NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default The best thread ever- T206

Posted By: leon

Sean- You may not post in the thread that has over 260 posts in it, about T206's. I have deleted your post and 2 others asking for that thread not to be ruined. Please don't post in that thread again. thanks.....

one other thing.....Sean, this is NOT a chatroom...it is a chatboard with good information on it....You need to go somewhere else to chat.....

Here is what Jay Behrens said, in that T206 thread, you should heed his advice:

A billion dallars here, a billion dollars there and pretty soon you are talking about real money.

Sean, you really need get over your fixation with card values. Get into this hobby because you love the game and its history. If the money is all you care about, then you will end up being very disappointed somewhere along the time. If you do it for the love of the game, then what your cards are worth is only secondary.

I'd strongly recommend that you go out and read books like When It Was a Game, any biographies of old ballplayers, Deadball Stars of the National League and rent Ken Burn' epic documentry Baseball.

I was 16 when I found my first price guide and book about baseball cards in a book store (way back in 1980). The dollar amounts are not what fascinated me about the old cards. It was the history of the cards. When I was a kid collecting cards, my favorite cards were always the All-Time Leader subset where you got to see a picture of the greats like Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth, etc and see their career stats. These cards were always far more fascinating to me than cards of the current players.

Heed the advice that others have given you, slow down, use the search function on this board and do A LOT OF READING!!!

Jay

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

Great wisdom and judgement,as usual.
many thanks, Leon!

all the best,

Barry

Old 06-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Its been a ruff week, Leon, and you were equal to it!
Maybe next week we should take it up a notch.
Nah, you may just empty the house!

PS. This chat board contains a chatroom.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

While I agree with everyone that our young poster was a bit over eager let's understand for a minute that this is a brave new world for lad and we should all agree we want to channel his energy in a positive manner.

He is asking many questions that people just jumping in with both feet would do and needs some guidance which Leon is helping him with.

And as a old hobby vet; it's always exciting to see new people with fresh enthusiasm (sic) come into the flow of Net 54.

So, welcome to the world of Vintage cards and remember these cards have been here for 100 or more years and an extra day to think about a post or create a new one is not a bad idea either.

Regards and welcome

Rich

Old 07-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard M.

and maybe Sean needs a new computer system...

Old 07-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Sean didn't remember this 2-3 days ago...... I just had to delete 2 of his posts, and one other from another board member, concerning his post, in the EPDG thread. I deleted the top thread, on the board, also, as Sean started it too. Now Sean is taking a leave of absence from our board. If anyone would like to speak about it with me please email me privately.....best regards

Old 07-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Thanks Leon,

Sean needs to read up for a couple of years, I wonder if he had any idea who the HOFers of the era were all he ever seemed worried about was money and a set designation.

Now we can get back to my brother being the pain on the board.

Lee