NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default Need some pricing help- Orange Borders, E285's

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Hi all,

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in the B/S/T Index, but I'm thinking of either selling or consigning these three SGC graded cards and would like to get a ballpark idea of market value before doing so:

1910 Orange Borders- A.L. Champs- SGC Auth. (Doesn't appear deliberately trimmed, but is a tad undersized)
1933 E285 Rittenhouse- P. Waner (Blue)- SGC 50
1933 E285 Rittenhouse- R. Cramer (Green)- SGC 40

I couldn't find much, if anything on Ebay, that I could use as a reference and neither SGC nor PSA list an SMR for any of these, just Pop reports. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

ajbaxter1975@hotmail.com

Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: salinas

I am wondering about prices for E285s too.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

1910 Orange Borders- A.L. Champs- SGC Auth. $200-$325
1933 E285 Rittenhouse- P. Waner (Blue)- SGC 50 $50-$100
1933 E285 Rittenhouse- R. Cramer (Green)- SGC 40 $20-$40

I upped my guess, a little bit, on the Orange Border after a little thought...

Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

An Orange Boards sold for $146 in Auth over a year ago.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator

I remember seeing one in auction go for around $300 sometime in the last year....that is why I upped my guess a little bit....the thing about AUT, and low grades (don't get me going about grading strip cards and box cut outs numerically)are that they can vary widely in appearence. I guess other cards can too, but like many of us say, it's hard to tell the difference in a an 8 to a 9 and so forth...on the higher end...

edited typo

Old 11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Agreed with you Leon..but we just added a new feature to the site so now when an auction ends. We capture an the image used in selling the card along with the seller, buyer and number of bids. So now when the eBay link dies all the information will be there and you will be able to compare cards of the same grade no matter when they sold. So far in the first week since starting this we pulled over 21,000 images.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Nieves

"Agreed with you Leon..but we just added a new feature to the site so now when an auction ends. We capture an the image used in selling the card along with the seller, buyer and number of bids. So now when the eBay link dies all the information will be there and you will be able to compare cards of the same grade no matter when they sold. So far in the first week since starting this we pulled over 21,000 images."

Bobby,

The images that you're taking (without permission), and using for commercial purposes, are not public domain. That is a blatant violation of the Fair Use doctrine of the U.S. Copyright Law.

Tom

Old 12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

It's BS comments like the foregoing that make me lurk more than post on this site. Why don't you just get over it.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Here we go again...

Old 12-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Just curious. What type of law do you practice?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

not to get too far off subject, but since he's not SELLING the pictures (and Not technically making any money off of them) - I don't think it's a violation - also, there are TONS of websites that archive what webpages USED to look like by taking snapshots for archival purposes - that's all Bobby is doing here - if he were making a profit from the sale of these it would be a different deal - I really hope that this DOESN'T escalate and turn into anything because the changes at VCP are VERY useful and will help a lot in the coming months -

sorry for the OT, but i couldn't keep my mouth shut about this one...

Old 12-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I was just about to say, very cool Bobby.

now I am not sure what to say.  Nah, I still think its pretty cool.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Red

The images are copyrighted and belong to the person who created them. They should not be borrowed or copied and used without the owner's permission. They certainly should not be used for any commercial purpose without obtaining the owner's permission for their use. Fees are collected from subscribers and one of the features is the ability to see these collected images. You're not paying directly for each image but they're there contributing to a business making money. It would be like if there was a link there you could click on to watch a movie or listen to a song. Unless you got permission from the people who own the movie, song, or in this case a simple picture, it's all the same and should not be done.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

All legal jargon aside, to answer the original post, I have been carrying an orange Border Al team and NL team in my show cases for about 2 years now each are SGC "A" since they are handcut and I still have them. They are marked at $375 each and haven't sold. I also remember the auction Bobby mentioned and he is correct about the selling price. Dan.