NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default Is this really worth this much?

I was watching very closely the Probstein auction of the T206 Pattee PSA 6. I was extremely disappointed for how much it went for, as this is probably my favorite card of all time, and have always wanted to own a great example.

I know there is a premium for the horizontal cards, but why? I don't collect T206's, but a common card, common back, in great shape, others don't nearly sell this high. I was hoping for around $180-$200, so was pretty sad how high it went.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Jake

Don't worry this isn't a Ty Cobb back or a 1of1 item, there will b others soon enough.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlighter View Post
Don't worry this isn't a Ty Cobb back or a 1of1 item, there will b others soon enough.
I know, but I was just surprised how much it went for compared to other PSA 6's.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
I know there is a premium for the horizontal cards, but why? I don't collect T206's, but a common card, common back, in great shape, others don't nearly sell this high. I was hoping for around $180-$200, so was pretty sad how high it went.
There are only a handful of horizontals out of the 500+ T206s, so its a neat subset to collect and thus goes for a premium. For $200 just keep looking and you'll find an example in the VG/EX range (PSA 4 or SGC 50 if you like to buy graded) that is well centered and has nice eye appeal and touched corners. Thats what I'd look for if I had $200 to spend on this card.

Good luck & be patient!
Rob

Last edited by tiger8mush; 08-29-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: fixed endquote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

This is on a lot of people's favorites list. I beleive it is also a 150 only card so it is not just a regular common. So finding it in higher grade would definitely add more of a premium to it on top of it being on so many favorites lists.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Matt Hall

There's a bunch of guys out there, like you, that just want a horizontal T206 so you're bidding against more then set collectors. You've also got your sights set pretty high. A t206 with corners that sharp used to be rare.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Thanks for all of your inputs. Well, I just think the card is gorgeous, and saw the 6 so figured why not try to get it lol. I don't care for a 6, that's just a number. What I want is just a nice clean front and back, great eye appeal and not too rounded of corners. But that's asking a lot haha
Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Bill T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
A t206 with corners that sharp used to be rare.
Thanks for the laugh, Matt!

Bill