NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default JP's

Anybody buy any cards from JP's Sportscards? Good? Bad?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Ouch, I will take that as a no... He has about 8600 feedbacks on eBay. Thought some of you might have had an experience with him.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Robert

Default hi robert

I have bought a few raw 58's from JP..........they were as listed on ebay and not bad cards. He ships pretty fast and cards were well packaged. I prefer battersbox but JP is a close second.
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Good to hear from you! JP looks to have good selection and prices. I just finished my '53 set (again). I have started buying cards from Joe's Vintage Sportscards. I just can't say enough good things about him. I always know exactly what I am getting from him, and the price is reasonable. He is a fast, secure shipper, too.

I used to buy lots of cards from the Battersbox as well. I have given up on them unfortunately. I just kept getting over-graded cards. They always give quick refunds, but I get tired of having to return cards that aren't as advertised, even when I ask them a direct question about a specific card, they still don't get it right. It seems the bigger they have gotten, the less accurate they have become.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Larry More.y

One thing that I look at with vintage fixed price sellers on ebay is how frequently they turn their inventory. Strictly taking into account my own experiences buying from a multitude of vintage fixed price sellers on ebay, my best luck has been from those sellers who turn their inventory quickly.

As an example, say a seller maintains 5k cards listed as fixed price listings in their ebay store, and over the past 12 months has 12k in feedback. That means that this seller turns their inventory between 2.5-3 times over the course of a 12 month period. To me, a seller who is able to turn their inventory this frequently is doing a good job impressing their customers by offering both quality product and selling at a fair price. Many sellers consistently offer one or the other (quality or pricing) and their inventory turns per year are less which is indicative of either higher pricing or lesser quality.

JMO on this though.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 07-26-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Good to hear from you! JP looks to have good selection and prices. I just finished my '53 set (again). I have started buying cards from Joe's Vintage Sportscards. I just can't say enough good things about him. I always know exactly what I am getting from him, and the price is reasonable. He is a fast, secure shipper, too.

I used to buy lots of cards from the Battersbox as well. I have given up on them unfortunately. I just kept getting over-graded cards. They always give quick refunds, but I get tired of having to return cards that aren't as advertised, even when I ask them a direct question about a specific card, they still don't get it right. It seems the bigger they have gotten, the less accurate they have become.

I totally understand Robert. I have only recieved 2 "terribly" overgraded cards from them and they were quick to refund. Ive had alot of luck turning the NMMT+ cards into SGC 84 and a few 86's but never an 88.

Let me research tonight and I will get back with you on some of the vintage raw sellers i have had luck with.
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 07-26-2013, 06:56 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I am really loving Joe's! Just placed another order for some '57 Topps today! I have shopped several dealers. He is my favorite.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Robert

Default Agreed

Joes is great but dont forget Mickeys sportscards! Gotta great deals with them as well.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:19 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I have heard good things about Mickey's. I will have to give them a look.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Default JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I am really loving Joe's! Just placed another order for some '57 Topps today! I have shopped several dealers. He is my favorite.
Remember to order off of their website or call direct and they will save you the eBay fees + a little more.

Z Wheat
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Absolutely! That is what I have learned. He has a lot of quality cards on that site. No shipping fees either.... It is nice avoiding ebay!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

I have known Jimmy for a long time and he has been a show promoter for decades-he is a quality guy you can trust, no doubt about it.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

He has made collecting a little easier and a lot more fun for me. It was getting so hard to find a seller who had quality inventory at reasonable prices. I have learned to trust him. If he says a card is NM, EXMT, or whatever, I know it is, and I won't be disappointed when I open the package. Building the sets I choose to work on (57 Topps right now) suddenly feels more doable than ever! The way he packages cards is top-notch, too. Very professional!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:33 PM
T!M R10rd@n

If you're talking about ebay id "jpsportscollectibles" then yes, I have bought from them a bunch.

I bought from them at the National in Baltimore a couple of years ago, I;ve bought from them on ebay, and I've bought from them at shows on Long Island.

Always a fair and positive experience.

The funniest was in Baltimore, the first time I bought from them, when I got to talking to them and found out that we had both travelled to Baltimore from Long Island to do business together!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:42 AM

I've had good success with gregmorriscards on eBay as well. They seem to break sets and put them up. Grading has always seemed to be well done.