NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Eric Bea.chley

If I was a consignor for a group of $100 - $500 cards, I would not want to spend roughly $25 per card for grading which I probably wouldn't recoup with higher sales. And that's on top of waiting another 4 months to get paid since that's how long it is taking to get back cards from PSA.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
If I was a consignor for a group of $100 - $500 cards, I would not want to spend roughly $25 per card for grading which I probably wouldn't recoup with higher sales. And that's on top of waiting another 4 months to get paid since that's how long it is taking to get back cards from PSA.
And yet countless dealers find it profitable to grade their cards in this range.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Personally I think this is all worthless banter. They REALLY don’t care what a small percentage of the hobby says or does
about their new auction site. They knew coming on here that very few if any would ever participate in the auction.

Heck why would they care, battlefield made all their money hoping a few people would not notice the Photoshop. If the
buyer did and left a negative, just relist it along with 100 $5 cards….POOF 99% feedback, just like magic!!

Now with an auction site they have the operating and maintenance expense but don’t pay eBay fees plus received
buyer/seller(if any) fees. Remember, this is the third way they are trying to “sell” cards in the last six months. Once again,
there are a lot of happy people who bought from them off eBay so we just don’t matter.

Now I hope I’m wrong and you are really trying to right the wrongs…but you’re doing a REALLY terrible job at it.
Listing any of battlefield/war_eagle inventory should never happen. Also, any card of significant value should be graded
and a description of “appears” should never be used PERIOD

I have bought ’57 Topps commons from battlefield with good results. I also bought ’55 Topps were the solid colors were
ALL PHOTOSHOPPED. I even bought a graded card from War_Eagle and was very happy.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM

Is it just me or don't you think the Alabama Attorney General's Office and the Alabama Better Business Bureau should be alerted about this new auction house?

That way if (when?) problems arise about cards being sold that aren't as described the authorities will already have a heads up in knowing about what is going on?

Just a thought,

David Smith
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Cory

I’m all for giving everyone a fair chance based on their own actions. Now with that said, based on this new auction house that wants to develop Long-term relationships.....why not grade the higher valued cards before the auction? I have not seen a reasonable reply to this question. Does ANYONE want to consign with this auction house who is not tying to maximize the value of the cards the auction?

If the cards of meaningful value are professionally graded thier provenance is less pronounced. Without answering why they aren’t graded, it appears the main reason is not a long-term relationship (which will not work without consignors) but rather a quick auction or two to help out their folks monetize the inventory for them since they do not have a venue to do it themselves. This is the easiest and quickest way to do it even if some money is left on the table. Getting them graded is more work and since they are just helping their folks out, no need to do that extra work that All the reputable AHs would do. That just makes sense to help their folks out since they aren’t able to themselves now.

I’m thrilled if I’m wrong, but that just seems like logical motivation to me.

Cory Weiser
Old 03-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

If you truly expect your 52 Jackie to 7, making it a 7K card, then you would do the work -- IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
Is it just me or don't you think the Alabama Attorney General's Office and the Alabama Better Business Bureau should be alerted about this new auction house?

That way if (when?) problems arise about cards being sold that aren't as described the authorities will already have a heads up in knowing about what is going on?

Just a thought,

David Smith
Are you kidding me? Contact the Attorney Generals Office because someone's parents are bad? While you are at it you should call my local AA chapter and let them know that I might be a problem since my Dad is an alcoholic.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Jay Cee

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7197.JPG (52.6 KB, 445 views)
Old 03-07-2018, 12:15 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Contact the Attorney Generals Office because someone's parents are bad? While you are at it you should call my local AA chapter and let them know that I might be a problem since my Dad is an alcoholic.
You really believe these guys are just innocent bystanders? I suggest reading through some of the points others have brought up in this thread. These guys have done nothing to convince me they're not a part of the scam. Actions speak louder than words.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for this post. I couldn't have said it any better. We are being found guilty by association. Who has control over their parents actions or any other person for that matter? The only thing you can do in this life is control your own actions. I know who I am as a person. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ leads me and if He is with me that is all I need.

I have said this over and over and over, we do not in any way, shape, or form support the actions of Battlefield over the past several years on eBay. We are NOT them. We are a new Auction House and not one single person on this forum has ever done business with my brother or myself. Yet we are being attacked, insulted, and not taken seriously because of other peoples actions. That is not the response Leon said I would receive if I was honest and explained the situation. I look forward to proving everyone on this forum wrong and I will continue to be active on this thread and answer as many questions as I can.

Daniel
Old 03-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ leads me and if He is with me that is all I need. Daniel
Hoo Boy! When the going gets tough, always play the Jesus card. If that doesn't convince all the fence-straddlers, nothing will.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
We are a new Auction House and not one single person on this forum has ever done business with my brother or myself.

Daniel
How do you know for sure that you haven't done business with anyone here in the past?

Here are your words from an earlier post:

"...we love this hobby and enjoy buying and selling items we have collected for the better part of our lives."

The probability is high that you have dealt with one of us in the past.

My opinion is that you have indeed dealt with many of us in the past, but you did so under your other usernames, Battlefield and War Eagle.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:19 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for this post. I couldn't have said it any better. We are being found guilty by association. Who has control over their parents actions or any other person for that matter? The only thing you can do in this life is control your own actions. I know who I am as a person. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ leads me and if He is with me that is all I need.

I have said this over and over and over, we do not in any way, shape, or form support the actions of Battlefield over the past several years on eBay. We are NOT them. We are a new Auction House and not one single person on this forum has ever done business with my brother or myself. Yet we are being attacked, insulted, and not taken seriously because of other peoples actions. That is not the response Leon said I would receive if I was honest and explained the situation. I look forward to proving everyone on this forum wrong and I will continue to be active on this thread and answer as many questions as I can.

Daniel
I can't speak for him but I have to assume Jesus does not support attempts to deceive customers by selling altered cards as authentic and unaltered, or enhancing scans and describing cards that are vg-ex as NM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:37 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post

Just a thought,

David Smith
David thank you for the morning laugh. The BBB is a joke and telling your mom would do just as much good. The BBB has no power to do anything to anybody. All they can do is give you a grade(LOL) on their worthless web site.

If you really are that concerned please do call both places and report back with what they tell you.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

And all the state can do is not renew their auctioneers license if people complain. Also, I'd bet if they use a PO box, and don't list their physical address, they can't be sued

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
And all the state can do is not renew their auctioneers license if people complain. Also, I'd bet if they use a PO box, and don't list their physical address, they can't be sued
Ted I never knew that, now I know why so many businesses use a PO box instead of their physical address.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
Personally I think this is all worthless banter. They REALLY don’t care what a small percentage of the hobby says or does
about their new auction site. They knew coming on here that very few if any would ever participate in the auction.
Larry,

You couldn't be more wrong. If I didn't care what the people on this forum thought I would've never posted this thread. I have exposed myself to a public attack from everyone on this forum. I have been respectful to everyone and have answered as many questions as possible. We want to gain the support from the people of this forum. I know that isn't going to happen overnight. All we are asking for is a chance to prove you guys wrong. We are doing things the right way. That will become apparent after our first auction ends and in our subsequent auctions this year. I hope anyone who wins an item from our auction does get on this thread and post their experience with us. I am confident it will all be positive.

Daniel
Old 03-07-2018, 04:57 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
The group sub was entered in Nov 11th....we are still waiting as of March 6th.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:53 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Does anyone here want to admit that they are one of the fifteen individuals consigning to Candiman Auctions? Or possibly someone just knows anyone that is consigning?

I doubt it.

As it appears to me, this is just a rebranding of the family business model as laid out lucidly by numerous members in this thread.

Frank Horv@th

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 03-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
The group sub was entered in Nov 11th....we are still waiting as of March 6th.
My 4-months estimate was based on using the 10-day service

I sent out a package from their Jan Special and it still isn't logged in yet
Old 03-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
My 4-months estimate was based on using the 10-day service

I sent out a package from their Jan Special and it still isn't logged in yet
Damn...that's sad....sounds like they need to hire some help....surely, they can open up the purse springs and pay an enticing wage....sounds like they are overwhelmed with work with not enough employees to handle it.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 03-07-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Damn...that's sad....sounds like they need to hire some help....surely, they can open up the purse springs and pay an enticing wage....sounds like they are overwhelmed with work with not enough employees to handle it.
They have admitted as much and I assume it got bad before they reacted. That's not a criticism since I understand any company doesn't want to go through the expensive hiring and training process for a short-term blip. But in hindsight they would probably agree they were slow to react. A huge surge in business is a problem many companies would love to have.

I'm certain that the hiring and training process is more detailed at PSA since they really need to be careful on who they hire. So, in that respect, I can add some patience knowing they aren't throwing temps at the problem.

Just to clarify, it was the Jan 2018 special.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for pointing this out Eric. Almost every item in the auction falls into the category you are talking about. The consignor wants everything sold. They don't want to spend a lot of money on grading fees and have to wait months to get them back from PSA.

Thanks,

Daniel