NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Scott

Default Picasso looks GREAT!!! haha.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/220/pablo-...l-artwork.aspx

A Picasso never looked so good!! They can't even match pictures w the lot!!

In fact, the entire first page, maybe more, doesn't match w the photos/lots. What a bunch of clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, plus such horrible looking stuff. there is a ball signed, all by the same person it looks like, by Mantle, Appling, Jackie and others.

Last edited by GrayGhost; 05-26-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post

In fact, the entire first page, maybe more, doesn't match w the photos/lots. What a bunch of clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, plus such horrible looking stuff. there is a ball signed, all by the same person it looks like, by Mantle, Appling, Jackie and others.
Scott, I was looking at the first page, too. All messed up. The autographs on those lots are so bad that the people who buy that crap won't even notice the difference.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Scott, I was looking at the first page, too. All messed up. The autographs on those lots are so bad that the people who buy that crap won't even notice the difference.
Holy smokes, Scott, I think every listing is messed up. Too funny.

All brought to you by Lee Trythall and Scott Malack.

They are going to have re-list every auction. Do a search on anyone and you'll see that not one photo matches the item description.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM

Default Pablo Picasso art clearing house

Quote:

Hmm...Who would have ever guessed that Coaches Corner would be the preferred clearing house for all rare Pablo Picasso paintings?
Makes sense to me.....
Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Dave

Oh, their consignors are going to be sooooo angry!!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Dave

Probably just some mad evil genius plan to get bidders to pay more then $10 for a fake Derek Jeter autograph, by matching it up with a photo of a fake Charles Lindbergh autograph.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Probably just some mad evil genius plan to get bidders to pay more then $10 for a fake Derek Jeter autograph, by matching it up with a photo of a fake Charles Lindbergh autograph.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Scott S

Maybe they read these boards and realized there was a problem - NONE of the lots have pictures right now!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Maybe they read these boards and realized there was a problem - NONE of the lots have pictures right now!
That in of itself is probably GOOD for them, since people may bid more, if they don't see the crap.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Bob Pomilla

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really impressed with the "all sorts of great authenticity", it "comes with".
Old 05-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Richard Simon

And it is appraised at $119,000,,, geez.
Lee,,, I want three, let me know when they will be ready so I can pick them up.
Which of your nefarious consignors sends you the Picasso's?
Make sure that his initials are on this piece too as I want him to get some credit for his work.
And maybe an orange jumpsuit.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Christopher Williams

Default General George S. Patton Jr. Signed Letter

On May 26, 2011, I emailed the below Coach's Corner Auction (Lee Trythall and Scott Malack) to the grandson of General George S. Patton "authenticated" by Chris Morales, Forensic Investigator.

CC_Patton.jpg
Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
And it is appraised at $119,000,,, geez.
Lee,,, I want three, let me know when they will be ready so I can pick them up.
Which of your nefarious consignors sends you the Picasso's?
Make sure that his initials are on this piece too as I want him to get some credit for his work.
Maybe it was appraised by Ted Taylor.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Scott

Way to go Chris. Hopefully Gen Pattons GS will also see what junk the Roaches sell. It is just pitiful. Some of their stuff it seems to me that they do it as a slap in the face.

They say "Look, here is another HORRIBLE Mathewson signed ball, what are you going to do about it?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Coach's Corner Auctions Lee Trythall Scott Malack

Quote:
Way to go Chris. Hopefully Gen Pattons GS will also see what junk the Roaches sell. It is just pitiful. Some of their stuff it seems to me that they do it as a slap in the face.

They say "Look, here is another HORRIBLE Mathewson signed ball, what are you going to do about it?
Wow, another offering of a Christy Mathewson autographed baseball brought to you by Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) and, of course, "authenticated" by Forensic Investigator, Chris Morales.

CC-Christy.jpg
Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 AM

So the Dept. of Justice spends all this time and effort to shutdown
online poker, yet they let these idiots run free on the internet selling
their fake items to unsuspecting buyers. Amazing.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post

Considering we talk so much about CCSA and Morales, i can guarantee you they all read these boards and threads.

What i have always found funny though, is that for a "professional auction house" like Coaches Corner, that sells all these "great" pieces of memorabilia that are worth thousands upon thousands of dollars, they can't afford a decent digital camera to take nice clear pictures of their items. I also find it hilarious that they only post one picture of the item for auction and usually have this quick, 2 or 3 sentence description on the item.

Take this Picasso painting that is appraised at $119K, the auction states it has "all sorts of great authenticity added" but does not even list what type of "great authenticity" it even has.

How in gods green earth, these guys can get away with this crap for this many years now, i will never understand.

Last edited by Bilko G; 05-28-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
Considering we talk so much about CCSA and Morales, i can guarantee you they all read these boards and threads.

What i have always found funny though, is that for a "professional auction house" like Coaches Corner, that sells all these "great" pieces of memorabilia that are worth thousands upon thousands of dollars, they can't afford a decent digital camera to take nice clear pictures of their items. I also find it hilarious that they only post one picture of the item for auction and usually have this quick, 2 or 3 sentence description on the item.

Take this Picasso painting that is appraised at $119K, the auction states it has "all sorts of great authenticity added" but does not even list what type of "great authenticity" it even has.

How in gods green earth, these guys can get away with this crap for this many years now, i will never understand.
I hate to say it Bilko, but , being a Cynical person overall, I have some suspicions. To preface, I told the police in Manchester here about people potentially eating contaminated fish from a local pond here. Calls were also made to the CT Dept of Health and the CT DEP. Now, the police poo pooed it. Nothing to my knowledge has happened on the other end yet for warnings either.

My point in digressing a bit was that often Police. investigators and the like are generally apathetic to problems. This CC thing is a MAJOR problem for the greatest hobby and a huge industry IMO, esp at the levels of some of the items they "Sell as authentic".

I guess continuing to be a pain w the Attorney general or something is the only hope. Maybe they will get sick of people CONSTANTLY complaining and will do something to shut up the complaining parties, if nothing else.

Heck of a way to look at the world, and perhaps the Roache's deal too, but I really feel it could be the truth, at least in large part.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I hate to say it Bilko, but , being a Cynical person overall, I have some suspicions. To preface, I told the police in Manchester here about people potentially eating contaminated fish from a local pond here. Calls were also made to the CT Dept of Health and the CT DEP. Now, the police poo pooed it. Nothing to my knowledge has happened on the other end yet for warnings either.

My point in digressing a bit was that often Police. investigators and the like are generally apathetic to problems. This CC thing is a MAJOR problem for the greatest hobby and a huge industry IMO, esp at the levels of some of the items they "Sell as authentic".

I guess continuing to be a pain w the Attorney general or something is the only hope. Maybe they will get sick of people CONSTANTLY complaining and will do something to shut up the complaining parties, if nothing else.

Heck of a way to look at the world, and perhaps the Roache's deal too, but I really feel it could be the truth, at least in large part.
Well written, Scott and Bilko.

Yes, "they" all read these forums and threads. If you have to also understand that "they" have absolutely no conscience. They call themselves an "Auction House." One day.............