NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-01-2017, 12:30 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,196
Default

I have to check value.....and crossovers aren't permitted here. In order for it to go, you'd have to "crack it out". That's a whole 'nother ball of wax....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-01-2017, 12:39 PM
7nohitter's Avatar
7nohitter 7nohitter is offline
Member
And.rew Mil.ler
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I have to check value.....and crossovers aren't permitted here. In order for it to go, you'd have to "crack it out". That's a whole 'nother ball of wax....
Roger that. Thank you.
I usually crack all my cards out, so I'm adept at that at least!
__________________
Working on the 1957 Topps set.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-01-2017, 03:04 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,741
Default

Hey, Bobby, a couple of questions for you:

1. What is the cut-off date to be included in this?
2. You said shipping is $1. That's to get the cards from you to PSA, correct? What about the return shipping to get the graded cards from your hands back into ours?
3. This always comes up, but when there is a $100 limit, how in heck is that determined? What is the basis for it? For instance, I have a few variations that I would like to get graded, but how do I determine what their 'value' is, especially if you can't find any sort of sales history? Could people PM you a list of cards they are going to include, so you can decide if they fit the parameters of this project?

Thank you.

--elm
__________________
Check out my bucket(s). Virtually everything is available for trade:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.
- Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2017, 03:15 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Hey, Bobby, a couple of questions for you:

1. What is the cut-off date to be included in this?
2. You said shipping is $1. That's to get the cards from you to PSA, correct? What about the return shipping to get the graded cards from your hands back into ours?
3. This always comes up, but when there is a $100 limit, how in heck is that determined? What is the basis for it? For instance, I have a few variations that I would like to get graded, but how do I determine what their 'value' is, especially if you can't find any sort of sales history? Could people PM you a list of cards they are going to include, so you can decide if they fit the parameters of this project?

Thank you.

--elm
The $1 per card is for shipping from NC to California, and from California back to NC. You are responsible for individual shipping back to yourself, once they come back, but it is a fair shipping value, as I don't gouge at all like PSA does. I ship using actual cost (or as close to it as I can....I may charge .25 for packing peanuts or something, but when I tell people a total, that is pretty much what it cost to ship the package. - You can ask others who have submitted thru me - I don't gouge). I weigh the packages on my scale, and if it is below 16 ounces, it can go first class. Over 16 has to go Priority Mail. As far as determining values, I am a VCP member. I don't mind helping on a few, but don't have me looking up a whole bunch. We all know pretty much which cards are above and below $100. PSA is pretty lenient, but they don't want to see Hank Aaron/Mickey Mantle rookies on a bulk sub. Ebay complete listings should also give a good idea of value as well.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 08-01-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
The $1 per card is for shipping from NC to California, and from California back to NC. You are responsible for individual shipping back to yourself, once they come back, but it is a fair shipping value, as I don't gouge at all like PSA does. I ship using actual cost (or as close to it as I can....I may charge .25 for packing peanuts or something, but when I tell people a total, that is pretty much what it cost to ship the package. - You can ask others who have submitted thru me - I don't gouge). I weigh the packages on my scale, and if it is below 16 ounces, it can go first class. Over 16 has to go Priority Mail. As far as determining values, I am a VCP member. I don't mind helping on a few, but don't have me looking up a whole bunch. We all know pretty much which cards are above and below $100. PSA is pretty lenient, but they don't want to see Hank Aaron/Mickey Mantle rookies on a bulk sub. Ebay complete listings should also give a good idea of value as well.
No, no, no. I was in no way suggesting you gouge or anything like that. That never even remotely entered my mind. I was simply looking for specifics, so people (me included) would have all the information spelled out for them here.

Thanks.
__________________
Check out my bucket(s). Virtually everything is available for trade:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.
- Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2017, 03:28 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
No, no, no. I was in no way suggesting you gouge or anything like that. That never even remotely entered my mind. I was simply looking for specifics, so people (me included) would have all the information spelled out for them here.

Thanks.

Oh ok....I thought you had subbed with me before?? Maybe I'm mistaken? I used to do these on the PSA boards, and they were very popular over there. But that board has lost a lot of good members (and some not so good ones), and is a shell of its' former self.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2017, 04:01 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Oh ok....I thought you had subbed with me before?? Maybe I'm mistaken? I used to do these on the PSA boards, and they were very popular over there. But that board has lost a lot of good members (and some not so good ones), and is a shell of its' former self.
No, I have never actually had any of my cards graded before, but I know I have to take the leap at some point. Do you have a deadline in mind for this undertaking?
__________________
Check out my bucket(s). Virtually everything is available for trade:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee404/JollyElm/
http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/elmjack44/library/

I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.
- Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,196
Default

I would LIKE them by August 21st, but unlike the monthly specials, there is technically no deadline for the Bulk special.....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-01-2017, 04:31 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 1,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
3. This always comes up, but when there is a $100 limit, how in heck is that determined? What is the basis for it? For instance, I have a few variations that I would like to get graded, but how do I determine what their 'value' is, especially if you can't find any sort of sales history?
PSA recommends you use the raw replacement value for the same card in the same raw condition. So even if you think your card may grade an 8 and be worth $300, you can submit it as a $75 value. They use it for determining return insurance and for being insured while in PSA's hands in case it is damaged. So if for some reason the card is lost or damaged in PSA's hands, they'll probably reimburse you the $75 or $99 you claimed, not the $300 a PSA 8 would be worth after it's graded.
On the last PSA bulk sub from blowout forums, a card was submitted as a $30 value for a 1977 football HOFer that ended up grading a 10. It might be worth $1000 now that it's the POP 1 PSA 10 (PSA 9s had an SMR of $250), but PSA let it fly through the shipment without being upgraded to a higher service level.

For the guy considering cracking a BGS 93 SP Jeter, PSA will be very tough on that card. It has to measure exactly 3.5"x2.5" or PSA will mail it back ungraded as MINSIZREQ. Then you have an ungraded Jeter RC you'll have to mail back to BGS with your tail between your legs.
__________________
--
Current Want to Buy/Trade for List:
1910 Murad College Series ("No. __" on front variations) #4,5,11,14,23
1930s Phoebe Phelps Caramel Pennant of Georgia Tech
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-01-2017, 06:16 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,196
Default

I have nothing to add to what Swarmee said....he is 100% right...on BOTH counts.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PSA Piggybacking robsbessette Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 16 01-18-2013 01:00 PM
PSA Piggybacking robsbessette Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) 0 01-06-2013 08:43 AM
PSA Special 50 Card $5 per piggybacking bobbyw8469 Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 8 03-05-2011 01:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


ebay GSB