NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Default AUCTIONSTEALER.COM UPDATE !!!!

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Greetings all,

I tried to log on to my free sniping account on Auctionstealer.com tonight and received a 505 error message stating that the site is "unknown". As many of you have already read in a previous thread on this forum, Auctionstealer.com has been having a ton of problems lately. They apparently have been hacked at least once, which resulted in a major leak of personal ebay account info, there site is constantly going down and apparently they now cannot be reached by e-mail or phone. I have already switched to another sniping site and I would encourage anyone who reads this post to do the same. I tried to access Auctionstealer's website several ways, including through links on an AOL search -- I was unsuccesful. However, I did come upon a website auction forum that has several recent horror stories regarding Auctionstealer.com. I've included the link below. I hope everyone on the forum who has an account with Auctionstealer can walk away from this web disaster unscathed.

-- Adam

LINK:
http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4876&sid=6314832fef93006429759264eba36bc0

Old 06-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff

Hello,
I was able to log on to auction stealer today and cancel my account. Jeff

Old 06-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: julie

Does anyone have suggestions for another sniping operation?

Old 06-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

esnipe.com

They do charge per snipe -- but I am grandfathered in for all snipes under $25. Also, the costs seem to me to be negligible, given that I can just set up my esnipe account every few days and not have to log onto the computer all the time....

Old 06-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

The posters on the link above seem pretty out there, so I'd take what they (or he--seems the moderator was accusing the posters of being one person) say with a grain of salt.

In terms of cancelling Paypal, I have the premiere service; they won't let me cancel directly but instead tell me to go to paypal and cancel through it.

If you use paypal and auctionstealer, go to paypal IMMEDIATELY and change your password and security question. This should prevent any further access to your account by anyone who obtained your info from autionstealer. I'd also change your ebay password, which will lock out auctionstealer.

What a disaster. I'd been really happy with auctionstealer until they blew a bid for me about a week ago, and now all of this stuff.

Old 06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: julie

I just told auctionstealer i didn't want their serviuces anymore. My being unable to reach them on auction day cost me about $100. Am going to use auctionsniper until something bad happens.

I have had no other trouble, with ebay or any of the other things which use the same password. I may be foolish, but I'mn staying put with my password.