NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Marty

Default Season Pass - 69 Mets - Which pass would you choose?

Nice run of bad weather left me with some time to look through (too much!) stuff, and I found some old Mets items I had tucked away. One of them was this neat 1969 Mets season pass, which got me thinking. If you could wrangle a season pass and jump in Doc Brown's DeLorean to take advantage of it, which pass would you like to get to be able to watch a full single home season? As a Mets fan, this one would probably be tops on my list, but I was thinking maybe a 1947 Dodgers to watch history unfold would be right up there. Maybe a Yankees season pass to watch the Mantle/Maris home run race in 1961 would be fun. Maybe the 1927 Yankees? 1941 Yankees to see Joltin' Joe's streak, and a few visits from Teddy Ballgame on his way to a .400 season? Anybody want to weigh in with a choice, or have a nice picture of a cool season pass to share?

Happy collecting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCI01302019_0003.jpg (56.2 KB, 174 views)
Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 AM

I would probably go see one of the most significant games in baseball history the opening match of the 1869 Cincinnati red stockings
Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughlinfan View Post
Nice run of bad weather left me with some time to look through (too much!) stuff, and I found some old Mets items I had tucked away. One of them was this neat 1969 Mets season pass, which got me thinking. If you could wrangle a season pass and jump in Doc Brown's DeLorean to take advantage of it, which pass would you like to get to be able to watch a full single home season? As a Mets fan, this one would probably be tops on my list, but I was thinking maybe a 1947 Dodgers to watch history unfold would be right up there. Maybe a Yankees season pass to watch the Mantle/Maris home run race in 1961 would be fun. Maybe the 1927 Yankees? 1941 Yankees to see Joltin' Joe's streak, and a few visits from Teddy Ballgame on his way to a .400 season? Anybody want to weigh in with a choice, or have a nice picture of a cool season pass to share?

Happy collecting!
Neat Pass Marty Something interesting I see is that it says To all championship games. Maybe it was just a pass to those games as I have never seen a Mets season pass before.. Also if you google John Redican N.Y. looks to still be alive about 80 years old. Might be a great story there.... Enjoy it..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Mikeknapp

Easy call for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71buc-1971season_pass.jpg (76.4 KB, 91 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 02-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Marty

I never thought about a season like the 1869 Cincinnati season – I am guessing it would look very little like the baseball we know, but it would be pretty cool!

Hey Al, I thought the same when I first got it, that it was for the NLCS, but I believe it refers to all Mets home games that contribute to determining the National League championship, including regular season. I have seen other Mets passes from other years before the NLCS was established, and from years where they were nowhere CLOSE to a championship of any kind! There is a 1964 Mets season pass on the ‘bay now that has the same terms on it.

Hey Mike – very nice ’71 Pirates pass! If you went back in time for that, you could have not only seen an exciting championship season featuring a 36 year old Clemente hitting .341, but you could have seen me at my first major league game! After the game, I scurried about and collected a bunch of the large butter stained Pirate megaphones that they sold popcorn in at the stadium. Still have a stack of them sitting in my bedroom closet back at my parents’ house! Good memories!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:26 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Orioles- season pass

I only have a couple season passes in my collection. I missed out on a 1970 O’s season pass a few years back (still regret not going higher on that one). Anyway, I’d enjoy seeing the O’s ‘69 season as they were a great team and really should have won the Series; still sore from that one. As a side note I took all of my ‘70 Topps Mets cards and bent them in half, usually at the neck, back in the day. Just hated the Mets! Over the years I’ve learned to just dislike them vehemently.

So, if I had to pick a season it would likely be ‘66. First year for Frank and 1st WS for the AL Orioles; love it.

I don’t have the ‘71 season pass, but that would be a great year as well. Can’t beat four 20 game winners (the O’s should have won that Series as well ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 107F1359-7480-4F31-B97C-CB0FA14AF8C4.jpg (20.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 02-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Mikeknapp

Marty, cool story I may have a couple of those megaphones as well. I only got to watch that team on TV. I was 9 during the 1971 Series. I fell in love with baseball because of that team. They had a swagger and cool about them that I loved. They were so diverse and fun to watch. They were Soul Train, American Bandstand, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and Hee Haw all rolled together. In terms of diversity I believe they were a trailblazing team and reflective of baseball's future .

Mark my friend the right team won that series.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 02-12-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:54 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Mark my friend the right team won that series.
Mike,

Sure would have put a hampering on your user name and your collecting habits if the O’s could have pulled it out . It does forever start the link of the O’s vs Pirates (1971, 1979). I’d like to get at least another shot at the WS in my lifetime and might as well be against the Pirates.