NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Dean

Default Alternate Way to Display Your Cards

Not sure if this is a new idea or not, but I don't recall reading about anyone turning their scanned card images into a book. Lots of people are doing this with family photos, so I figured I'd give it a shot with baseball cards. Just threw together an 8 x 8 book. Following are a few pics. In person the print quality is top notch, but the background color I chose is not the best, and creates a pseudo-metallic effect when the light hits it a certain way. I'm very happy for a first try at it.

The standard Topps cards are actual size in the book. Some others are tweaked, like the cover (obviously). Let me know what you think, and if anyone else has done this I'd love to see some pics (and steal some ideas).

my eBay auctions
Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
J.O.N

I think it is really cool. How did you do it?

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Jimmy

Pretty cool Dean.
What company?
Was their software easy to use?
I've seen photobooks made through Lulu.com and Blurb.com but never tried them myself.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
George

Dean, that is awesome...such a creative idea! I wonder if you could have even taken those scanned images to Costco or even Walmart and have them put together an album. Perhaps you may not get the same level of customization but could be another alternative although nice to be able to do this "in-house."
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Richard Cline

We use Blurb for all of our photos now, never for my cards though. That looks like a good idea for displaying and sharing your cards.
RC
Old 09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 View Post
I think it is really cool. How did you do it?
Thanks Jon. I put the book together through AdoramaPix.com. There are lots of places on the net to make them though. I've used Snapfish and Shutterfly for family photo stuff with nice results, but Adorama is a step or more above, with better print quality and nice layflat book design.

You just need decent res scans, upload them to the site, then use book tool to organize and arrange however you like. Very easy, and you can totally customize it.

Here's a link to Adorama's photo book page: Link (I have no affiliation with Adorama, BTW, just impressed with their product)

my eBay auctions
Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

very cool!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Brad

This is a great idea. We've used Snapfish for family photo albums of special events like Christmas, vacations, spring training, etc., and it's very easy to use and fun to do your own book.

I love how you used the backs of cards for the back cover - great look.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Dean

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. And really, this is easy to do, and there are lots of places that can do it. Not sure about the Wal-Mart/Costco option as I've never gotten pics at either, but I'd guess they do something similar as well.

my eBay auctions
Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Holy Cow. I'm actually doing something similar right now through Shutterfly. Beautiful way to show off the collection. A coffee table book about coffee tables...
Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 PM
J@son M1ller

Also would be a good way to catalog your collection for insurance value or even just safekeeping or posterity. I can imagine doing one volume per year? SOmething like that would be interesting.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Love it thanks for sharing!

Ricky Y
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Really neat and crative. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll look into it as well.
Drew
Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Ditto what Jaybird said . . .

I've done something similar with my collections for just such a reason. Seeing is believing.

Another reason was to aid my "beneficiaries" in the future liquidation of my collection. To entertain potential offers from a larger pool of dealers, the books (with accompaning CD-ROM of both front & back closeup images) can be sent to many dealers at once, versus toting the whole collection from dealer to dealer. Dealer response would determine who to allow physical evaluation to. It's one thing to see a listing of what a potential seller has to sell; it's another to actually see the items offered. I realize the dealer will still want to physically view the items, but a potential offer of $1000 certainly trumps a potential offer of $850.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 09-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.