NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Robert Williams

Default How to handle this Ebay transaction that went south quick.

hey all..I got a buyer who after the auction ended said that I misrepresented the card. He didn't like the spider wrinkles on the back, even though I showed BOTH FRONT AND BACK SCANS that you were able to enlarge. I asked him not to pay after I opened the case to get my money back and give him a strike. So what does he do? PAYS FOR THE AUCTION!!! Then says for me to refund his money, and don't bother shipping the card of he is going to ship it back. I have all kinds of scenarios going on in my mind with how badly this can turn out. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Robert Williams

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202269000503

Here is a link to the auction....I'm not a newbie seller, but I don't think I should be charged a FVF nor shall I be allowed to receive a negative feedback since I didn't do anything wrong.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Scott Russell

if all messages were through ebay give them a call and ask them to look at the conversation. There's no way he should've paid if he was returning anyway.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Rob

The guy is obviously a tool. You said it was trimmed and in "good" condition and he's bothered by those wrinkles? Why wasn't he bothered before he bid? There's one in every crowd. You offer 14 day returns so not really much you can do but refund his payment. Isn't the FVF refunded if the buyer returns the item?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
The guy is obviously a tool. You said it was trimmed and in "good" condition and he's bothered by those wrinkles? Why wasn't he bothered before he bid? There's one in every crowd. You offer 14 day returns so not really much you can do but refund his payment. Isn't the FVF refunded if the buyer returns the item?
I have no idea. I'm scared to ship the item, because this is the kind of buyer who will keep the card and send me back a 1959 Don Mossi.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
if all messages were through ebay give them a call and ask them to look at the conversation. There's no way he should've paid if he was returning anyway.
This.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:45 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I have no idea. I'm scared to ship the item, because this is the kind of buyer who will keep the card and send me back a 1959 Don Mossi.
I don't understand the issue. He said he's going to return the card. Why not just cancel the transaction and refund? Or did I misread something?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM

Yeah why send the card at all?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I don't understand the issue. He said he's going to return the card. Why not just cancel the transaction and refund? Or did I misread something?
Once he pays, you can't cancel the transaction through Ebay. I can cancel through PayPal but I won't get my FVF back and he can still leave me a negative.

If there was a way to get my FVF back and not leave myself open for negative feedback, I'm all for that....but I don't think that is possible.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-05-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Seems I read a similar thread on this lately that ended up being a discussion about a potential scam. Bobby, has his payment cleared? If it's still listed as pending and you go ahead and refund him, he can cancel his payment and then you're out the amount he won the item for.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:00 PM
je.sse @rnot

I see, it seems the earlier suggestion to call Ebay and explain the situation seems to be your best option. That or email the customer and ask him why he paid if he doesn't want the card.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Seems I read a similar thread on this lately that ended up being a discussion about a potential scam. Bobby, has his payment cleared? If it's still listed as pending and you go ahead and refund him, he can cancel his payment and then you're out the amount he won the item for.
His payment has cleared.....it's showing in my PayPal account...
Old 04-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Tony

You can cancel through ebay; and he'll get auto refunded and you will get FV fee's back. cancel transaction saying their is problem with address. At that point he can only leave a positive. A similar thing happened to me about a month ago. I cancelled and decided not to send for same reasons you said. Although I thought I'd get a 2006 common in return for a 64 Mays.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 04-05-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Robert Williams

Look at his BUYERS NOTE in the sales record....his screen showin his payment....DO NOT SHIP CARD....am I opening myself up for some kind of scam?
Old 04-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Tony

see my post above; go into my ebay to cancel
Old 04-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
see my post above; go into my ebay to cancel
Ebay won't let me cancel because I opened up the case against him....
Old 04-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Tony

Quote:
Ebay won't let me cancel because I opened up the case against him....
Oh, I would call them than and show the pic and message history.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Robert Williams

jbvegas10 if anyone wants to block.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Cha.rles He.nry

You have his money and the card. Let him deal with ebay to get his money back. When ebay sees the conversations you two had you get your final fee credit.
By the way your listings are really cool. I like the way you have the pictures of the card in the description as well
Old 04-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiedog View Post
You have his money and the card. Let him deal with ebay to get his money back. When ebay sees the conversations you two had you get your final fee credit.
By the way your listings are really cool. I like the way you have the pictures of the card in the description as well
Thank you!! I hooked up with Seller Sourcebook. They are a great listing tool. I got grandfathered in so I got a cheap price, but I don't think they are cheap anymore.

Ebay had me cancel thru PayPal, so the buyer got his money back, and are manually crediting me back the $8 FVF. They also made a notation that if the buyer leaves me negative or neutral that they will remove it (I'm not holding my breath on that one). They think the buyer did that to avoid the non paying bidder strike, which honestly, he should have gotten because my auction hid NOTHING. You saw you were getting a PSA reject in rough shape. I said it would be nothing more than a cheap placeholder.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:29 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
jbvegas10 if anyone wants to block.
I see he only has 41 bid retractions in the last 6 months. Fine upstanding buyer.
James
Old 04-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I see he only has 41 bid retractions in the last 6 months. Fine upstanding buyer.
James
Some people just have no ethics or shame.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Once he pays, you can't cancel the transaction through Ebay. I can cancel through PayPal but I won't get my FVF back and he can still leave me a negative.

If there was a way to get my FVF back and not leave myself open for negative feedback, I'm all for that....but I don't think that is possible.
Bobby, You can cancel after he pays - I just had the sme thing happen on 2 cards. I didnt ship - Cancelled the order - his money was refunded - my FV Fees were refunded - I blocked the buyer from bidding on any more of my stuff.....
Old 04-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Bobby -

Give him a phone call (you have his number in the transaction details) and say to him once he answers, "You and I need to talk" and ask him why he's pulling this stuff. And, if that doesn't work, call his wife and explain what he's doing.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Bobby -

Give him a phone call (you have his number in the transaction details) and say to him once he answers, "You and I need to talk" and ask him why he's pulling this stuff. And, if that doesn't work, call his wife and explain what he's doing.
I've already refunded and moved on.....I'm just guessing he has a case of buyer's remorse....I still have the card....although I hate dealing with crap like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Bobby, I have sold a total of zero cards on eBay so take this for what it is- cover your ass, do not ship the card, and do whatever you can to give his money back or at least available for refund. Your listing is VERY good, disclosing the fact that it came back from PSA trimmed, that it’s a filler card, and the scans can be enlarged. All your email correspondence puts you in a good light - he is telling you not to ship. Who cares if he leaves you a negative, you can respond that it was an eBay scam and you have blocked the buyer - as a buyer myself, that would be acceptable to me. Just cover your ass. You have the card, you have the emails and you don’t want his money- I agree with whoever said make it his problem.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Robert Williams

He has done this to another Ebay and saddled them with a negative. Since when did "buyer's remorse" warrant a negative? I think it would be prudent for everyone to block this tool.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Fred

The ebay listing was very much to the point (full disclosure). The scans were also very good and showed the back of the card VERY clearly. Sucks that you have to deal with this idiot.