NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Brendan Mullen

Default Mantle auto in LOTG Auction; Lot 850

I've been trying to study Mantle's autograph with some success. Is this one any good? I say no. Please see the link below. Thanks!

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/Mic...-LOT18512.aspx

Last edited by Bpm0014; 03-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Terry Lake

Default ball

They should be ashamed of themselves. Not even close.

Last edited by tlake22; 03-27-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM
Chuck Tapia

LOTG Banana Mantle.

A buddy of mine who was a child actor in the 80's, asked me if I ever sent anything into PSA to be graded? I thought he was taking about baseball cards.

Then he tells me he has a Mickey Mantle ball and a 500HR ball he wanted to get authenticated. He did not know that I am an idiot savant with mantle autographs he sent me a pic and I saved him $100 and had to tell him why his ball was a banana mantle forgery, just like this one.

The 500 HR Club ball was wrapped in cellophane and you all know where that came from...FAKE AT HOME Shopping and Judy Lett. Another terrible forgery.

I gave a him one of my Mantle balls so he didn't feel so bad, but he was bummed. He had those balls for over 30 years and they were in a nice case in his office that he admired every day.

Yes he is a dopey dope, so aren't we all at some point.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-27-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:25 AM
Scott Russell

They have pulled the ball.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Al

Hi Brendan!

The lot in question has been pulled. Unfortunately we had several "Willie, Mickey & the Duke" baseballs in the office, and when I was putting this auction together, I mixed up the LOA from lot 381 with this one. As a result, this one wound up getting photographed and inserted into the auction. Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for pointing it out. I always prefer when things like this get addressed and resolved before they actually impact a customer!

Fuddjcal: I do not know who you are, nor do I understand why you would feel the need to attack me or my company personally - we've never done business together, we've never met in person, nor have we ever had any dealings whatsoever in any way, that I can recall. Please understand that I started LOTG specifically because I've been in the hobby for 30+ years and wanted to provide an alternative to the kind of unethical shenanigans we've become accustomed to in the hobby. Mistakes, however, will always happen, and while I can promise I'll always do my best to make them right, I would never promise I won't make them.

What I would never do, however, would be to publicly disparage a person I didn't know, or a business I had no experience with. Doing something like that would be irresponsible of me.

I've been operating Love of the Game for nearly eight years, and sold nearly 20,000 items in that time, including quite a few of the most interesting pieces of history you'll ever see. Perhaps instead of taking time to disparage me on a public message board, take a little time and review my auction and the items in it. Maybe you'll see something you like.

-Al Crisafulli

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 03-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
Hi Brendan!

The lot in question has been pulled. Unfortunately we had several "Willie, Mickey & the Duke" baseballs in the office, and when I was putting this auction together, I mixed up the LOA from lot 381 with this one. As a result, this one wound up getting photographed and inserted into the auction. Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for pointing it out. I always prefer when things like this get addressed and resolved before they actually impact a customer!

Fuddjcal: I do not know who you are, nor do I understand why you would feel the need to attack me or my company personally - we've never done business together, we've never met in person, nor have we ever had any dealings whatsoever in any way, that I can recall. Please understand that I started LOTG specifically because I've been in the hobby for 30+ years and wanted to provide an alternative to the kind of unethical shenanigans we've become accustomed to in the hobby. Mistakes, however, will always happen, and while I can promise I'll always do my best to make them right, I would never promise I won't make them.

What I would never do, however, would be to publicly disparage a person I didn't know, or a business I had no experience with. Doing something like that would be irresponsible of me.

I've been operating Love of the Game for nearly eight years, and sold nearly 20,000 items in that time, including quite a few of the most interesting pieces of history you'll ever see. Perhaps instead of taking time to disparage me on a public message board, take a little time and review my auction and the items in it. Maybe you'll see something you like.

-Al Crisafulli
I stand corrected. I have Bookmarked LOGT and will be thrilled to shop on a site that is monitored this way. MUCH BETTER than E-Bay. Thank you very much for the explanation Al. I have been buying Cards Autographs and memorabilia for 30+ years and I have never seen your website or heard of your company until today. I see these same sites everyday with the same tireless forgeries and I did what I do, react to them. Nothing Personal.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-27-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Brendan Mullen

Hi Brendan!

Even though I don't know you, you're a stand up guy Al and have a great reputation. Thanks for the quick response!

Brendan
Old 03-27-2019, 12:17 PM
David McDonald

Schmendrick (שמענדריק): Yiddish for an ineffectual, foolish, or contemptible person.

Mensch: a person of integrity and honor.

I've known Al for a long time now. He's a stand-up guy, a mensch even; he's no schmendrick - had to Google it, my yiddische mama never employed the term - that's for sure (although his musical tastes are a tad schmendrickian). It sucks that he has to deal with a certain amount of undeserved shit from the basement suites of America but these are the times we live in. Speaking as one who was ripped off big-time by Mastro and who is routinely jacked around by many of the usual AHs with their crap descriptions, expensive shipping and general pompous-assedness I've found that LOTG has been a pleasure to deal with from the get-go. Al gets my vote.

Last edited by Kawika; 03-27-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 03-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Belltown Vintage

I agree with what David said. Al has more integrity than anyone in the auction business.

But...it is the nature of the internet to rake anyone over the coals who makes a mistake of any type. If such a condition did not exist I bet many of you would get so bored with social media that you would go talk with a human. God forbid.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Michael

Agreed about Al. Not one of those only $ oriented guys but adds lots of integrity to the hobby!
Old 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Doug

I've bought from LOTG auctions and consigned many items to Al's auction. I too will say Al is one of the honest guys out there. Glad the mixup has been resolved.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:25 AM
Joe

I would not hesitate to buy or recommend buying from Al. Nothing but a stand up guy changing the auction business for the better. His research on the Gerhig bat is legendary and far above what any other auction house was willing to do for a client.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Schmendrick (שמענדריק): Yiddish for an ineffectual, foolish, or contemptible person.

Mensch: a person of integrity and honor.

I've known Al for a long time now. He's a stand-up guy, a mensch even; he's no schmendrick - had to Google it, my yiddische mama never employed the term - that's for sure (although his musical tastes are a tad schmendrickian). It sucks that he has to deal with a certain amount of undeserved shit from the basement suites of America but these are the times we live in. Speaking as one who was ripped off big-time by Mastro and who is routinely jacked around by many of the usual AHs with their crap descriptions, expensive shipping and general pompous-assedness I've found that LOTG has been a pleasure to deal with from the get-go. Al gets my vote.
As the one who cast aspersions, I didn't realize my Yiddish mama taught me such words. After further review, there are many Schemendricks out there, but Al ain't one of them. youre absolutely right, he is a mensch.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:13 PM

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/Joe...-LOT18510.aspx

Fudd, what do you think of this one?
Old 03-31-2019, 08:08 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier8HOF View Post
http://loveofthegameauctions.com/Joe...-LOT18510.aspx

Fudd, what do you think of this one?
Should be pulled. Who looks at this stuff before it gets listed.

Probably an honest mistake, but...

DiMaggioLOTG-1.jpg
Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Should be pulled. Who looks at this stuff before it gets listed.

Probably an honest mistake, but...

definitely an honest mistake. al is a great guy
Old 03-31-2019, 06:38 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
definitely an honest mistake. al is a great guy
I agree, but don't their listings get scrutinized before they post them?
Old 04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I agree, but don't their listings get scrutinized before they post them?
The one thing you can say is that Al actually monitors the site and yanks things down when they aren't right. I don't recall ever seeing his site, so I assume it's been run pretty well over the years?

While there is no disputing the "putrid ness" of a few balls, there is also no dispute that they were immediately taken down.

I would rather buy from a man with a good reputation and trying to do the right thing, than from FU-Bay, list a fake, forget it and shove an unsuspecting boobs nose in it for 3-400....like we see many times daily.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I have known AL for around 20 yrs. He is a great guy and he has made some honest mistakes. They were taken care of quickly as far as I am aware.

Ronnie- No need to be snarky All of the time, you can give it a rest. We will be talking soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
The one thing you can say is that Al actually monitors the site and yanks things down when they aren't right. I don't recall ever seeing his site, so I assume it's been run pretty well over the years?

While there is no disputing the "putrid ness" of a few balls, there is also no dispute that they were immediately taken down.

I would rather buy from a man with a good reputation and trying to do the right thing, than from FU-Bay, list a fake, forget it and shove an unsuspecting boobs nose in it for 3-400....like we see many times daily.