NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default 2008 Network 54 VBCF National Dinner - all set- Embassy Suites

Posted By: leon

This seems rather trivial after the news of one of the good guys (Max Rice) leaving us far too soon.....but here is the info for now...

We will be having the National Network54 Dinner this year, I think the 7th one, at the Embassy Suites Ohare Rosemont Hotel, on July 31st, 2008....(Thursday evening). It is a few feet from the Convention. It will run from 6pm to 12am just like last year. I am still working on some funding for it but regardless I will fund some of it no matter what. If anyone has a particular personal financial issue all you have to do is email me privately and 100% of your evening will be paid for by me (only while at the Dinner ). I want to make sure that ALL Network54 members can attend. I am working on guest speakers too. I have 1 lined up but don't want to say who it is as it's too far away right now. If he makes it I think it will be very interesting. It's someone that has been in the hobby for over 45 yrs and is well known. If anyone else has suggestions I am open. Last year Doug Allen, Brian Wentz and Lyman Hardeman spoke and they all did a great job. This year I have made it where there will be a choice of entrees....either a nice Pasta Bar or Stir Fry..... There will also be some horse duvores (sic) beforehand. I will probably have dinner served at 7:45 and the cold ones will flow from 6pm until the end. Once again you will need to wear a little paper name tag that I will have for you at the Dinner. It helps to know folk's names. No one gets to remain anonymous at the Dinner. Sometime about 3 weeks before the Sports Convention I will take RSVPs. Please don't RSVP now.....I will make a list later when I have the thread to do so. At that time I will also ask which entree you would like. It will be appreciated if you stick to it but if you change your mind at the last minute it's ok, we'll survive. I told the hotel it will be between 125-150 folks.....Last year was 125 and I think this year it will be a few more. You can ask questions here or email me....thanks again!!
ps....I will be staying at this hotel also and I am sure many others will too....(I get no discount, for the record, nor do I own their stock )

edited a few little typos

Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

whores d'ovaries.........

Old 04-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

sexy meatballs in spicy sauce!

BcD