NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 04-24-2016, 09:15 AM
D@le Irv*n

Default John Tavares RC?

Curious, what is considered JT's true rookie card?

I have watched/liked him since he played as an under ager for the Oshawa Generals and just recently thought it might be cool to own one of his true RC's.

Any info would be appreciated as would purchasing one if anyone has any for sale?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2016, 02:08 PM

Default Depends

Irv - Tavares RC is in the 2009-10 sets and it all depends what you want to spend. The Cup is his most expensive RC. Upper Deck MVP is probably the cheapest. SP Authentic is good if you want an auto RC at a reasonable price and Upper Deck Young Guns is always popular if you want a non-autographed RC.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:57 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro13 View Post
Irv - Tavares RC is in the 2009-10 sets and it all depends what you want to spend. The Cup is his most expensive RC. Upper Deck MVP is probably the cheapest. SP Authentic is good if you want an auto RC at a reasonable price and Upper Deck Young Guns is always popular if you want a non-autographed RC.
Thanks, Aro13, that is the info I was looking for.

He was a great player when he played with the Generals, and looking back, his young age didn't show when he was on the ice.

Previously, Tavares competed at the major junior level as a member of the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) before being traded to the London Knights at the 2009 OHL trading deadline along with Michael Del Zotto. Tavares broke into the OHL after gaining "exceptional player" status at the age of 14, allowing the Generals to select him in the OHL Priority Draft as an underage player in 2005. Tavares was named the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) Rookie of the Year in 2006 and CHL Player of the Year in 2007. In 2009, he finished the season with a career total of 215 goals, breaking Peter Lee's OHL record by two.

Tavares was the focus of an unsuccessful push to have the NHL's draft rules changed to allow him to participate in the 2008 Entry Draft, as well as an attempt to allow him to play in the American Hockey League (AHL) as a 17-year-old in 2007. Tavares was ranked as the top prospect for the 2009 Draft by both the NHL Central Scouting Bureau and International Scouting Services.

Tavares has represented Canada at five International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF)-sanctioned events, including the 2010 and 2011 World Championships. At the under-20 level, he won gold medals at the 2008 and 2009 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. He was named the most valuable player of the 2009 tournament after scoring eight goals and 15 points in six games. He also participated in the 2006 IIHF World U18 Championships, but failed to medal. Additionally, Tavares represented Team Ontario at the 2006 World U-17 Hockey Challenge and 2007 Super Series. On January 7, 2014, he was named to the 2014 Canadian Olympic Hockey Team, winning a gold medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics despite an injury preventing him from participating in the nation's final two games.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:38 AM

Default Tavares

Given his performance last night you might want to wait before you buy his RC.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
LOL. Exactly what I said to my son tonight as we were watching the highlights from last night on TSN.

I stayed up for the first O.T. period but couldn't do it for the second.

I chose Florida in my pool but I was glad to hear JT and the Islanders are moving on.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:20 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I couldn't wait!

Seen this one shortly after I began looking so I snagged it.

It' my first ever KSA card but I heard they are pretty good when it comes to hockey?

The card, from what I have seen lately, has definitely gone up in value but I am not too concerned about that. Just glad to say I have one and so is my son.

Was also lucky I got to see him play when he played for the Oshawa Generals.

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.