NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Default Dodger Ticket Assistance

Sorry Leon, I know this is in the wrong section but I wanted to post it here because I think this section has the most traffic thus the best chance that someone might be able to help me out.

If any Net54er’s are in the LA area and are going to Tuesday night’s Dodgers vs. Phillies game please let me know if I can get your ticket stub(s). One of my former players is scheduled to make his MLB debut tonight for the Dodgers and I can’t get down to LA in time for the game (limited last second flights are not cheap). If anyone can help me out please send me a PM. I would prefer season ticket stock for the ticket but will take what I can get.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This is a perfectly acceptable off topic. Our board is here primarily to help each other and help the hobby.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Barry Sloate

MacDice- when you say "one of your former players", what is your connection to him? I think there is a good story here.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Darn,
going tomorrow...guess your ex-player is the TBD pitcher for today...

Joshua
Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Barry Sloate

Somebody named Ely is scheduled to pitch tonight.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
MacDice- when you say "one of your former players", what is your connection to him? I think there is a good story here.
His name is Stephen Fife, I was one of his assistance coach's his freshman year at Everett (Washington) CC in 2006. He played for us for one season before transferring to the University of Utah where he was drafted by the Red Sox and then traded at the deadline last year to the Dodgers in the three way deal with the Mariners that included Eric Bedard. During his junior year, he caught the attention of MLB scouts after a strong performance in a game against SDSU where Strasburg (who was only a sophomore) had 23 strikeouts.

The Dodgers pulled him from his Triple-A start last night around 4:45 in the event that they needed him today but did not offically let him know until late last night that he was going to the show. We were texting a lot yesterday while he was waiting for the news. At the point that he was notified, I could not make the arrangements to make it to LA. The good thing is that his mom and his fiance just got to LA and I think that his dad is one his way as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
qu@n nguy3n

fife is already on the 40-man roster so he gets to pitch since the dodgers didn't want to shuffle players around to get ely up. might be fife's only shot if billingsley is not going to the dl.

edit: and billingsley is from defiance, oh...where the swamp find was found to get this thread board approved

Last edited by chaddurbin; 07-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Barry Sloate

Great story and I wish him luck tonight...although since I am a S.F. Giants fan perhaps not too much luck.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 PM

6.0 innings, one earned run in the first inning and left with a 2-1 lead. Will take it.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Barry Sloate

Yes, very nice debut last night. He pitched a beauty.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
qualitycards

Its a shame he didn't get a win. The Dodgers blew the 2-1 lead in the 8th inning and lost 3-2.
And he outpitched Roy Halladay though they both got a no decision.
Hopefully the Dodgers have enough faith in him to keep him in the rotation & keep him up in the bigs.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 AM
qu@n nguy3n

only 1 strike out in 6 innings is not good, he may've gotten a lil lucky but deserved to win.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
J@son M1ller

His curveball looked great.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
only 1 strike out in 6 innings is not good, he may've gotten a lil lucky but deserved to win.
Yep, and he allowed only one run, too.

If the kid averages one strikeout every six innings he pitches, and matches it with an average of one run for every six innings pitched for the rest of his career, you won't hear anybody complaining.

Doug
Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default And away he goes

I always find it humorous to see a kid come up, pitch a good game and then get sent back down to the minors right after the game. The Dodgers expect to make a trade for a starting pitcher before this spot in the rotation comes up again so Fife was sent back down to AAA right after the game. At least he got into the game. So far the Dodgers have called up two different pitchers and had them sit in the bullpen during their entire cup of coffee and never got them into a game.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:22 PM

I would like to give a special thanks to Net54'er "T206Collector", for helping me out on this one.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM
pariah1107

Congrats to Stephen Fife, and family. Nice outing. Great name for a western Washington pitcher. Probably would have ruled the headlines if he had played in the Puyallup valley. Also, nice job coaching him up MacDice. More outings like that and the young man has a long future in the majors.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Doug Goodman

Fife is going tonight in SF vs Matt Cain.

I wonder if any other pitcher has ever started their career with two starts against perfect game pitchers?

Doug
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Another strong performance. Should be 2-0 but the bullpen can't hold a lead for him