NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default Quick lesson on making scans smaller

Posted By: leon

Since many folks seem to have an issue with making scans smaller here's a 1 minute lesson and the way I do it. For the record I greatly stink at computers and technology. (even though I sell them) After you have your scan made right click on the little icon of your scan. Then you "open with" the program called "paint". Almost all pc's will have it on them. When it opens look at the top of the screen in the instruction bar. There is the word "image"...click on it. Then the 2nd item in the pull down menu is "stretch/skew". Click on it. Then you will see 2 "100"'s in the boxes. Make them any number smaller and then hit enter. You will have a smaller image. You can do it as many times as you want to any pic. I always keep both numbers the same so the image isn't distorted. A teeny bit of practice (literally 5 minutes)...and you should be a pro. I hope this helps as the smaller the image posted on this board the better....best regards

Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

If you're using Windows XP and have the current updates you should be able to rightclick on your picture in My Pictures and automatically resize them -resizing to the smallest size is perfect for this board.

unfortunately imageshack has changed their URL codes they give you and I haven't figured out how to change the URL like you used to be able to do to automatically make your image smaller.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

One quick suggestion - Save the image with a different name so that you can maintain the original file (image) size.

Changing the the number 100 will reduce or increase the size of the image by the (number)percentage you insert into that particular field. If you put "50" into the box then the image will be reduced by 50%. Keep in mind that there are TWO number fields to fill in:

The two 100's represent height and width.

If the numbers you insert into each box are different then the image will become distorted with the uneven ratio provided for the height and width field. Use the same number for each field to keep the same ratio of change for both the height and width.

Now that I've probably confused everyone - good luck...

Old 07-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

All of these hints help.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jP

Thanks guys for the info.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

thanks for the info...i'll try it in the future!

pete in mn
guilty as charged