NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Hauls of Shame Update:

UPDATE (May 1): Experts Uncover More Ruth Fakes in Heritage and REA Auctions; Feds Building Cases Against PSA, Joe Orlando, Steve Grad, Jimmy Spence and Auctioneers

REA and Rob Lifson just withdrew ten autographed lots that Haulsofshame.com and other experts called out as fakes and the auctioneer’s disingenuous explanation that the withdrawal was at the request of its consignor is being widely ridiculed by collectors and dealers throughout the hobby. REA, however, has not removed the alleged photo signed by Babe Ruth to Gary Cooper despite expert Ron Keurajian calling it a fake and Gary Cooper’s own daughter confirming that the photo was never in the possession of her family or the “Cooper Collection” the family archive she curates. Sources indicate that Lifson does not believe that Cooper’s daughter Marie Cooper-Janis confirmed this information for Haulsofshame.com.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=19877#more-19877
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
De.an Lai.gle

All I will say is that I asked Rob to withdraw the photos for personal reasons. Nothing more and nothing less. It has nothing to do with possession rights or authenticity as I still stand that they are legit and am still taking on ANY and ALL that feel they can authenticate these.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Jetsicks.
For a guy who has no idea about this hobbyi you go on hauls of shame and talk about operation foul ball. You did not mention one of the main reasons for the items being taken down. That once he talked with you mother the ages changed and the story changed. I also understand that a promise was broken. That might be a good reason to be mad but not to throw away money. If you mother does not want you to sell them. Please explain why your up here.
I have one more question. Did you mother get the photos from the guy in Boston or Indiana. If she was such a good friend of his why do you not know his name. She was the one who placed him in the retirement home. She was the one he called when he was dying I am 73 years old and I know I would remember someone like that.With that kind of information it would not be hard to find out who the mystery man was.
Posted so the people on here can read what you said.

After all the opinions about them, that has been put out there,I doubt very seriously that REA would want to put them back in their auction,cause they are in a world of deep shit over other forged items they have had in their auctions.After all is said and done,You are not going to find a person who is willing to put his or her reputation on the line,for something that many have said are no good.Just remember Operation Foul Ball ,is still in operation and they are nailing them left and right and if you are up on collecting, you know what I mean.

Last edited by shelly; 05-01-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM
De.an Lai.gle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Jetsicks.
For a guy who has no idea about this hobbyi you go on hauls of shame and talk about operation foul ball. You did not mention one of the main reasons for the items being taken down. That once he talked with you mother the ages changed and the story changed. I also understand that a promise was broken. That might be a good reason to be mad but not to throw away money. If you mother does not want you to sell them. Please explain why your up here.
I have one more question. Did you mother get the photos from the guy in Boston or Indiana. If she was such a good friend of his why do you not know his name. She was the one who placed him in the retirement home. She was the one he called when he was dying I am 73 years old and I know I would remember someone like that.With that kind of information it would not be hard to find out who the mystery man was.
Posted so the people on here can read what you said.

After all the opinions about them, that has been put out there,I doubt very seriously that REA would want to put them back in their auction,cause they are in a world of deep shit over other forged items they have had in their auctions.After all is said and done,You are not going to find a person who is willing to put his or her reputation on the line,for something that many have said are no good.Just remember Operation Foul Ball ,is still in operation and they are nailing them left and right and if you are up on collecting, you know what I mean.
Here it is Shelly. I appreciate all the good words of encouragement from some of the forum members here. My mother always told me that there is nothing you can do about stupid.

To clarify something for you Shelly, my mother's story was different but not by a lot because she has a medical condition which causes he memory to be lost. That was one of my issues I had with Rob. After I talked to my mother she didn't even remember much about it. It is a personal matter and it has nothing to do with the authenticity or LOP. What was told to me years and years ago was what I wrote in the LOP. Plain and simple.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsticks View Post
My mother always told me that there is nothing you can do about stupid.
Did that console you?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Hauls of Shame Update:
... is being widely ridiculed by collectors and dealers throughout the hobby.
Peter Nash - yeah, he's never twisted anything to make a point :roll eyes:

Let's interpret Nash's statement:

"collectors" = 2 guys in Indiana, one of whom claims he is not a collector, and the other who hasn't had much to say in the forums other than to bring up fakes that he thought were real.

"throughout the hobby" = Net54, where Nash generally swipes most of his information, then manipulates it.

Okay, James, now I'll put you on ignore where you belong. You and Dean can continue your tap-dance alone.

Last edited by Runscott; 05-01-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Peter Nash - yeah, he's never twisted anything to make a point :roll eyes:

Let's interpret Nash's statement:

"collectors" = 2 guys in Indiana, one of whom claims he is not a collector, and the other who hasn't had much to say in the forums other than to bring up fakes that he thought were real.

"throughout the hobby" = Net54, where Nash generally swipes most of his information, then manipulates it.

Okay, James, now I'll put you on ignore where you belong. You and Dean can continue your tap-dance alone.
Scott,

What in the world are you talking about? I've been here for over 3 years..what's my tap dance?

Is this supposed to be me? other who hasn't had much to say in the forums other than to bring up fakes that he thought were real.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Originally Posted by jgmp123
Hauls of Shame Update:
...Would you be so kind as to list a few names other than auction houses.

Last edited by shelly; 05-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
nothing
Hey, your post says as much as James' !

but that's only an assumption....

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Scott,

I guess I can't see what I did to offend you? but, I will say this....Man...It's too bad Scott Forrest won't be able to read my posts anymore. My 31 year old heart is officially broken.

Scott,

Do you notice a trend? Since you have showed up on the Autograph side you have picked fights with just about everyone here...I would appreciate it if you could please explain to me what I did to offend you...

Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

I actually don't get it either...I figured I must have missed a post/thread along the line.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM
De.an Lai.gle

Shelly,

My reasons are personal. They have to do with my ailing mother and my family. That is all I am going to say about this. You can be as negative as you want but you don't offer solutions. If there is a reputable authenticator out there then why wouldn't he want to put his reputation on the table? I think that would be a big plus for him and his reputation. I am not selling these for my profit, they are going for a good cause. I will keep none of the money, that is why I have no qualms about pulling them off REA and I have no qualms about letting someone try and prove they are fake. Could you be the one who was bidding on these and thought the price was going to high so you started this rumor? Sour grapes? Don't be a hater Shelly.

Last edited by jetsticks; 05-01-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Hauls of Shame Update:
AHHH I GET IT NOW...I SEE WHAT SCOTT WAS REFERRING TO...

Shelly,

I didn't say that, it was a copy/paste from the Hauls of Shame Website. If you look at the full post I made you will see that it was copied directly from Hauls of Shame. Which is why I included the link.

Citations 101 my good friend. Here is the foll line again for your reading...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (69.0 KB, 137 views)

Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
AHHH I GET IT NOW...I SEE WHAT SCOTT WAS REFERRING TO...

Shelly,

I didn't say that, it was a copy/paste from the Hauls of Shame Website. If you look at the full post I made you will see that it was copied directly from Hauls of Shame. Which is why I included the link.

Citations 101 my good friend. Here is the foll line again for your reading...
Read it again. They are talking about REA not HOS.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Read it again. They are talking about REA not HOS.
Shelly,

You're missing my point...You asked me to name the collectors...I can't answer that because I didn't write it....Nash did. ALL I DID WAS COPIED/PASTED FROM THE WEBSITE.

LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT. I know you know what the copy/paste feature is on the computer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (69.0 KB, 135 views)

Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM
qu@n nguy3n

nash makes ridiculous assumptions and make huge leaps in his articles, plus he's got an axe to grind with REA...so it cheapens his message ALOT to me even if he's correct.

and it's true, when he says the "hobby" thinks 50% of tpa'd ruths are fake, he means n54. when he says "dealers and experts" agree the ruth is a bad forgery he probably means his uncle and nephew in new jersey.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Hauls of Shame Update:
You only listed part of the quote. It is the decision of REA that is being ridiculed