NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeso81 View Post
Sounds to me like it is your card for $1300 regardless of what he ends up paying for it. He is gambling...as long he delivers than no harm. Time will tell what type of man he is. His reputation is officially on the line.

With one tiny problem.....what if he didnt even win the auction? Then I tied up my cash on the premise that if I waited 2 weeks, the card would be delivered to me. If he gets outbid, then what? Thats why FULL DISCLOSURE is absolutely needed in this situation!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Somehow I don't think that a guy who would do something as pathetic and petty as this gives a rat's ass what his reputation is on an internet chat board.

Last edited by calvindog; 04-03-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
With one tiny problem.....what if he didnt even win the auction? Then I tied up my cash on the premise that if I waited 2 weeks, the card would be delivered to me. If he gets outbid, then what? Thats why FULL DISCLOSURE is absolutely needed in this situation!
That's just it. He HAS to win! Not a smart way to do business in my opinion. If you get the card...great. If you don't...awful. No matter what, stay away from him in the future.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

He is seeing wheretheyaint.com and raising them one.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Exactly. Regardless of whether he wins the auction, his actions are dishonest and probably illegal. Taking money for a card of which he doesn't own?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Steve Yawitz

That listing was sketchy from the outset, but any thread that spawns "UZIT or lose it" can't be all bad.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default easy decision

Just a quick note to say the other mods and I are in discussion about this. We would like to see if Jamie wants to respond in this thread to these accusations? If he does and he convinces us that everything is just fine, then so be it. If he does nothing then we will make the same call as if he is just outright guilty of what is being said. So, here is your chance if you would like to explain, Jamie? best regards
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just a quick note to say the other mods and I are in discussion about this. We would like to see if Jamie wants to respond in this thread to these accusations? If he does and he convinces us that everything is just fine, then so be it. If he does nothing then we will make the same call as if he is just outright guilty of what is being said. So, here is your chance if you would like to explain, Jamie? best regards

Leon, I will happily supply you with a complete, unedited list of our emails back and forth if that helps in making your decision. If fact, I have no problem in displaying them in this thread publicly so that Jamie may see they are legit. Just let me know if you need them.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default private emails on the board

Quote:
Leon, I will happily supply you with a complete, unedited list of our emails back and forth if that helps in making your decision. If fact, I have no problem in displaying them in this thread publicly so that Jamie may see they are legit. Just let me know if you need them.
While private emails aren't generally allowed on the board I think that in very rare cases we might let one or two go, if need be. I don't think it's needed in this case, at least yet. If we don't hear from Jamie by tomorrow then the other mods and I will take some form of action, with respect to him being on the board. regards
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Exactly. Regardless of whether he wins the auction, his actions are dishonest and probably illegal. Taking money for a card of which he doesn't own?

Let me clarify here that Jamie DID tell me to wait 2 weeks to make payment on the card. He told me to "wait until he gets it". However, he stated nowhere in our dozen+ emails that the card was in an auction. He DID however "guarantee" that I would own the Uzit in 2 weeks time, leading me to believe that he was either waiting for delivery, or in negotiations on a private deal. I just fail to understand how one can guarantee someone else a card when its currently in a major auction!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM

I don't understand why Jamie would go this route as opposed to just trying to find a partner for the auction. Judging by the flurry of posts after his listing he would have had his choice of partners. Doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:29 PM

i'm with scott on the question of why didn't jamie just ask for a buying partner for the lot?? and not make himself look like a scammer. he posts on here a lot,so he should be smart enough to know he is going to be criticized immensely for this type of (scam)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default actually

Quote:
Let me clarify here that Jamie DID tell me to wait 2 weeks to make payment on the card. He told me to "wait until he gets it". However, he stated nowhere in our dozen+ emails that the card was in an auction. He DID however "guarantee" that I would own the Uzit in 2 weeks time, leading me to believe that he was either waiting for delivery, or in negotiations on a private deal. I just fail to understand how one can guarantee someone else a card when its currently in a major auction!
Actually it's kind of a ballsy move. Unfortunately it's as was already said, if it is as it looks, it's at least unethical and at worst criminal. The lawyers would know better than me. I "guess" if he came through with the goods, it might not be criminal, as he fullfilled his part of the contract? .....
Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Chris Buckler

This is ridiculous. I have been looking for a Uzit for awhile and was excited to his post. I emailed him requesting a scan. He said he would send one later that night, which he never did and he raised his asking price $200. I told him I was still interested but have yet to get a further response. Now I see why...
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Take it easy Jamie.
Bob
Old 04-03-2010, 06:03 PM

So...money hasn't been exchanged yet, correct? What if the card is delivered as promised? I agree with everyone that this is not the right way to do things. I do not know who the person in question is...but he is being exposed and that is good for the rest of us. I would like to see the finish.
Closed Thread