NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Default What is the longest amount of time you have waited for a SGC cross-over?

Posted By: Matt Bojorquez

I received a phone call from SGC on Wed.(DEC. 27) saying they had received my card, a 1950 Bowman Ted Williams- PSA 9. They told me the grading fee would be $100, whether my card crossed or not; due to the value. I approved the charge to my credit card, today marks 4 weeks since its arrival and my card remains ungraded. One week ago I sent an email to their customer service manager, Michael Goldberg. I asked for a status of my submission, this email has gone unanswered. The following day I called their customer service and spoke with Bob. He said my card was definitely due and he would track it down and make sure it was graded. I still wait.

Matt Bojorquez

Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Default What is the longest amount of time you have waited for a SGC cross-over?

Posted By: leon

My only gripe with SGC is the amount of time taken to get stuff done...otherwise, their customer service and products are the best, imho. I hope you get your answer resolved asap... and let us know.....good luck

Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

I would continue to follow up with sgc by phone and would not hesitate to ask to speak with someone higher up in the organization.

I will also add that I have never had a complaint about the amount of time it has taken sgc to get my cards graded - with one exception, they have been on time every time (including two submissions in the past month). The one exception was due to their office closing down for a few days for on-site grading at a show.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce

I have had trouble in the past with emailing their customer service. Dont remember if I ever got any responses. However, as others have stated, a phone call will usually work with them.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Did SGC change their policy? The last I saw they did not offer cross over service on any cards valued more than $500.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...go around their policy in this regard in certain circumstances. Here, they approved it, but for a higher fee. I am surprised it has taken as long as it has. I've never had any problems with their timing -- usually the cards arrive on or even before schedule. But I suspect given the high value of the card in question that it had to jump through a few more procedural hurdles.

I am also surprised that Michael hasn't responded to your e-mail. He has been diligent in replying to my questions.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Michael is very good in customer service. My guess is that he is swamped. Whatever happened to Scott Hersch, he was a really nice guy too?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

Matt: SGC crossovers should not take that long ... I've sent in two crossover submissions, and both were back to me within a couple of weeks.

In my experience, SGC has always been very responsive and accomodating. If you haven't tried him yet, I would send Scott Hersh an email at: shersh@sgccard.com

Old 01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

wow crossing a psa 9, Ive always felt that dollar wise psa 9 do better then sgc equivalent. What is the reason for wanting to reslab such a high graded, valuable card? And did you only approve reslab if it grades equal or better?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Duh. Wrong thread.

Edited.

-Al

Old 01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...and has been replaced by Michael. I was told by Michael this past weekend that Scott was only there part time.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Bojorquez

I collect Ted Williams cards and I would like them all in SGC holders. If it costs me some money in resale down the road, then so be it. I did put a 96 down as the minimum cross-over grade. As far as crossing over a high dollar card as being the reason for this delay, I do not buy that. A few months ago I had a dealer cross a card for me that was worth twice the Williams, it went from a PSA 8 to a SGC 88 within a week.

Matt Bojorquez

Old 01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Scott Hersch was an asset!! Michael needs some friendly courses.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: James Gallo

Scott was good and I have not had a problem with Michael either. Michael has been very friendly and nice to me both on the phone and at the shows.

I have always gotten my SGC cards back either before or on the due date. Best service around IMO.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.