FBI by me or anyone else.The other thing you might not know about me is that I am not a sick and deranged person like yourself
It is hard to deal with someone that is mad at the world and the only way to get attention is to insult anyone that you feel is vulnerable. I will repeat this for the last time I am and always will be a felon. You on the other hand will always be just a tiny sick man who has little life. I would never like bring up anyone's family but I would love to know how they can stand you.
It is obvious that at least some of your students could not. Here are six of the quotes from some of the students taken right off the rating website:

"The most common phrase that Atkatz (notice he does not use the Dr. word either) uses during this class is "How do I say this?" because he is unable to explain anything. He is not prepared and cannot hide it. (sounds like a guy who bought a bogus 1927 ball because he was not prepared). He is not helpful in any way, makes many mistakes in class, and confuses all students. Do not take this class unless you are prepared to teach yourself."
--
"Terrible teacher, makes fun of students who ask legitimate questions. Arrogant. Uncaring advisor, acts like you're wasting his time. I expected to be a physics major. After this instructor, I changed my mind." (that arrogant and uncaring part sure sounds like it could have come from a Net54 user).
--
"worst teacher i've ever had. avoid at all costs, you won't learn a thing. i had my friend go into class for me wearing my clothes, went withough a hitch."
--
"worst teacher i can remember, dating back to kindergarten."
--
"Stay away."
--
"One of the worst classes I ever took in my yrs at skidmore. He sucks big time."
--
9 out of 12 rated Mr Atkatz as poor. And this from a student body that only gave 6 or 7 ratings to most teachers. His overall score was 1.8 out of 5.
That my dear man is worse than Drew Max.
--

Last edited by shelly; 08-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM

I never cheated anyone. I never ratted on my partners.

And I never did time.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I would never like bring up anyone's family but I would love to know how they can stand you.
LOL! "I would never bring up anyone's family... but I'll just do it now."

Shelly, I don't give a good goddamn what you say about me. If you get your jollies posting six quotes from seventeen-year-olds I gave poor grades to, go right ahead. As Bob Dylan said, "Call me any name you like. I will never deny it."

But don't ever mention my family again.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
What might help your confusion is this: every time he posts something, post right after him "Felon! Felon!"

I think this will help.

Ken
If by "every time" you mean "once," OK.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 PM

Default JimStinson

I have a REALLY good idea ! having watched some of the posts on this board and having been a professional boxing judge. Let me propose the following , I will promote and manage either party and we can engage in either a "cage match" or "Marquis de Queensbury" rules contest ....."PLEASE NO WAGERING" but all proceeds will be given to Leon to continue the Forum. Its for a good cause and may the best man win....lets have a clean break ! Men ! fight
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

David,
Please do not threaten me. You have come on this site and have not stopped insulting me from day one and I will not stop doing what ever is necessary to end your insults.
Now answer this.
Would you be so kind to please inform this thread where you have any info that I ratted anyone out. I was arrested with 26 other people and the first thing out of the FBI's mouth was "Wayne Brey is our informant". If you have any additional info please share it or shut your mouth.
I didn't realize that people that went to college no matter what age there are not entitled to voice their opinion be it good or bad. I on the one hand am old enough to know some one that is sick and really needs help.
And why say that those students who wrote about you are a bunch of 17 year olds? Was that all you taught? If that was all you taught (freshmen) there must have been a good reason. The comments on that site are anonymous, you don't know if they were 17 year old freshmen or 22 year old seniors. If you taught first semester students then the school must have not had much faith in your PhD.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Where did I threaten you? I told you to never mention my family again.
A threat is when you're told what will happen if you do. Did I ever say anything about consequences?

How do I know you're a rat? Operation Bullpen, page 209. I quote:

"Shelly was so convinced Wayne was wearing [a wire] that he began speaking past him and directly to the FBI as if there were federal agents listening on the other end. 'Come talk to me,' he said. 'You got me. Now let's get some of the big guys...'"

I invite everyone to read the book. It wasn't thirty seconds after you knew you were caught that you were offering to spill your guts.

Pathetic.

And the fact that you brought up my family just shows what a true POS you are. Nothing more needs to be said.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 08-10-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Who are big guys that i ratted out? Please name them.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Don't need to. You showed your true colors. (And you showed them again by bringing up family.)

I'm done with you.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Thank God.