NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-22-2011, 08:38 AM

Default It finally happened (regarding Christmas gifts for card collectors)

After 20 years of 88 Topps boxes, Edgar Renteria rookies that probably cost way too much, packs and packs of late 80's Panini sticker garbage somebody finally got me a great baseball card gift.

My girlfriend packed a 59 Topps Clemente and Hank Aaron in a huge Amazon box to surprise me. Awesome surprise.

I've never felt so lucky.

Happy holidays, everyone and a big thank you to everybody I've purchased from. Not a single bad transaction in the bunch.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Congrats man! When my wife and I were dateing she wanted to get me a card but didn't know anything about them. She went to a shop where she used to live and told him she wanted to get me a vintage card. Not knowing much she recognized the name Sandy Koufax and purchased a PSA 6 1959 Koufax for me. Needless to say I was stunned. I'm sure the salesman took her for a ride and I've never asked her what she paid but it still sits proudly in my collection anlong with other cards she has purchased for me including a 1953 Satchell Paige, 1952 Bowman Eddie Mathews, 1952 Topps Enos Slaughter, 1966 Topps Mickey Mantle, and 1913 National Game Walter Johnson.
It's great to have a wife behind your collecting desires but sometimes I wish Christmas and my birthday would come more than once a uear. Ha ha.

Drew
Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Mikeknapp

She sounds like a keeper to me. As with all things related to marriage, it only gets better with time. I have been with my wife for 32 years. The other day she asked me if I preferred T205s more than T206s. I love when she talks like that
Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Steve

You guys either did your research before the big plunge or were very fortunate: you have my respect and envy. My ex hated my collection and would probably have disposed of it, had she known the combination to my vault.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
You guys either did your research before the big plunge or were very fortunate: you have my respect and envy. My ex hated my collection and would probably have disposed of it, had she known the combination to my vault.
...hence her being your "ex"
Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBBC View Post
After 20 years of 88 Topps boxes, Edgar Renteria rookies that probably cost way too much, packs and packs of late 80's Panini sticker garbage...
HAHA. This made me laugh because I have gone through this a lot. I had a girlfriend who found some "old" baseball cards at a antique store and thought she would buy me it. It was a 1988 set. I didn't really know how to react. I knew she tried and it was a show of support for my collecting, but as far as an addition to the collection it was useless.

She has since become my wife and she has learned not to bother with buying actual cards (she still buys books or baseball related trinkets). I don't buy very much but she does support me when I do. Every time I want to sell some of my collection to help ends meet (especially recently now that she is on maternity leave for our second Child born on the Dec 12th) she always tries to make sure it isn't stuff I would regret selling and tries to think of other things we could do to make extra money instead.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Steve

Default thanks for the empathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Beldini View Post
...hence her being your "ex"
Nah, we split for other reasons - lots of them. What a warm and toasty Xmas memory.