NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Robert

Default 1965 Topps Football SGC and Raw Lot

Deleted
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others

Last edited by Blackie; 02-24-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Deleted
Old 02-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Robert

Deleted
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others

Last edited by Blackie; 02-24-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Deleted just because
Old 02-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Jeff P

Wow, some of those sure do look familiar, Robert. Maybe from a bunch of cards I gave you FOR FREE for your little girl?

Good luck with the sale ...

jeff
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Robert

Actially Jeff i think most of the ones you gave her i have still. I upgraded a lot of cards but loaded up on raw card lots. I typically dont sell cards folks give me or her
Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Jeff P

Ok, believe what you want. No good deed goes unpunished.

jeff
Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Robert

I will remove them now then as i never want to offend
Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Robert

Sorry to offend you Jeff in any way. Cards removed
Old 02-27-2014, 02:26 AM
Daniel Elsass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Sorry to offend you Jeff in any way. Cards removed
This response equates to:

"Yes Jeff, you are correct, I am selling THE cards you gave me for my daughter."

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=179974

Lovely...
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I just had a brief chat with Robert (Blackie), hi Robert. I am not sure there is a better more caring person that I know, or is on this board. He is collecting with his daughter, doesn't mean offend anyone and is super appreciative of the support he has received with his daughter's issues. The ONLY reason he would sell a card given to him is to have continued interaction and happiness with his daughter AND all the while upgrading the set. Not sure what more I can say but if anyone ever speaks with him you will come away with the same feelings. There isn't a better guy on our board. And thanks Robert, for all you do for our country.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Robert

Default response

Thank you Leon and also for your service to our Country!

Jeffrey first off let me say what I have said before, I never meant to offend in any manner, shape or form. I immediately private messaged you to let you know this as well as posting on this forum. Ruthie and I are still working on the 65 set and a few others as we go along the way. In the process I am slowly trying to upgrade cards to give her the best set possible with what I can afford. I do not remember all the cards you sent her but she loved them as she does all her cards. We graded a few Im sure but not all of them. During this time I was buying raw cards from different sellers and on ebay keeping track of the numbers we needed via a checklist. With that being said, we completed the set to 100% in SGC grades and then moved to venture into some other football sets as we could afford. There was never ANY intent on selling for profit from cards you sent to her as a gift. The intent and reason is to sell off the doubles and work on new adventures in football set building with my little girl.

I didn't receive any response back from you via pm or anything. All was quite on the this post and the cards deleted as I didn't want any drama or anything that would even lead to an argument in any form. Then another post shows up and I could not believe what I was reading. You have no idea of who I am or how much I care about people in general. I have spent most of my life serving this great Country and collecting is just a passion and hobby that I enjoy. After several deployments it is nice to see your child begin to enjoy it with you. I have three daughters and the oldest two care nothing about cards but my youngest Ruthie does. When she told me Daddy lets build this set .........I was so happy. She had been through HELL in November when she (10 years of age then, now 11) was diagnosed with type one diabetes. I received a lot of prayers and emotional support in which I read these boards to her. I know in my heart that Ruthie and I collecting together brings us closer.

Jeffery I must say also the comment of good deeds do not go unpunished that you made.....you are right they do not, but If you would have taken the time to respond or call me it would have made it a whole lot easier. I don't hide behind a keyboard. Ive put my tail on the line for my family and as a matter of fact YOU if you live in this country. I have nothing to hide and as a matter of fact if you could let me know which cards you sent her as a gift please let me know and I will be happy to return them to you. I have not nor ever will take advantage of someone nor will I. And for the Padrino guy who states that he knows what I meant in my post..........the answer to that is no you do not. You can call me anytime.

Again this is not to rant but I felt like I needed to give my response. I love these boards and collecting is a hobby that I plan to keep enjoying but please don't "throw me under the bus if you don't even know me".

Semper Fi

Respectfully

Robert
Old 02-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Daniel Elsass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
Thank you Leon and also for your service to our Country!

Jeffrey first off let me say what I have said before, I never meant to offend in any manner, shape or form. I immediately private messaged you to let you know this as well as posting on this forum. Ruthie and I are still working on the 65 set and a few others as we go along the way. In the process I am slowly trying to upgrade cards to give her the best set possible with what I can afford. I do not remember all the cards you sent her but she loved them as she does all her cards. We graded a few Im sure but not all of them. During this time I was buying raw cards from different sellers and on ebay keeping track of the numbers we needed via a checklist. With that being said, we completed the set to 100% in SGC grades and then moved to venture into some other football sets as we could afford. There was never ANY intent on selling for profit from cards you sent to her as a gift. The intent and reason is to sell off the doubles and work on new adventures in football set building with my little girl.

I didn't receive any response back from you via pm or anything. All was quite on the this post and the cards deleted as I didn't want any drama or anything that would even lead to an argument in any form. Then another post shows up and I could not believe what I was reading. You have no idea of who I am or how much I care about people in general. I have spent most of my life serving this great Country and collecting is just a passion and hobby that I enjoy. After several deployments it is nice to see your child begin to enjoy it with you. I have three daughters and the oldest two care nothing about cards but my youngest Ruthie does. When she told me Daddy lets build this set .........I was so happy. She had been through HELL in November when she (10 years of age then, now 11) was diagnosed with type one diabetes. I received a lot of prayers and emotional support in which I read these boards to her. I know in my heart that Ruthie and I collecting together brings us closer.

Jeffery I must say also the comment of good deeds do not go unpunished that you made.....you are right they do not, but If you would have taken the time to respond or call me it would have made it a whole lot easier. I don't hide behind a keyboard. Ive put my tail on the line for my family and as a matter of fact YOU if you live in this country. I have nothing to hide and as a matter of fact if you could let me know which cards you sent her as a gift please let me know and I will be happy to return them to you. I have not nor ever will take advantage of someone nor will I. And for the Padrino guy who states that he knows what I meant in my post..........the answer to that is no you do not. You can call me anytime.

Again this is not to rant but I felt like I needed to give my response. I love these boards and collecting is a hobby that I plan to keep enjoying but please don't "throw me under the bus if you don't even know me".

Semper Fi

Respectfully

Robert
Robert,

First, sorry about your daughter.

With all due respect... I am also military (27 years thus far) so kindly ask that you check that at the door.

The simple question was "did you sell the cards that were given to you for free?"

The simple answer is: YES you did and are.

Not sure how that is an attack in any capacity and again, with all due respect, it would have been polite to have explained that your intention was to fund the set by selling the numerous cards you received.

Not relating to the above dialog, just have a question:

You state you are a "Solider US Army" < misspelled by the way on your member page but stated Semper Fi in the above post (which is The Marine Corps Motto as far as I knew). What is your military affiliation?

Dan (aka "Padrino Guy")
Old 02-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Robert

Yes Dan I am now in the Army not the Marines anymore. I have been in the military for quite some time. Forgive me for not spelling words correctly as you pointed out.

And I will check that at the door. Was I trying to sell the doubles, yes for the reasons listed. I did not keep a record of where each and every card for her set came from. We were just excited to get cards when they came in from ebay or any other manner. I have nothing more to say concerning this matter. This was simply pointed out first to Jeffrey as I wanted to make amends with him and contact him to let him know why were selling cards. Nothing follows.........
Old 03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Jeff P

... nothing followed because my mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

For those not familiar with the situation, I sent *Ruthie* 40 1965 Topps cards ... not Robert. But I didn't send them to Ruthie to later learn that Robert has been trying to sell 1965 Topps both within this forum and also to other Net54 members as some have told me. These cards were sent to Ruthie and Ruthie alone for her personal enjoyment and nothing more.

Robert: when you tug on the heart strings of Net54 members regarding your little girl and then turnaround and start selling cards from the set, it's not right. You mentioned many times in your thread that you were keeping track of which cards you had received and which ones you had not. I sent you 40 that you did not have at that time. Turning around and sell cards in this set gives people at least the perception that you are using your situation to build sets and I don't think that's the perception you want to give Net54 members. If I had know that was going to be the outcome, I would not have sent you anything.

Please don't contact me again.

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 03-02-2014 at 02:51 PM.