NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 AM
D@le Irv*n

Default E-Bay purchase?

I recently bid on a low value 52 Topps card on E-Bay and actually won it last Friday. ($11.00)

When I was looking over it again, I noticed a "poor" comment beside the title/description that I didn't originally recall seeing? I assume the seller can edit their ad anytime they like? Not suggesting they did, I just don't recall seeing it?

Immediately after I won the card, I requested a pic/scan of the back of it, to which I received no reply? I sent another 3 messages and still no reply??

Yesterday, I finally received my invoice from E-Bay to pay for this card, which seemed late to me?
Anyways, I wrote the people again, for likely the 5th time requesting a back pic/scan, info about the card.
I finally received a reply today which stated: "If a back picture is a condition of you paying, you need to say that before you bid, not after"
The reply still didn't show/have a scan/pic of the back of the card.

I am looking for some advice here? Am I obligated to pay for this card simply because I won it even though, after ignored multiple requests for more info about it went unanswered?
The fact they finally replied today but still didn't provide a pic/scan of the back?

Being fairly new to all this E-Bay/bidding stuff, it's likely a rookie mistake and something I'll have to learn from, but, like I originally stated, after not seeing the "poor" comment in their title, 4-5 message requests going unanswered, still no pic/scan of the back when they finally answered, leads me to believe something shady, unprofessional is going on?

I would appreciate any info you guys can provide about this situation I am in.

Thanks

Last edited by irv; 03-16-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:52 AM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When I was looking over it again, I noticed a "poor" comment beside the title/description that I didn't originally recall seeing? I assume the seller can edit their ad anytime they like? Not suggesting they did, I just don't recall seeing it?
Once a bid is placed on the card, the seller CANNOT change anything about the listing. The only thing that they can do is append the description (which is obvious to see), but everything original will be there as it's locked by eBay when the user should go and try to make any edit. I think in this case, you must have missed the "Poor" comment.

Quote:
Immediately after I won the card, I requested a pic/scan of the back of it, to which I received no reply? I sent another 3 messages and still no reply??
Not uncommon, but not the best practice by sellers. If it's someone who doesnt frequently sell on eBay, they probably would only check the site once they know all their items have sold and even then, they aren't in a rush. Customer service obviously isn't their #1 concern.

Quote:
Yesterday, I finally received my invoice from E-Bay to pay for this card, which seemed late to me?
If I recall, this is actually the eBay default. Some users change their setting to send an invoice immediately, some after 1 day, and some even, say, a week.

Quote:
I finally received a reply today which stated: "If a back picture is a condition of you paying, you need to say that before you bid, not after"
The reply still didn't show/have a scan/pic of the back of the card.

I am looking for some advice here? Am I obligated to pay for this card simply because I won it even though, after ignored multiple requests for more info about it went unanswered?
The fact they finally replied today but still didn't provide a pic/scan of the back?
Yes, you are obligated to buy it. You bid on the item knowing that there wasnt a back scan. Just because there wasnt and you missed part of the overall description, and they were slow to respond to your messages (which they technically arent obligated to do), does not mean you aren't contractually obligated to complete the transaction by paying for it.

We've all done this before, myself included (multiple times).

Pay for the item and consider it a very cheap $11 lesson.

In the future, either ask for the back scan before bidding, or just know that you are taking a risk. Most users on this site either demand a back scan or just skip the auction entirely.

Hope this helps
Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 AM
Scott Ti3k

Do you have a link to the original listing? Who was the card of?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
Yes, you are obligated to buy it. You bid on the item knowing that there wasnt a back scan. Just because there wasnt and you missed part of the overall description, and they were slow to respond to your messages (which they technically arent obligated to do), does not mean you aren't contractually obligated to complete the transaction by paying for it.
+1.....As also mentioned, please consider it a lesson for yourself as something that you should do before bidding and not after. As a buyer, you are most definitely accountable for asking questions like this BEFORE the close of the auction, and NOT after the close. Please pay the seller ASAP to fulfill your obligation as, to this point, the seller has met his obligations.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Once a bid is placed on the card, the seller CANNOT change anything about the listing. The only thing that they can do is append the description (which is obvious to see), but everything original will be there as it's locked by eBay when the user should go and try to make any edit. I think in this case, you must have missed the "Poor" comment.

Not uncommon, but not the best practice by sellers. If it's someone who doesnt frequently sell on eBay, they probably would only check the site once they know all their items have sold and even then, they aren't in a rush. Customer service obviously isn't their #1 concern.

If I recall, this is actually the eBay default. Some users change their setting to send an invoice immediately, some after 1 day, and some even, say, a week.

In the future, either ask for the back scan before bidding, or just know that you are taking a risk. Most users on this site either demand a back scan or just skip the auction entirely.

Hope this helps
Great info, wilkiebay, and what I thought myself. I assume now, with the animosity between us, the card may come in not the condition I purchased it in or very well pkg'd?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Do you have a link to the original listing? Who was the card of?
Not going to post it as there is no need to air their name/business on a public forum, when after all, they didn't do anything wrong other than being tardy with my message requests.

Like Wilkiebaby stated, they are not obligated too, I bid on it without seeing a pic of the back and they likely didn't edit their post?

Lesson learned for me, and hopefully the back of the card isn't as bad as I am anticipating?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:18 AM
je.sse @rnot

I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to pay with the level of service you have been provided. Especially since he still refuses to send a back scan. But I agree with Wilkie. Pay the 11 bucks and move on. It's more likely the seller doesn't think a small transaction is worth the time to get you a back scan than he is hiding something on a card already described as poor.

If there is something on the back that should have been disclosed once you receive the card open a case.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Dave

As a seller, I would have acquiesced and just sent you a back scan.

Even if you missed part of the description, there's no reason to piss a customer off over an $11.00 card either.

The seller is escalating the animosity rather then providing service. Maybe they think they are going to lose a sale if they provide you with a back scan, maybe they just don't think it's worth their time, I don't know. I would rather my customer knew what they were getting ahead of time, rather then being surprised when it comes in the mail days later, and perhaps opens a case in response.

On the other hand, if I was the buyer I would just pay and consider it a cheap lesson, and an insight into not doing business with that seller again in the future.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default ?

Why did you wait for an invoice before paying for the card? You can pay immediately without waiting for an invoice. If I was the seller, I would be wondering why you haven't sent payment. I normally try to pay within seconds of buying a card. If I make multiple purchases from a seller, I will usually ask for a combined shipping invoice right away.

I don't think the seller is at fault at all. You didn't read the description properly and you bought the card without a back scan. Don't blame the seller.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 03-16-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
As a seller, I would have acquiesced and just sent you a back scan.

Even if you missed part of the description, there's no reason to piss a customer off over an $11.00 card either.

The seller is escalating the animosity rather then providing service. Maybe they think they are going to lose a sale if they provide you with a back scan, maybe they just don't think it's worth their time, I don't know. I would rather my customer knew what they were getting ahead of time, rather then being surprised when it comes in the mail days later, and perhaps opens a case in response.

On the other hand, if I was the buyer I would just pay and consider it a cheap lesson, and an insight into not doing business with that seller again in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Why did you wait for an invoice before paying for the card? You can pay immediately without waiting for an invoice. If I was the seller, I would be wondering why you haven't sent payment. I normally try to pay within seconds of buying a card. If I make multiple purchases from a seller, I will usually ask for a combined shipping invoice right away.

I don't think the seller is at fault at all. You didn't read the description properly and you bought the card without a back scan. Don't blame the seller.
I waited, as I previously stated, because I didn't recall seeing the "poor" description.

I have also noticed where some sellers ask one to wait before paying so as they can figure out shipping or whatever else?

I have only purchased a couple low end cards so far, and I have paid right away on those but this "poor" comment through me for a loop, and anytime I have written to my previous sellers, I usually get an answer right away.

BUT, like D.Bergin and pokerplyr80 mentioned, I was also confused why they didn't answer my 1st message, let alone my following 4 messages?

If they had of answered the first time I wouldn't have even written this post, as I knew, because I in fact won the card and am therefore obligated to pay for it, all they had to do was explain their ad hadn't been edited/altered to me, and it would have been over and payment would have been sent pronto.

I know this transaction is entirely my fault as I didn't pay enough attention, I got carried away with the bidding war, being a newb, etc, etc, etc, but of course they didn't know any of that and have likely come across this situation multiple times themselves in the past?

I take full responsibility but flags went up when they didn't reply the first time, let alone the 4 after.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Hope this helps
Irv,

Don't beat yourself up...you are doing the right thing and have acknowledged your mistake. I think Wilkie gave you good advice.

Also some sellers that don't sell on eBay full time probably have day jobs and generally can't respond to questions as quickly. I usually take this into account when purchasing or trying to communicate. The amount of items in their store and number of feedback ratings sometimes is an indication of this.

Best wishes,

Z
Old 03-16-2016, 03:31 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Irv,

Don't beat yourself up...you are doing the right thing and have acknowledged your mistake. I think Wilkie gave you good advice.

Also some sellers that don't sell on eBay full time probably have day jobs and generally can't respond to questions as quickly. I usually take this into account when purchasing or trying to communicate. The amount of items in their store and number of feedback ratings sometimes is an indication of this.

Best wishes,

Z
Thanks, Zach.

I did remit payment right after Wilkie's post just after 9am. I apologized to the sellers and told them they were exactly right, I should have asked prior, not after I won the card.

I have not received a reply nor anything else to say my card was shipped, but I guess I can understand that at this point.

Not saying these folks don't have a day job but they do own a store and have quite a bit of (although somewhat smaller than others) cards and memorabilia for sale.

Like I said, I have written this off as a lesson learned on my part and I have no animosity towards them as I take full responsibility for how this all came about.
(I've had a run of bad luck lately when it comes to cards however!)

Just hope my card comes undamaged and the back isn't what I am anticipating at this point?
Old 03-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Chris

I am sure it will be fine. At a bare minimum, for $11.00, you now have something you can carry with you as a reference if you go to shows, etc.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:55 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

This thread is like reading a book, but you find the last pages have been removed. LOL.

You gotta tell us, what card did you buy???

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:03 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I am sure it will be fine. At a bare minimum, for $11.00, you now have something you can carry with you as a reference if you go to shows, etc.
I hope so?

The $11 dollar card works out to over $14 American as does the shipping fee, so all toll, this ends up being a $32.00 dollar+ purchase for me. Not a lot of money, I know, but it's no longer an $11.00 dollar card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
This thread is like reading a book, but you find the last pages have been removed. LOL.

You gotta tell us, what card did you buy???
LOL. It was a 52 Topps low number card HOF'r.

Last edited by irv; 03-16-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Even a 52 lo number HOFer with some potential back damage isn't a bad price for $11. If it was a common then yes but not a HOFer, even a lower tier one.
Drew
Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
Even a 52 lo number HOFer with some potential back damage isn't a bad price for $11. If it was a common then yes but not a HOFer, even a lower tier one.
Drew
Big part of the reason why I bid on it. The front looks like a 2-3, maybe even a 4 so I thought it was worth a shot?

In all honesty, I was surprised I got it for that, but that's also assuming, on my part, that the back was good also?

Hopefully it is, but I still haven't heard anything back from them over 12 hrs later?

I will update when I hear something or receive my card.

Thanks everyone for the info/help. I really appreciate it!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:35 AM

Regarding the late invoice and the Global Shipping Program (if that was used by this seller). Does Ebay know what they are going to charge for shipping before the items get to their distribution center?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:56 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by roce4e52 View Post
Regarding the late invoice and the Global Shipping Program (if that was used by this seller). Does Ebay know what they are going to charge for shipping before the items get to their distribution center?
It wasn't Global they used, but rather USPS first Class.

I can't answer your other questions as I have no clue why some use one shipper and some another?

From what I have seen, even if 2 identical shipping companies are used, the prices are never the same.

Some would be based on their location of course but I have seen cheaper shipping from say Texas to Canada as I have from Ohio to Canada, and both are using the exact same shippers?

Aside from shipping, my card was sent out today. No reply, nothing, just an e-mail saying it was on the way.

Also, it was brought to my attention, the negative feedback this store has! I never once looked at it, just the "Top Seller" logo at the right of their ad.

Learning something new everyday I am!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:14 AM
Bob Davies

It's eleven dollars, or $32 Canadian.

I've spent more that $11 worth of time reading this thread...
Old 03-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Bill Gregory

It's likely every member on this forum has experienced something like this at one time or another, myself included. Just remember that your reputation is the most important thing you have in this community. I know there can be a lot to absorb, and the excitement of the find can be very tempting. Just remember that once you've submitted a bid, or have selected to buy it now, read that next page that comes up. If you proceed from that page, you have obligated yourself. You've given your word.

If, when you receive the card, it's not what you expected, then you might take action. Contact the seller, and if you are not satisfied with the response you get, you have the option to open a case.

Chalk this up to a learning experience, and next time, make sure you've read everything before committing.

Good luck!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:38 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
It's likely every member on this forum has experienced something like this at one time or another, myself included. Just remember that your reputation is the most important thing you have in this community. I know there can be a lot to absorb, and the excitement of the find can be very tempting. Just remember that once you've submitted a bid, or have selected to buy it now, read that next page that comes up. If you proceed from that page, you have obligated yourself. You've given your word.

If, when you receive the card, it's not what you expected, then you might take action. Contact the seller, and if you are not satisfied with the response you get, you have the option to open a case.

Chalk this up to a learning experience, and next time, make sure you've read everything before committing.

Good luck!
Thanks, Stache, great info. I am learning as I go, that is for sure!

My 2 biggest mistakes with this purchase are not taking my time and reviewing the whole ad thoroughly, especially their feedback, and being caught up in the excitement of bidding on a card in hopes of winning it.
There were 14 or more bids on it and because I am sticking with 52 Topps to add to my collection, it's a card I wanted, not just an everyday card I hoped to win for fun.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Bill Gregory

That's understandable. Just remember, though, unless it's a rare card, or something you really want in a condition that's exceptional, meaning there will be a lot of competition, there will always be another example of the same card at the same price, or close to it, soon. Patience is the one thing that will come with collecting more. '52 Topps cards will always have higher demand, as it's Topps' first full set, but I have to believe that there are still a lot of them out there. If you're not building a plus condition set, you're going to have a lot of sellers to choose from. Some of the high series cards will be more costly, but as you go, you'll learn what to expect, and what the cards will cost.

You'll be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing your '52 set come along. It's a classic! Myself, I'm concentrating on the T206 set, the '53 Bowman and '75 Topps. That will keep me plenty busy.

Cheers!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:29 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That's understandable. Just remember, though, unless it's a rare card, or something you really want in a condition that's exceptional, meaning there will be a lot of competition, there will always be another example of the same card at the same price, or close to it, soon. Patience is the one thing that will come with collecting more. '52 Topps cards will always have higher demand, as it's Topps' first full set, but I have to believe that there are still a lot of them out there. If you're not building a plus condition set, you're going to have a lot of sellers to choose from. Some of the high series cards will be more costly, but as you go, you'll learn what to expect, and what the cards will cost.

You'll be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing your '52 set come along. It's a classic! Myself, I'm concentrating on the T206 set, the '53 Bowman and '75 Topps. That will keep me plenty busy.

Cheers!
Thanks again for the advise and encouragement, Stache.

Patience is something I definitely didn't have when it came to this card, and like you mentioned, more came up shortly after I won this current one.

I was fortunate enough to be given the cards I have, and although some are likely worth a decent buck, it still doesn't afford me to purchase at will on the ones I don't have.

I'll pick away at it here and there and maybe, hopefully, pick up a lot or 2 along the way and add to it what I can in hopes of one day turning it over to my son for him to carry on, just like it was to me, (or help pay for his secondary education if I have to?)

I've been reading/researching a lot trying to learn as much as I can about the 52 Topps cards and the rest of the hobby and I think I got a head of myself trying to play catch up for all the years I missed?

The important part is, I am having fun doing it (although there was a bump recently on some cards I wanted, and still want) but I'm learning as I go and I'm enjoying myself.

Thanks again for your advice and input, I appreciate it!

Good luck with your sets too!
Old 03-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Thanks again for the advise and encouragement, Stache.

Patience is something I definitely didn't have when it came to this card, and like you mentioned, more came up shortly after I won this current one.

I was fortunate enough to be given the cards I have, and although some are likely worth a decent buck, it still doesn't afford me to purchase at will on the ones I don't have.

I'll pick away at it here and there and maybe, hopefully, pick up a lot or 2 along the way and add to it what I can in hopes of one day turning it over to my son for him to carry on, just like it was to me, (or help pay for his secondary education if I have to?)

I've been reading/researching a lot trying to learn as much as I can about the 52 Topps cards and the rest of the hobby and I think I got a head of myself trying to play catch up for all the years I missed?

The important part is, I am having fun doing it (although there was a bump recently on some cards I wanted, and still want) but I'm learning as I go and I'm enjoying myself.

Thanks again for your advice and input, I appreciate it!

Good luck with your sets too!
As long as you're having fun, you've in the right frame of mind, and everything else will come in time.

Remember, collecting isn't a competition. It can be easy to get swept up by the purchases other members might make, but you're not in a foot race to the finish line. You are doing this for you. Do it at your own pace. Never feel pressured to meet some arbitrary deadline. If you tell yourself "I have to have x number of cards by y date, then it's no longer a hobby, but a chore. Inheriting some cards to start out with is always a great way to start, because you can feel what a collection is going to be like, and when you ultimately do reach the end, you'll have a very special set comprised of cards you bought, and ones received from somebody else special to you. What you do from that point is up to you. You can always sell the set, take the proceeds, and start working on another set. Or, you can put it aside, let it appreciate further, and either sell it, or pass it down to a son, if you have one.

You might be in the same boat I am. I don't have nearly the financial resources some other members have at their disposal, so I have to pick and choose my battles. If, by some small miracle, this stem cell procedure I'm going to have on my back in another year and a half fixes my back, I can go back to work as a stockbroker, and then the funds will be there to do whatever I want. In the mean time, I have to play it smart, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I work a little on one set, then switch it up a bit, and work on another. I'll likely choose to stick with one of the three sets I named before too long (I think the '53 Bowman color set might be the one, as it's a smaller set, and outside of a handful of cards, it's reasonably priced. Of course, I like the 1975 set a lot, and it contains the rookie of one of my two favorite players, so I can justify the expense for that card!) The cool thing about collecting cards is you set the rules, the pace, and you can do as much, or as little, as you want. You can take little breaks, and then come back refreshed. If something comes up where you can't buy for a while, you can share in the fun other collectors are having. Believe you me, it helps.

If you ever have any questions, or just want to bounce an idea or three off of somebody, as I like to say, my inbox is always open. You're always welcome to send me a message whenever you need to talk to somebody, or if you just want to talk collecting. Remember, there aren't any stupid questions. Knowledge is power in this hobby.

Bill

Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
As long as you're having fun, you've in the right frame of mind, and everything else will come in time.

Remember, collecting isn't a competition. It can be easy to get swept up by the purchases other members might make, but you're not in a foot race to the finish line. You are doing this for you. Do it at your own pace. Never feel pressured to meet some arbitrary deadline. If you tell yourself "I have to have x number of cards by y date, then it's no longer a hobby, but a chore. Inheriting some cards to start out with is always a great way to start, because you can feel what a collection is going to be like, and when you ultimately do reach the end, you'll have a very special set comprised of cards you bought, and ones received from somebody else special to you. What you do from that point is up to you. You can always sell the set, take the proceeds, and start working on another set. Or, you can put it aside, let it appreciate further, and either sell it, or pass it down to a son, if you have one.

You might be in the same boat I am. I don't have nearly the financial resources some other members have at their disposal, so I have to pick and choose my battles. If, by some small miracle, this stem cell procedure I'm going to have on my back in another year and a half fixes my back, I can go back to work as a stockbroker, and then the funds will be there to do whatever I want. In the mean time, I have to play it smart, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I work a little on one set, then switch it up a bit, and work on another. I'll likely choose to stick with one of the three sets I named before too long (I think the '53 Bowman color set might be the one, as it's a smaller set, and outside of a handful of cards, it's reasonably priced. Of course, I like the 1975 set a lot, and it contains the rookie of one of my two favorite players, so I can justify the expense for that card!) The cool thing about collecting cards is you set the rules, the pace, and you can do as much, or as little, as you want. You can take little breaks, and then come back refreshed. If something comes up where you can't buy for a while, you can share in the fun other collectors are having. Believe you me, it helps.

If you ever have any questions, or just want to bounce an idea or three off of somebody, as I like to say, my inbox is always open. You're always welcome to send me a message whenever you need to talk to somebody, or if you just want to talk collecting. Remember, there aren't any stupid questions. Knowledge is power in this hobby.

Bill
Thanks again for your input/thoughts/advice, Stache, and good luck with your stem cell procedure on your back! That can't be pleasant having to deal with that issue day in day out!

I also appreciate your offer! That is one I'll definitely take you up on.

Take care.

Dale
Old 03-29-2016, 08:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

I finally received my card today and just like I thought, the back was damaged.

Likely not going to pursue this any further, as, like I said, it is entirely my fault.

Some onus I believe is on the seller for not fully disclosing this damage but maybe that part is covered in their "poor" description?
(New computer so not sure how scans are going to turn out? Still getting use to Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated as I see the scans are small)

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 PM

Taking the global shipping out of eqasion, I think $11 is a fair winning bid. As far as deceptive selling technique, I would make sure to point out flaws like that because my 100% positive is important to me, but obviously other sellers hope to make a few bucks by misleading buyers. Good luck on the set, some of those cards tend to get expensive
Old 03-29-2016, 10:43 PM
je.sse @rnot

It's hard to say the card wasn't as described if it was listed as poor. However, purposely leaving the paper loss on the back out of the description and not including a scan of the back seems deceptive to me. My feedback rating and comments would reflect this.

I don't think it would be worth it to return the card even if you lived in America. From Canada it would probably be cost prohibitive.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:43 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
I finally received my card today and just like I thought, the back was damaged.

Likely not going to pursue this any further, as, like I said, it is entirely my fault.

Some onus I believe is on the seller for not fully disclosing this damage but maybe that part is covered in their "poor" description?
(New computer so not sure how scans are going to turn out? Still getting use to Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated as I see the scans are small)
As back damage goes, that is a pretty nice "poor" condition card. If it were me in this situation with everything you described, I would not be overly upset at myself for missing it. There are poor condition cards and there are POOR condition cards (and backs), and the damage on this one doesn't affect any 'critical' information on the card. Obviously, my opinion but it's not as hard of an $11/$32 lesson as it could have been.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeabe View Post
Taking the global shipping out of eqasion, I think $11 is a fair winning bid. As far as deceptive selling technique, I would make sure to point out flaws like that because my 100% positive is important to me, but obviously other sellers hope to make a few bucks by misleading buyers. Good luck on the set, some of those cards tend to get expensive
I agree, should have been listed that there was paper loss but I assume they thought if they just listed it as poor, then they would be covered?

Their reviews reflect this questionable shadiness imo, and if I was smarter at the time, I would have seen that and walked away.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
It's hard to say the card wasn't as described if it was listed as poor. However, purposely leaving the paper loss on the back out of the description and not including a scan of the back seems deceptive to me. My feedback rating and comments would reflect this.

I don't think it would be worth it to return the card even if you lived in America. From Canada it would probably be cost prohibitive.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
As back damage goes, that is a pretty nice "poor" condition card. If it were me in this situation with everything you described, I would not be overly upset at myself for missing it. There are poor condition cards and there are POOR condition cards (and backs), and the damage on this one doesn't affect any 'critical' information on the card. Obviously, my opinion but it's not as hard of an $11/$32 lesson as it could have been.
I agree also, could have been much worse than what it is. I like the looks of the front. It is decently centered and not in too bad of condition overall so it will fit in nicely with my collection.

$32.00 dollar lesson learned, and no more cards purchased from this "Mom and Pop" operation for me!

Thanks guys.