NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 PM
David

Default Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. David from Denton, TX here. 47 years old, collector since I was a young boy. Spending more time loving the hobby as I have grown again. Learning a lot and enjoying the hunt for stuff. I am sure I will be involved in some buy/sell/trade stuff as I dig around.

Seems like a tremendous amount of cool stuff here.

David
Old 09-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Al Richter

Welcome David. What do you collect ?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome fellow Texan. LMK if you ever have any questions concerning the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidan View Post
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. David from Denton, TX here. 47 years old, collector since I was a young boy. Spending more time loving the hobby as I have grown again. Learning a lot and enjoying the hunt for stuff. I am sure I will be involved in some buy/sell/trade stuff as I dig around.

Seems like a tremendous amount of cool stuff here.

David
Old 09-10-2019, 06:15 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Welcome David. What do you collect ?
I have a fond interest of 50's and 60's baseball. Some of my key collects over the years have been a 51 Bowman Mays Rookie, a 53 Mantle, a Hank Aaron Topps Rookie, 56 Mantle, lots of early 60's, etc.

I am also a big Texas Rangers and Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans Fan. So I collect anything and everything that I like that comes from those organizations. Nolan Ryan is a big favorite.

I continue to have fun ripping Wax with my wife and daughter, and flip a lot of it in trades and eBay and keep what we like.

I have been collecting nearly a complete set of the Topps Living release and I like to buy selected online stuff from Panini Instant, and Topps Online
Old 09-10-2019, 06:32 PM
David

I do have a quick question

Is there a section here or process where you can see successful (or unsuccessful) transactions in the B/S/T space others have made, so you can get a good feeling about a transaction before pulling the trigger? and what is the general protocol, etiquette, process here for trading, buying, selling? If I have missed it somewhere obvious I apologize in advance.

David
Old 09-10-2019, 06:43 PM
je.sse @rnot

Welcome. There is no feedback system or list of successful transactions around here. Many members here are well known and respected in the hobby. Personally, if I have never dealt with or heard of a particular seller I will ask around and see if anyone I know will vouch for that person. If I can't find anyone I make sure to send funds PayPal goods, just in case.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Welcome to the group David!! When buying from the BST section, you can look in the top right of a post to see how many posts they have made. I'd only be concerned with newer members selling until they have a proven track record. Usually if someone is a bad seller, Leon makes them magically disappear quickly, as well as informing everyone of the issue.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 09-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Welcome to the group David!! When buying from the BST section, you can look in the top right of a post to see how many posts they have made. I'd only be concerned with newer members selling until they have a proven track record. Usually if someone is a bad seller, Leon makes them magically disappear quickly, as well as informing everyone of the issue.
There have been no (I don't know of any) outright scams that were carried out successfully on our BST. Everyone should always PM me if there is any question whatsoever about a member doing a deal. All members can easily be vetted if I am contacted. I will call them and ask them for some references if nothing else. . It is caveat emptor so everyone needs to be cautious. Lastly, there are thousands of eyes over there and I get PM'd every now and then about something (and it's appreciated). But no, there is no feedback system.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Welcome to the group!! As a newer member....in the last year, I believe, I have actually bought quite a bit of stuff from fellow board members and never had an issue. Probably because I was just buying junk they wanted to get rid of, lol. Just kidding! Honestly, just reading posts and seeing names of members made me completely comfortable buying from pretty much anyone. As has been previously stated, there are a lot of eyes out there and I believe if anyone tried to pull anything, they would be quickly tarred and feathered.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM
David

Thanks so much guys for the warm welcome and feedback!

David