NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Default Please Clarify New Ebay Feedback Policy

Posted By: Richard S. Simon

If you read the new ebay policy, it appears to me that your feedback total will NOT be changed.
According to my reading, correct me if I am wrong, your feedback % will be determined by the last 12 months of feedback, but your TOTAL feedback # will still be based on all the feedback you have accumulated, and it will not be reduced as many here seem to fear.
Here is the direct quote from the e mail that ebay members received:

Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

--

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 02-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

thats the way i took it too.feedback #'s stay the same but only % reflected in the last 12 months.Question is why can they continue to change things that are fine and cannot make the changes that will help to rid the site of scammers and shysters(such as a reprint catagory for trading cards)

Old 02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Everyone needs to take a snapshot of this one...I made a mistake. Now, lets let that settle in for a moment as I know it's rather hard to believe.............ok, now .....I did misread the ebay statement and it does look like the feedback will stay but won't be counted towards a percentage. Overall, I still don't like most of the changes but such is life. All of the ebay changes together affect my life so minimally that I guess it's not that big of a deal. I do wish they would try to catch more fraud and have a seperate reprint/fake category for cards...I was told several months ago they were working on it. I guess they had to raise prices first and foremost though....best regards

Old 02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

The "new" feedback will help Power sellers with poor feedback to attain the rebate EBAY is dangling.... Otherwise the raised fees would hurt the people that EBAY feels are there longtime partners. Personally, I think hiding the bidders’ identity and now eliminating Negative feedback will continue to destroy EBay’s credibility. They have basically made it easier to shill, and impossible to warn people about crooks and thieves...

Be well Brian

PS Most collectors will continue to buy from the quality sellers and avoid the majority of "small" part time sellers who buy and sell to support there habit. This will hurt sales and listings in the Pre-War catagory and steer more buyers directly to dealers sites.