NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 06-11-2018, 08:17 AM

Default 1989 Topps Book

I was looking at a book case this past weekend and found a bunch of 1989 Topps baseball cards books. I had forgotten that I had purchased these many years ago . These came out a couple years after the Surf giveaway books.

I am missing three teams: 1) Braves, 2) Pirates and Phillies.

I search for these last night and I could not find the Braves book. The Pirates and Phillies books cost at least $ 50 each.

To much money for me . I am curious and why the Braves book can not be found and the other cost so much. Is it anything more than supply and demand ?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 AM

I think they are actually 1987 books--is this the Braves book you are looking for?:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BASEBALL-CA...4AAOSwXYtYyVu7
Old 06-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Rich Klein

I think they did the Surf books a couple of different years. I used to have a collection of them and had 2 different editions for some teams
Old 06-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Thanks

My understanding is Topps did Surf books for two years ( 87 and 88). Both of these have the Surf banner on them . One year the banner is on the top and the other year on the bottom. I do think these books had any Canadian Teams

1989 Topps did their own books for all teams. The is no mention of Surf.

The 1989 editions are the ones I am looking for .

T
Old 10-13-2018, 03:55 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I loved those books.

If memory serves me right, I remember back in the day SCD ran a letter from a fan who was not allowed to get one of those books. Most teams gave them to all fans but some only gave them to kids, and that was the case with this guy. He explained that he was a collector and asked if he could have one, and not only was he turned down but they were rude and said he just wanted to go to the game to drink beer! The poor soul wrote about having to sit through the game watching kids tear the books apart and make paper airplanes from the pages.