NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Default Does anyone collect vintage Star Wars?

I have no idea why, but I just started browsing vintage Star Wars figures. It appears there are a few companies assigning grades to loose and carded figures. I doubt I'll spend a lot here, but I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to this category, so any words of wisdom are much appreciated.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Joshua Van Pelt

I mostly collect Masters of the Universe and have had some of my carded and loose figures graded (usually for resale purposes). I am familiar with AFA which is the gold standard and is pretty respected. A newer company is Collector Archive Services. I have seen some pretty neat displays and larger pieces encased by them and they look great.

My personal problem with grading figures is that the plastics are degrading quickly and paints change color over time. I have had high graded figures that have literally fallen apart inside the bubble or the bubble itself has fallen off. Yet it's still in a graded case and can be sold as such.

Unlike cards, I prefer my action figures raw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Bill Avery

If you do buy any carded Star Wars figures just be aware that some of them have been re-carded. There are auctions on e-bay all the time for re-card kits for all of the old Star Wars action figures. I was considering buying a carded figure at one point and saw all of the kits for sale and realized that most of the figures that looked really nice were re-carded.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:55 PM
Sean McGinty

I bought a lot of them, mostly loose ones but a few carded, about 6-7 years ago in order to re live my childhood. I picked up a lot of the vehicles too, including the Millenium Falcon complete in its Empire Strikes Back box (same one I got when I was 6)! I am only about 5 figures short of the original 85.

I am glad I bought them when I did since prices have gone through the roof since then, thanks to the new movies I think. I usedto buy a lot on the Rebel Scum forums, but can't pay the prices the stuff commands anymore.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Archive

Hi Sam

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have and I will try and help you the best I can.

Check out these websites as well.

rebelscum.com

imperialgunnery.com

Do your homework before you spend any money. Most of the weapons & accessories for these vintage figures have been mass reproduced since most kids lost them. The original weapons & accessories are a key component to buying & selling these figures and can sell for more than the actual figures alone.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM though if you need more information.

Jantz